Old April 11, 2001, 02:59   #31
kIndal
Spanish Civers
King

Local Time: 11:03
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I think that could be caused by the zip file, that corrupt the events files
I think it isn´t the batch file because for me works right, i have changed the command of delevent in 30yw.sav.
But I have discover that it doesn´t work to me if I extract the files from the zip file, for me only work my original files,too. I have your same problem
I will send you (and averyone need) the event file 1 from Henrik and other from me that works perfectly in our computers.
Old April 11, 2001, 04:10   #32
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Could you send the updated version of the scenario to?
The bugs I told you about whit how the imperials wont take Magdeburg (becouse the invading army instantly makes peace (becouse of the United Nations wonder) and then return home) and how the danish will lose Lauenberg before they are supposed to (this is probably solved when you moved the event for danish mercenaires to Shleswig), these bugs render the scenario very hard to play...
And I wonder if the polish really are supposed to able to build forts when nobody else is.
[This message has been edited by Henrik (edited April 11, 2001).]
Old April 11, 2001, 04:40   #33
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

I just got an Idea, everyone could post thier progress in the scenario here.
If Jesus sees that we are able to do stuff that wasn't intended he could tell us and fix it.
It would also be fun reading
What do you guys think?
A big Multiplayer playtest would also be pretty cool (if there is a date and time for it).

Also Jesus:
Forget what I said about untoggling the total war flag, It is really cool when nations like Poland the Imperials goes from fighting eachoter to allying against me (although it wont help them I hope ), leave total war on!
[This message has been edited by Henrik (edited April 11, 2001).]
Old April 11, 2001, 13:28   #34
Waku
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish Civers
Emperor

Same problem with events.txt

On the other hand I think there's a line mising in the summenr/winter batchs: "copy Wrules.txt rules.txt", 'cos my units don't match with their names. Am I right?
Old April 11, 2001, 13:33   #35
Waku
Emperor

Just a minute!
The events problem is gone by adding those lines...
Old April 11, 2001, 13:59   #36
Henrik
Emperor

I seem to remember telling Jesús about that earlier, apparently he forgot to change it...
Old April 11, 2001, 15:52   #37
Chris 62
Spanish CiversCivilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 06:03
If that's it Waku, please send the corrected file to me, so I can play!

------------------
All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
Old April 11, 2001, 16:51   #38
Waku
Emperor

quote:

Originally posted by cpoulos on 04-11-2001 03:52 PM
If that's it Waku, please send the corrected file to me, so I can play!

Check your mailbox!
Old April 11, 2001, 17:41   #39
VietMinh
Warlord

Local Time: 10:03
I would like to playtest it if possible; DaiVietVu@netscape.net
Old April 11, 2001, 19:09   #40
The Hogfather

got it! Shall play toooonight!

Old April 11, 2001, 20:09   #41
Waku
Emperor

My First game playing Danish:
-Level Prince (I'm a coward, so what?!)
-I always forget to change seasons on time
-Biggest Danish problem: Swedish ( Henrik)
-To solve my big problem: Favourites
-Long? yes, but I like long scns (I don't see the point of make a wonderful scn to be played for a while)
-History/Events: This war is quite unknown to me (i hope not for long)
-map: perfect design & size
-graphics: excellents
Old April 11, 2001, 20:16   #42
Chris 62
Emperor

I checked my mailbox, Waku. Nothing was there.

------------------
Old April 12, 2001, 00:05   #43
N35t0r
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversDiplomacyScenario League / Civ2-CreationPtWDG2 Latin LoversC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPSPB Team EspañolC4WDG Spamyard TeamBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 07:03
I got the file, will be playing it today. I'm leaving for my campo for the Easter holidays, so i will be resuming play after i come back.
Old April 12, 2001, 03:50   #44
Waku
Emperor

quote:

Originally posted by cpoulos on 04-11-2001 08:16 PM
I checked my mailbox, Waku. Nothing was there.

I've sent them again.
Check your PM.
Old April 12, 2001, 03:53   #45
Henrik
Emperor

