Old May 16, 2000, 22:08   #151
Venger
King

Local Time: 17:35
Local Date: October 30, 2010
quote:

Originally posted by War4ever on 05-16-2000 05:46 AM
Venger, i would have to say that although you didn't start the war... you have no problem adding fuel to the fire.

Well, I have to concede that point. I tend to not turn the other cheek...

quote:

Two wrongs don't make it right, and retaliating to insults is showing a lack of maturity

Thanks Dad.

quote:

..... although i must admit i find this thread creative and some of your humour interesting

Heh, thanks, I try to at least make it interesting for the reader. Humor (hopefully) let's everyone know the discussion isn't personal, but should be taken in the spirit of the game...

quote:

That all said, how people interpret the rules is their opinion, just like your own. As long as everyone respects each others opinions, then nothing is taken personally...... thus we have no accusations or misunderstandings

Well said, and I cannot agree more.

quote:

The beauty of Apolyton is the difference of opoinion, and comraderie which go hand and hand , along with a willingness of die hard fans to ask and reply to the many topics of this great game.

Venger, i seriously doubt you will find many who will play without the possibility of WLTKD's ........maybe in time , but no one now i think is really interested based on the fact that no one is really convinced of your stance. I think the best point you raised is the one of the interpretation of the rules.......... this has validity as there is no way to know what the programmers wanted without sending a request by email or such

Half of my hope was to find a way to prevent/limit it altogether, so that quest has unfortunately failed. As to convincing, well, that was really never my intent, but a good discussion was, and alot of people have participated with meaningful arguments.

But then again, some people... wait... must control... turn... other... cheek...

Venger
Old May 16, 2000, 22:15   #152
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 15:35
lol @Venger..... again some of your responses are funny... i am sorry you lost on your quest to expell WLTKD from the game, but like you already stated , you only have these events for a turn or two max so in reality it doesn't affect your game at all.

If you are interested in a duel to test your strat out on me i would welcome the challenge... i am an average player but interested in seeing whose strategy is better, yours or mine.....

------------------
Every Wednesday night between 5pm and 9pm it is War4ever... Come pin your pike on the jackass lest you be made a fool and turned into the jackass yourself....... same icq #
Old May 16, 2000, 22:16   #153
Venger
King

quote:

Originally posted by Bohlen on 05-15-2000 10:32 PM
Ming, please close this thread. It has become a boxing match and a very silly one at that.

You know, I hate country music.

Really, I do. The twang, the stupid lyrics, the cousin marrying angle. I find it akin to listening to my scrotum rip.

But you know what? I don't turn on the country music station and whine about "Oh I hate that music! Why don't they stop?" I don't buy country music CD's and then complain to the record store how awful they are. I don't buy tickets to Garth Brooks and then mope in the front row, or yell out for him to play "Freebird".

Point is, you know what this thread is about, SKIP IT. Why should people who want to discuss this topic be prevented from doing so simply because you don't like the content? You do not have to pay to download it, pay for the hard drive space to hold it, or are prevented from posting topics of your own because it is present.

If you don't want to participate, don't go away mad. Just go away.

Venger
Old May 16, 2000, 22:25   #154
Venger
King

quote:

Originally posted by vik on 05-16-2000 05:04 PM

I contend, as I have contended ever since page one of this thread (and I belive Venger acknowledged it), that if WLTxD is available to all players -- weak, mediocre, strong, and/or elite players -- then it is truly not a "crutch" for just the weaker players.

I see your point - Crustacean has inelegantly argued the same point, with sound thinking if not sound typing and a tendency to Yoda... I'm unsure if it's entirely invalid, because I think the question of endless turns of Civ-wide WLTYYD still applies to MP games. But I do see where you feel the universality of the rule is a mitigating circumstance in my original posit. Hey, I think I managed to use three really-big-words-to-sound-smart in one sentence! Woohoo!

quote:

Agree with me you do? Hmmmmm?

Arggh, are you Crustacean's literate double login twin?

Venger
P.S. I think you can make any sentence a Yoda sentence. All you need to do is randomlyy scramble the words and add a yes or mmm...let's try on the first sentence in this paragraph...

Make a sentence any Yoda sentence think you can I, mmm? It works!
Old May 17, 2000, 09:01   #155
Crustacian
Prince

Local Time: 15:35
Well let me know how the duel comes out War4ever and Venger, that is if you guys play.

Once there was a great indian chief who came to an army fort and spoke through an interpriter. After much waving of the arms and eloquent colorfull words in his own tongue to the effect that his people were proud....and from the sunset to the great river they have lived...and so forth he continued til finally done.
The army officer asked the interpriter what he had said, and "he wants food and blankets" was his simple cut to the point reply.

Old May 17, 2000, 09:10   #156
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 18:35
Gee, this a thread in the strategy forum crossed 150 posts. Well, that is the limit.
To speed up the site, the Admin have ruled that once a thread crosses this barrier, that it get closed/archived and a new thread get started.

Venger, since it is your thread, it is up to you to start the continuation thread if you want to. If you do start part II, I will archive this thread, and post a link to it's new location.

For now, this will appear as closed. I will then archive it after a new thread has started or it appears that most people have seen that this thread reached it's limit.

------------------
Ming
CivII & Off-Topic Forum Moderator
Ming@Apolyton.net