Old May 12, 2000, 20:35   #1
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 23:34
Local Date: October 30, 2010
I'm bananas about you, Babe!
Why do bananas not occur as frequently as pheasant? Why do rubies not occur as frequently as silk? In short, what is the pattern of special square distribution?

(Should we have entitled the thread, "Using Bananas is a crutch for Weaker Players!")
Old May 12, 2000, 20:55   #2
Crustacian
Prince

Local Time: 15:34
As a weak player myself who relys overmuch on the use of bananas to give me decisive victories against the AI and killer bunny rabbits time and time again, it isn't fair of me to do so. So now I will try and do it using the far more illusive gold square.

hehe

The swamps and jungles are more scare terrain squares in the first place usually unless you up the game settings to wet and warm. Then you might get more of them as well as spice, and peat.

------------------
The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus
Old May 12, 2000, 21:00   #3
Venger
King

Local Time: 17:34
quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 05-12-2000 08:35 PM
Why do bananas not occur as frequently as pheasant? Why do rubies not occur as frequently as silk? In short, what is the pattern of special square distribution?

The reason is that the support terrain is much rarer. Jungle doesn't appear very much, and thus it's coincidence with specials is that much rarer.

I almost never (and I mean never) get to use a jungle special. For some reason, I get started at the poles damn near every game...

quote:

(Should we have entitled the thread, "Using Bananas is a crutch for Weaker Players!")

Awwwww BITE ME.

Venger
P.S. In these ridiculous P.C. times, I'm suprised that jungle isn't "Rain Forest" or somesuchshit. Spend a few days in it alone and then name it...
Old May 12, 2000, 21:12   #4
Fenway

hm, sounds right to me

Old May 14, 2000, 00:41   #5
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 18:34
Venger - Good point! Units that spend more than 3 turns on a jungle square should get foot-rot and leeches!

Hey, here's an idea for a new unit. "M.A.S.H.": Combines 1/3 strength barracks healing and prevents gradual deterioration of unit strength in jungle and swamp squares...