I've just entered the french phase of the war playing as Sweden.
This is what I've done so far:
In the first phase I beat up the polish and took all cities down to Riga, but couldn't press on whitout heavt losses so I made peace and started to fortify the city heavily.
Before phase one was over two wars whit the Danish and one more whit the Polish had been fought.
I took Hälsingborg from the Danes and nothing from the Poles (these two allied against me too). I also managed to take Wismar from the independents.
Phase two the Danish phase (I had to replay phase one first since the danish had lost Lauenberg to the protestants allready hopefully this will be fixed now that Jesús has moved the danish mercenaires to Shleswig).
Annyway in phase two I managed to take Malmö and Östlandet from the danish and I also started a massive buildup of troops in Wismar (knowing that I was soon to invade the Holy Roman Empire).
At first the Imperials didn't managed to take Magdeburg (they where supposed to, but the protestants quickly made peace whit the United Nations wonder) but then I reloaded and got the Protestants to declare war against the Imperials (by paying them 2000.000 Reichtaller). The result was that the imperials managed to take Magdeburg but then the protestants made peace imidietly again (I told you before the United Nations should be obsolete).
Then I was told to load the first Swedish phase of the war (Yes!! ).
I waited untill an event popped up and I gor my first Swedish comander unit (Gustavus Adolphus?) then I stormed Magdeburg via the royal road, I quikly continued southward and managed to take Bamberg as well (in the same turn!).
Then I continued onwards to Mainz Cologne and Münster.
Later I captured the imperial cities of Bremen (they took it from the Danes) and Minden as well. I left Brunswick alone for now.
I tried moving against Ratisbon but there was lot of Protestant (who where allied to me) troops in fortresses on the royal road.
It took a little longer but I managed to take Ratisbon as well.
A few wars whit the pole was undertaken, Danzig and Kolberg changed hands (they became Swedish) and for a short while Königsberg was mine too.
In the next war the Polish recaptured that city though
Since the Polish where growing increasingly stronger (too strong if you aske me he has 100000.000 Reichstaller! I think a building whitout meaning and high upkeep would solve that problem(it would only be available to the polish)).
I managed to bribe Posen (for 6000.000 Reichstaller) and discovered that it contained 17 fortresses (that got me to save and check whit cheatmode and I discovered that the polish can build fortresses but nobody else can, it is in the Fanatics slot. Imho noboy should be able to build them).
Libau changed hands a couple of times and I managed to take Trondhiem and Østlandet (that is Christiania and Christansand) from the Danish.
I built a fortress (the type that engineers can build, not the kind built by the poles.) in the place where the Düna (the river that goes to Riga) makes a turn in the forest (giving a defender the total bonus of 150% extra defence, then I filled it up whit Dragoons, Cuirassers, Pikemen and Artillery). This proved to be a vital strategy to keep the growing Polish threat at bay.
In the second Swedish phase my army in Germany had reached Ratisbon and the one in Poland defended itself nicely, I had conquered large parts of the Danish Heartland and my economy was booming (due to the fact that I have two happyness wonder I am making money very fast from we love the king day celebrating cities).
That's when the problems began
First the French called upon me to say that the Alliance was disolved and then the Imperials bribed one of my Swedish Comanders (he was a side changing bastard annyway ).
And the imperial counter attack started, the Poles also declared war and hundedreds of polish soldiers died against the walls of my newly constructed fort outside Riga and the heavily fortified city of Posen.
The polish and the Imperials (both former enemies) allied against me and transformed Ratisbon to Rubble (the city was destroyed completely).
My other holdings survived as the Imperial counter attack lost momentum when they couldn't continue into Germany (again there was Protestant units in the way and they where at peace whit the protestants (was this intended?)).
Then the French sneak attacked me and tried to take my important German cities (!) they did of course fail to do so, but this turn of things was worying...
Then I loaded the french phase of the war (which I am still playing).
An event took away my last partner in this war the protestants, although they never lifted even a finger to help me I was atleast never at war whit them before.
My army in Germany was crushed, I used my new scottish mercenaires to keep the Protestants at bay and I signed a cease fire whit the Polish.
The cease fire I signed whit the Polish soon showed to be catastrophical, they filled the territory around my fortress outside Riga whit heavy artillry and cavalry, when I realized what they where doing I got them to declare on me and I killed all of them outside the fortress.
Then they managed to overun my fortress!!!
They just kept comming whit new artillery, infantry and cavalry, since they had infinte cash they also had infite units (and cities, the pole has founded 11 no name cities, the french has founded 1, the spanish 4(one of them is named Madrid but is size 3 and is situeted in Africe) and last of all the Imperials have founded 2 new cities.).
The situation now is this:
My german army is beaten, I am managing to keep the protestants and French away easily but right now I can't expand.
My polish defence force is also beaten, I can only hope that Danzig and Riga is going to hold together, all new troops from Sweden I am sending to Poland, not Germany.
My economy is still booming I have 4000.000 Reichstaller, but I am rather helpless right now...
As a conclusion I must say that the polish are too strong and the Imperials too weak, Spain is a bit too strong in southern France (but in Germany Spains as is being kicked by the French).
I also think that negotiations between allies should be forbidden (to avoid situations where France attacks sweden, etc).
Hope this wasn't too much
Old April 12, 2001, 05:09   #46
Waku
Emperor

Noname founded cities: 2 polish, 2 spanish 1 danish.
Why is there a danish fortress in northern norway?
Old April 12, 2001, 05:49   #47
Chris 62
Emperor

quote:

Originally posted by Waku on 04-12-2001 03:50 AM
I've sent them again.
Check your PM.

I have it now. Thanks.

