Old May 24, 2001, 04:33   #1
D4everman
Prince

Local Time: 10:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
more newbie questions
Ok, I spent hours yesterday as England in the GC, and still only made it to about 1522. I must be doing poorly since I have about 88 victory points and Spain has about 6 tmes that. Anyway I have a few questions.

How do you modify religion at all? I just don't know.

And how the hell can I get to the new world? I tried but I can't pass through terra incognita. When does england get explorers? If Cabot was met to be one he didn't get through it either. I don't understand and I'd appreciate some advice.
Old May 24, 2001, 11:45   #2
Kyle
Prince

Local Time: 06:18
Religion: At the top left, there's a shield that looks like your national flag. Click it and on the screen that comes up on the left, there's a cross indicating your state religion. Click that, it then takes you to the religion screen. From there you can, if available, switch religions and set tolerance levels.

And yes, you need ship based explorers to traverse TI over the oceans. I don't know why it's not working for you. But that's how it's done early in the game.

As for Spain having more VP, that's because it probably has a sizable colonial empire by now and much more combat.

As for time movement, hit CTRL and either the '+' or '-' buttons on the keypad to speed up or slow down time movement.

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2001, 15:12   #3
Tom DeMille
Prince

Local Time: 05:18
The reformation won't happen for a few years yet (at the bottom of the religion screen there is a percentage of time elapsed until the next big religious event), so you will have to stay catholic for a while yet. As for explorers, England won't get any more for another 30 or 40 years. Your best bet is to declare war on france or spain or portugal, and steal their maps (by taking their capital or winning a few naval battles).
Tom DeMille is offline   Reply With Quote