Old May 23, 2001, 10:12   #1
Exile
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 05:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
"Play CD Track" ;what does it mean?
I read the instructions on this and they're somewhat vague. When it says CD track, does it means the little tunes on the Civ2 cd like "Ode to Joy" and "Primeval World" and "World of Jules Verne?" Are these the "CD tracks?" If that is so, how do I substitue a piece of music that I want to play in place of one of the CD tracks? Is it as simple as renaming the track I want to use, make sure that it is formatted correctly, and placed in the "Sound" folder of the scenario?

I have a piece of music that I want the scenario to play instead of the default music that it normally plays--this is my purpose here.

Wrestling with creation,
Exile
"Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.
Old May 23, 2001, 10:26   #2
BeBro
Emperor

Local Time: 12:16
You can specify via event what CD track should be played when the scn starts. You are right, they mean these tunes like "Ode to Joy" and "Primeval World" and "World of Jules Verne. But with the "Play CD track" feature you cannot play other music than these tunes, because they are normal audio CD tracks, burned into the CD. You can convert an own piece of music to the .wav format and use the "Playwavfile" option of the events instead, but be in mind that such wave files can have large file sizes if you want to play a longer piece of music.

P.S. Received your mail
Old May 23, 2001, 10:34   #3
Exile
King

Curses! foiled again!
Thanks, Bernd. Yes, I supposed that was what that meant, but wasn't sure. My intention was to trigger the "Play CD track" with a "scenario loads" trigger, using the piece of music that I wanted to hear instead of one of the default tracks. But, according to the information you've provided, I can't do that because, according to the manual, if I use the "scenario loads" trigger with a "play CD track" command, I could experience bad things. Apparently, I'll just have to make do with one of the default CD tracks.

I think that the "funeral march" will do.

Hulk Hogan has nothing on me,
Exile
Old May 23, 2001, 18:16   #4
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

With all of these posts, Exile, it's going to be interesting to see what this is all leading to.
Old May 23, 2001, 18:47   #5
Exile
King

It's DONE, I tell you!
Well, it's finished. I'm trying to work out the kinks and bugs right now. The main problem is the events file. It's just got me buffaloed, (Americanism describing a frustrating process or incident.) I can't get any of my "createunit" events to work, and they are the heart of the scenario. I just came up with a cool idea and implemented it though; one civ has an air unit type, a horde of bats. I have a terrain type that I called "caverns." the "Caverns" terrain didn't do anything or provide any resources, it was just an indication of the evil and desolation of the region. Then I realized that I could put airfields in those cavern-terrains and the bats could come to roost there. All that I had to do to polish it was to make the airfields invisible, and viola'! BATCAVES!

Now if I could just figure out what the *&%$#@ is wrong with the events, we're in business!

Still wrestling,
Exile