------------------
Old April 12, 2001, 13:35   #48
Henrik
Emperor

quote:

Originally posted by Shaka Naldur on 04-12-2001 12:53 PM
is there already a revised version??
send it to me please

There is, Jesús has stated that bugs I reported and changes I have proposed have been fixed/made. But he has atleast not sent the new files to me, which is bad becouse I would want to play a fully functional scenario
quote:

Henrik,
could you put the non-sounds file in a different zip one?, my internet conection sucks and 3.6 MB are too much for me, it takes hours to download in my computer and it always disconects
thanks

Sorry about that, it has been fixed. There is now three files:
1655.zip (the scenario itself it is now 1240k, better?)
sound1.zip (half of the sound files (663k))
sound2.zip (the other half (1437k))
I have had reports about how not all of my sounds was working, please confirm this if you notice the same thing.
Old April 12, 2001, 15:00   #49
kIndal
Spanish Civers
King

-So now, everybody has no problem with events, hasn´t you?
-I have sent to Henrik a changed rules.txt and 30yw.scn to put in a page a you can dowload from there the revised versions
-About seasons I will removed them, I think that it is very tired and I always forget to change them, and I think that you too
-VietMinh when Henrik put the link you can download from there
-Waku, Norway was a part of Denmark, so I put a fortress to shiw the influence in the North, I think that will be a nosense make another city.
-Good story Henrik!!!!!!!
Old April 12, 2001, 15:14   #50
Henrik
Emperor

Jesús, you didn't include the changed events files
You said that Denmark would get not get their mercenairies in the mainland instead of Copenhagen.
Old April 12, 2001, 15:34   #51
Henrik
Emperor

ignore
[This message has been edited by Henrik (edited April 12, 2001).]
Old April 12, 2001, 15:36   #52
Chris 62
Emperor

quote:

Originally posted by kIndal on 04-12-2001 03:00 PM
-About seasons I will removed them, I think that it is very tired and I always forget to change them, and I think that you too

Why not put in a reminder in the events file? Each november, load winter. It shouldn't take up that much room. If you want to lose it, it's OK by me, but I still think it's a good idea.

------------------
Old April 12, 2001, 15:38   #53
Henrik
Emperor

There was no room left in the event file.
I discussed this whit Jesús earlier, when I first asked him to include seasons (before the thread here at Apolyton).
I agree though, the seasons where cumbersome in this scenario.
Old April 12, 2001, 15:55   #54
kIndal
Spanish Civers
King

Seasons never conviced me so much, but we discused about it in other forum and i made them but I think it isn´t very usefull in this scenario and no events can be used for each 6 turns por something like this, turninterval and random turn don´t work corretcly.
Old April 12, 2001, 16:50   #55
Henrik
Emperor

I have received all files, but I will probably not upload them untill tomorow.
Old April 12, 2001, 17:06   #56
Masis
Warlord

Local Time: 10:03
The Age Of Alexius (First Crusade) scenario is now available for playtesting.

To have the playablity of this game assessed by you civers is what I want from you.
It is still to be given embellishments like Wonders information, but is otherwise complete.
The events may have a few errors still on it, but as I say, I welcome the civers to give me their opinion on these matters.

E-mail me at Khatchik@cwcom.net to playtest the new scenario

------------------
MRP
Old April 13, 2001, 00:53   #57
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

is there already a revised version??
send it to me please

Henrik,
could you put the non-sounds file in a different zip one?, my internet conection sucks and 3.6 MB are too much for me, it takes hours to download in my computer and it always disconects
thanks
Old April 13, 2001, 07:51   #58
Waku
Emperor

Danish Report:
-No problem to get rid of swedish in Scandinavia.
-No problem to control Northern Germany (by now)
-The "till-now" friendly Polish have just declared war to me (I think this is the beggining of the end) I'm not going to be able to mantain my position in N/Germany. (Polish are too strong & unbribable)
-French did the same (they were never friendly to me)
-I can't negotiate with the Imperials, I think this is historically unaccurate.
-Spanish seem to be more interested in expand through Medit.Sea than in German Religious affaires.

Old April 13, 2001, 08:36   #59
Henrik
Emperor

You have to get the Polish early when they are still weak, I didn't in my first game (as swedish), but I did in the one I am playing now and I managed to get all the way to taking Warsaw.
The Poles are only getting stronger as the scenario progresses (in reallity it was the opposite I think) so get them early.
As a Swede I have no problems whit the danes either, I think that if one of these nations are human controlled they will easily be able to grab the controll of the baltics.
You can speak to the imperials in all phases but the second (I think).
The french are the usual civ 2 french in one way, they loves to sneak attack.
In my games Spain does well against France in the south and they faill in keeping the Spanish road in germany free of french in the north, this is rather accurate I think.
Old April 13, 2001, 10:13   #60
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

thanks henrik, I´m going to download it now