Old April 27, 2001, 23:53   #1
Kautilya
King

Local Time: 03:59
Local Date: October 31, 2010
FAQ for the MedMod?
I would really like to try the MedMod but don't have the time to read the several hundred posts on it.

Is there one place where I can can read the main things I need to know to run it properly including the main bugs I should look out for. For instance IIRC there was a problem with the first version with saved games. Is that still a problem?

Thanks
Old April 28, 2001, 08:59   #2
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 04:59
Two words...

readme files!!
Old April 28, 2001, 13:29   #3
Kautilya
King

Thanks. I saw those after downloading the text files.

But are they updatated to include the bugs that people discover as they play the mod? Especially the serious bugs which you need to know of to play the game ( any save-game problems for instance).
Old May 6, 2001, 15:48   #4
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:59
The readme's are updated with every new release, but since the mod is still in beta new bugs can be discovered and/or fixed every day. For that reason you'll want to read the MedMod thread as well, at least the posts made by Wes. You may want to keep an eye on posts of SLIC-coders (mainly Dale, Gedrin and me) as well, as many bugs are SLIC-related, but those are less important than Wes's.

The savegame bug you mention was fixed a long time ago, but we did discover a new one recently (don't you just love this game? ), which will be fixed (or rather, worked around) in the next update, which should come sometime this week. More info about the bug can be found in one of my posts in the thread (only posted two or three times in the entire thread so shouldn't be hard to find).
Old May 7, 2001, 13:57   #5
WesW
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

The militia bug is the only one remaining in the mod at this point, so once we have the new militia trigger in place, I really hope there are no more bugs in the mod.