Old April 4, 2000, 19:11   #1
spyvsspy

Local Time: 23:32
Local Date: October 30, 2010
building settlers
i am curious as to how to get a settler to build on the turn the city grows in population. it seems that as i approached size two it builds thus asking to disband the current city , yet i read all the time about people maxing out their settlers.... can some one explain this in detail to me as often i dont quite get it without a great explanation do you build the settler the turn after growth..... ie the food box is full, and you have two excess grain next turn to grow, and two shields left with two production..... is this how you do it.... so how do you crank out settlers without losing population growth as i read in another post???????
Old April 4, 2000, 21:18   #2
Smash
Emperor

Local Time: 15:32
You've got it.When the food box is full you know next turn you will see a new citizen.So if you finish a settler on the same turn you dont drop down in population.Usually requires a little incremental rush building
Old April 4, 2000, 22:54   #3
SandMonkey
Prince

Local Time: 17:32
Spy, are you doing this for ICS? Or for a "regular" game? Unless you're into that whole "micromanagement" thing, if you're playing ICS i think it's too much of a pain in the butt to try and get each city to build a settler right when they grow to size 2... i dunno maybe i am just laazzzzyy.....
Old April 5, 2000, 01:45   #4
Black Bart

Whoah. I'm definately too lazy for that. I'm too lazy to check when my cities are about to grow and hence go into disorder. it's kind of a self handicap . I let all my cities go into disorder when they increase in population to give the ai a chance .

Old April 5, 2000, 04:55   #5
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Possibly off topic, but your first city can produce settlers at size 1 without disbanding as long as it is your ONLY city - unfortunately these settlers are owned and supported by that first city so the trick is at best only repeatable twice...

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
Old April 5, 2000, 05:44   #6
spyvsspy

wow this sounds as tedious as i thought.... i just wanted to know if that was the way to do it, i guess for ics its the best way but then how do people keep their cash, must have to get lucky with the huts in ics..... otherwise i am thinking that growing is more benefitial, at least on larger maps..... perhaps not on a small map??????? i like larger maps but all the mp i read about seems to be on a small map...... i am not sure if i am ready for this sort of thing