Old April 5, 2001, 15:39   #1
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 11:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I compared the two files with an hexeditor they aren't identical but they should contain the same picture files. Not identical ones but which with the same name.

I did not have a rim viever or a rim to tga converter. I only have the game itself to view the images. I unzfs-ed the one of the two files and I know which name I can use in the uniticon.txt to make appear it in the Great Library or I modify other files to put it somewhere else in the game, because the Great Library is not suitable for every image it will strech the images. You can use one of the *.ldl files for this purpose.

-Martin
Old April 6, 2001, 00:05   #2
PaulWilliams
Settler

Local Time: 09:58
Rims and zfs and things
Two questions about the Pic555.zfs and Pic565.zfs.

They are full of RIM files. As someone has already explained these are images in an unknown format. Is there really no RIM viewer? Has anyone a friend at Activision who could help???

And why the two files. At first sight they seem identical? I put thhe two CTP1 files in English/graphics and was able to access CTP1 graphic files. Then I got to asking myself what is in which one. So I unzfs-ed them to find they are, or appear to be identical? So why? Are they both needed? Or is Activision just trying to fill up our hard drives so we can't have other games?
Old April 14, 2001, 07:20   #3
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Paul I also tried to put the CTP1 PicXXX.zfs files into the graphics folder. But I got error message that CTP2 can't find the correct graphics do you modified every file to get it to work? I replaced only one of the files to access on CTP1 And CTP2 graphics but only the pic565.zfs is read. Try this rename pic555.zfs to something else and load the game. The effect is the game is loaded without any problems. Rename pic565.zfs instead of pic565.zfs to something else and load the game. You will get two targa load errors:

Unable to find file 'uptg20e.tga'
Unable to find file 'uptg03a.tga'

Now rename pic565.zfs to something else and rename pic555.zfs to pic565.zfs. Now you will get two different targa load errors:

Invalid RIM file format 'uptg20e.rim'
Invalid RIM file format 'uptg03a.rim'

You should compare a *.rim file from the pic555.zfs to an equevalent one of the pic565.zfs may be a combination of the two *.rim files would be a working *.tga file. But I have no proof and I don't know if it is a combination what a combination: Addition/Subtraction?

-Martin
Old April 16, 2001, 09:32   #4
PaulWilliams
Settler

Local Time: 09:58
Heh heh. I like working with you Martin!

I put the CTP1 picxxx.zfs files in the English/graphics/pictures folder (German for you???) and renamed the two existing files there which seemed small - and as the game works - inconsequential.

We really do need a friend at Activision to help us unlock this one. Is there not a friendly Activision voice out there somewhere?
Old April 16, 2001, 14:15   #5
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 10:58
Will this work with the *.til files as well, ie. get the CTP1 tile pictures into CTP2, preferably both together ?
Old April 17, 2001, 09:34   #6
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

The CTP1 tile pictures can also be found in the *.til files.

Take a look into:
http://www.apolyton.net/forums/Forum...000159.html?16

-Martin