Old May 23, 2001, 11:41   #1
D4everman
Prince

Local Time: 10:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Some questions, comments and ramblings
This game is addicting. I managed to get the afternoon off because a plumber had to come by my quarters (military). I decided to waste the time waiting by playing some EU. Ma, its been three hours. When the plumber came I rushed him outta here so I could keep playing.

Anyway, I have a long way to go to get the hang of this game. I tried the Grand Campaign as england and I waited...waited until I thought I had a big enough force to taje Scotland with no prolonged battles. It took ubtil about 1508 until I thought I was prepared. By then though the scots started upgrading their fortresses. Damn! I had to move now! I threw everything I had at them and now they have only Lothian left. I don't know how to get that from them. Advice would be helpful. I also don't know how to get to the "New world".

I tried to also make nice-nice with the european continent but Spain and France hate me. I entered an alliance with Navarro (sp?) without thinking. The problem is I'm used to thinking og Europe as countries and not provinces. And since they aren't color coded I don't know who is who most of the time. I blame the US education system. I might have been a lousy student, but I ain't dumb. Guess I should brush up on my european history. (I live in Germany right now! But on an Army post so hel, I see more americans than germans from day to day)

Hey, I'll throw this in....to any people that have never visited Europe you should! Its a great place. I take advantage of any trip I can to see more of it. Its one thing to play EU and imagine what those times must have been like and another to actually viusit places and see them. Rothensburg is a walled city in Germany and its beautiful. The museum of Medieval Torture devices is there and man, the things people did back then...I even saw a real dungeon. Makes you think. Venice is a great place to visit, as most places here...Notre Dame etc...when you think these cathedrals were built without the aid of modern machinery...its just so cool. Maybe I'll try and post some of my photos if anyone is interested.

Ok, I'm done rambling. I'll be sad in five months...I'm due to go back to the US.

D4
Old May 23, 2001, 12:11   #2
Kyle
Prince

Local Time: 06:16
I'm assuming you took everything from Scotland through peace negotiations. If not and only took them during war (which you're probably still going through) you can conquer every province and then annex them (the option is automatically given if possible) during the peace negotiation.

To get to the America's (or any area that's covered in Terra Incognita) you'll need an explorer (on a ship) and a Conquistador to explore land. These will come randomly. But soon if you're playing as England.

And the countries are color coded, you need to select the political map button on the world map at the bottom left of the screen(looks like two crossed flags). Also, the borders between countries are denoted by a heavy red line. Navarra was an independent kingdom for a time, a one province kingdom (in the game anyway), but still a country.

The grand strategy part should be thought of in terms of nations (by using the political map), but the tactical combat is done by provinces. It's just some nations only have one or two provinces.

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10, 2001, 13:17   #3
DaShi
Emperor

Local Time: 10:16
Colonize Hawaii!!!!