Old March 16, 2001, 21:34   #1
Probbka
King

Local Time: 04:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hilarious manual
Man, this is screwed up... The game is awesome (ordered it day 1, been playing nonstop ) but the manual is awful... look at page 7 (American manual)... it says [screenshot of "normal" map also showing the fog of war]... does this seem hastily put together to anyone else?
Probbka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2001, 00:40   #2
Par4
King

Local Time: 02:05
While I do love great manuals, see homeworld, ground control, anything published by sierra, I agree the EU manual totally sucks. The typos don't bother me too much, you can expect them from a European made game, they just happen. I don't see any screenshot of fog of war on on page 7 but hey don't let it get to you the game is pretty flawless, so the manual sucks read the history and be happy.
Par4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2001, 09:37   #3
Olaf_the_White
Settler

Local Time: 10:05
I just got the game yesterday (in exchange for a returned copy of CTP2, I love return policies) and I agree. I played for twelve hours just trying to figure out how to send merchants and diplomats out, how to assign colonists, how to combine military units into a single stack and a host of other things the manual ought to make clear. The flip side of it is that I considered it time well spent! Learning to play EU beats learning SLIC and working overtime to create a playable scenario within a game system that will still be fatally flawed anyway!
Olaf_the_White is offline   Reply With Quote