Old May 5, 2001, 17:58   #1
Tampa
Settler

Local Time: 09:59
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Downloads
I have downloaded units, buildings, and wonders images to replace the originals of the game. The units and building are from Martin Guhmann and the wonders from Harlan Thompson. I don't know how to install the images in the correct files so they will work. If someone knows please email me with detailed step by step instructions so I can enjoy these images.

Email me at jamie@atlantictraffic.ca
Old May 6, 2001, 10:51   #2
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 11:59
Local Date: October 31, 2010
To install the images you have to put the *.tga files into the ..\ctp_data\default\graphics\pictures\ directory. The second step is to edit the uniticon.txt that can be found in the ..\ctp_data\default\gamedata\ folder. Open the uniticon.txt. You will find these lines for example:

ICON_IMPROVE_AQUEDUCT { FirstFrame "UPIP006L.TGA" Movie "NULL" Gameplay "IMPROVE_AQUEDUCT_GAMEPLAY" Historical "IMPROVE_AQUEDUCT_HISTORICAL" Prereq "IMPROVE_AQUEDUCT_PREREQ" Vari "IMPROVE_AQUEDUCT_STATISTICS" Icon "UPIP006L.TGA" LargeIcon "NULL" SmallIcon "NULL" StatText "IMPROVE_AQUEDUCT_STATISTICS" }

Now here is the part from the CTP1 improveicon.txt:

ICON_IMPROVE_AQUEDUCT "CM015F.tga" "CM015A.avi" "GAMEM015.txt" "HISTM015.txt" "PREQM015.txt" "VARIM015.txt" "UPM015.tga" "STATM015.txt"

Now everything what you have to do is to replace both UPIP006L.TGA by CM015F.tga, and CTP2 will use a CTP1 building image without any age background.

But there is an alternitive: You can rename the CM015F.tga to UPIP006L.TGA and store it in the ..\ctp_data\default\graphics\pictures\ directory. The CTP1 improveicon.txt and CTP1 uniticon.txt will help you to identify the images. Note that these images packs are all considerd for modmakers, therefore you have to implement them on your own. You can modify, combine or implement them as they are, but you have to do it on your own.

-Martin