Old May 17, 2001, 14:16   #1
Elucidus
C4WDG United Dungeon DwellersC4WDG StrategaC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4WDG Spamyard TeamC4WDG éirich tuireannC4WDG The GooniesC4WDG People's Army of the LadderC4WDG Calysium
Prince

Local Time: 04:00
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Civilization Attributes
I was wondering if SLIC could remove, or better yet, move a wonder from one city to another. Maybe where ever the capitol was built.
What I am looking at is having each civ start with a wonder that would give them a basic civ advantage or disadvantage (through a scenario, of course). The problem is, if someone captures their capitol it would then become theirs, and that is too much of an advantage for the human player. My thought was if I could make it follow the capitol of that civ where ever it was built than it wouldn't be captureable, or at least not for long. And if someone were to move their capitol it would follow. Either that or I could make a specific tech not in the regular tech tree for each civ and make it a prerequisite to their "Capitol" and change their capitols attributes. But I don't think the new "capitol" can have the same universal effect on their whole civ the way a wonder can. I'm just seeing if any of this is possible. If anyone can offer any insight into this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your help.

------------------
Yours in gaming,
~Elucidus
Old May 19, 2001, 10:23   #2
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 12:00
Well, removing Wonders is certainly possible (with Event: DestroyWonder), but I frankly don't know if it's possible to recreate it again in another city once destroyed, never tried that before. It's not possible in the regular game but with the SLIC event CreateWonder it may be possible. Not making a city captureable is easy though, there's a simple SLIC function CantAttackCity with which you can prevent anyone from attacking specifc cities. You could simply enable and disable this code whenever you want (FE wonder-city can only be captured if it's the last city remainng) to ensure the no weird things start to happen. Other alternatives to get Civ specific stuff are through SLIC or through advances (possibly in combination with SLIC), but which method to use mostly depends on what exactly you need. A building probably won't work as buildings never have civ-wide effects but only apply to a single city.
[This message has been edited by Locutus (edited May 19, 2001).]
Old May 19, 2001, 11:49   #3
Elucidus
C4WDG United Dungeon DwellersC4WDG StrategaC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4WDG Spamyard TeamC4WDG éirich tuireannC4WDG The GooniesC4WDG People's Army of the LadderC4WDG Calysium
Prince

Local Time: 04:00
Yeah, I had a similar thought. I was looking through the list of SLIC functions and the like and am working on something..., but not sure what exactly. I guess ultimately I would like it so that when you selected a specific race (even in a random game) they automatically get a specific set of attributes, but seeing as that is not likely possible, I will start with what you suggested and make the captiol uncapturable until the end. Thank you for your assistance. It is greatly appreciated. I'll keep everyone informed if I come up with anything.

------------------
Yours in gaming,
~Elucidus
Old May 31, 2001, 19:01   #4
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 11:00
Most wonder effects should be possible via SLIC anyway, so you can just do a beginning-game check for what civilisation theplayer is, and then assign abilies from there. eg.
Code:
handleevent(beginturn) 'start' pre {
              if(player[0].civilization == CivilizationDB(CIVILIZATION_AMERICANS){
                             //simulate Ramayana
                            Happytimerevent(3, 2000, 0);
                            // or whatever... 1st number amount of happy, second is duration, third is reason.
                }
}
Thats probably rubbish coding, but its just another possible way of doing it.