Old March 13, 2001, 03:09   #61
Dale
Emperor

Local Time: 19:57
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Ahhh....... I got it now. I'll include the array initialise in the "BeginGame" handler. That will elliminate the array errors.

For the "wrong arguement" errors for proposal 7 & 8, have you tried changing the compare line in both to this? I heard someone had success doing that.

if(DIP_tmpvalue2 != player[0] && DIP_tmpvalue2 != player[1]) {

It a catch I should have seen from the begining. Stupid me.

------------------
Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."
Old March 13, 2001, 16:08   #62
Milkweed
Settler

Local Time: 09:57
Dale

I believe I have tried adding the conditional with no success. I will try again later to verify.

I also intend to look at Locutus' site to see if I can get any more information on the ConsiderNewProposal function.
Old March 13, 2001, 20:44   #63
Mal the magnificient
Settler

Couldn't see anything on this before but notice some odd things on asking for maps these days. Apart from the standard AI response which either offers and exchange or, after rejected and threatened with war, accepts, I can't help wondering how sometimes I find isolated parts of the map suddenly becoming available to view.

Is this just the diplomod that doesn't require contact before exchanging maps or might it be to do with the Med Mod?
Old March 13, 2001, 21:30   #64
Dale
Emperor

Mal:
That's a result of getting the AI's to swap maps between them. AIciv1 swaps maps with AIciv2. They have each others maps. You swap for AIciv1's map and voila! You know both AIciv1's AND AIciv2's map (due to the earlier swap). But they all find out about you too by swapping.

------------------
Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."
Old March 14, 2001, 07:46   #65
Mal the magnificient
Settler

That bit I had realised. However, for me to get another nations map, I have to meet one of them at some stage so there is always an explored line linking my civilisation to the centre of the AI-civ when the maps are exchanged.

Where there is an "island" of explored territory that would imply that the two AI-civs never actually met. Is this just an area of the game where the AI is playing by different rules?

------------------
Theirs is not to reason why, theirs is but to do and die.
Old March 15, 2001, 20:54   #66
wendell777

Dale,

I am getting this error:

Old March 15, 2001, 20:55   #67
wendell777

Dale,

I am getting this error:

In object DIP_MainRoutine, function_ConsiderNewProposal: wrong type of argument.

I am running The MedMod II on a PIII 700, 30GB hard drive, and 192MB Ram.
And I do have the 1.11 Patch installed.

wendell777

Old March 15, 2001, 21:03   #68
wendell777

Dale,

I just discovered this, I one of the errors for each of the other civs turns, not including the barbarians. I am currently playing with 4 civs. Each time I clear the error and get back into the game it is the next civs turn, then it gives me the error again on the next civ. Once it gets to my turn I take my turn then it does it all over again for the otehr civs. I hope this helps some! I just wanted to say thanks for working so hard on this! It's nice to have somebody working hard to make this game good! (obviously I don't mean Activision!)

Time flies like the wind, house flies like the wall.

Old March 15, 2001, 23:26   #69
Milkweed
Settler

Wendell,

I believe that Dale has remedied this problem and given it to WesW for inclusion in the next release on Med Mod. In the meantime, you can avoid these errors by disabling the code for DIP_request 7 & 8 in DIP_MainRoutine in MM_Diplomod.slc (..\ct2_data\default\gamedata\). If you need more information, see Dale's message from March 9 at 3:23
Old March 15, 2001, 23:46   #70
wendell777

Milkweed,

Thanks, I must have missed that part about commenting those parts out. Sorry! I'm kind of new to the forum so I forget to check the previous messages! I'll be looking forwards to the new Med Mod update!

Lokk up and smile for the satelite!!!

Old March 16, 2001, 01:23   #71
Dale
Emperor

Milkweed is correct there. Wes has now updated the script files for MM2, and they include my changes, Locutus' changes and Wes' changes. Congrats to Wes for getting all this together.

Also, in related news, I've sent Diplomod V3.4 (the official release not the Med Mod II release) to Omnigod to update the files DB with. It has exactly the same functionality as the MM2 version. Which means re-creating embassies and disabling break agreement proposals changes from V3.3.

Hope you guys continue to enjoy the mod.

Dale

------------------
Old March 19, 2001, 09:34   #72
Huysmans_666
Chieftain

Hi Dale,

Ehhmmm, it's 19th of march here and the file DB still says 3.3, what's the matter ???

Furthermore, could the medmod use another SLIC file for creating pirates on the oceans...I'm working on one !

Let me know !

See ya

------------------
"Lets advance through this narrow corridor and hope the germans won't shoot too much !", English commander to his driver. Driver:"What if they do ?". Commander:"Just keep on driving, they'll stop eventually."
(Operation Market Garden, 1944)
Old March 20, 2001, 17:35   #73
Dale
Emperor

Huys:
Ask Wes about the pirate script. That's probably a good idea to add after the core scripts are debugged and working fine.

As for the normal diplomacy mod 3.4, if you or anyone else wants it, just email me and I'll email it back.

------------------