Old July 9, 2001, 06:05   #181
rooboy
Chieftain

Local Time: 20:21
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by OmniGod
The year 1300 AD, and after the death of Gazablanca... the little known OmniGod took control of the Australians... his first order of business was to rid the Australians of all beer and liquor, he wanted a pure nation of science lovers.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
Old July 9, 2001, 08:53   #182
Gazablanca
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:21
Omni,booze is what the people want!!!!!!!!!!!!Not Science...... ....and my tomb being hurled in the sea.....what an act of tyranny.......
Old July 9, 2001, 12:53   #183
Pilfur
Chieftain

Local Time: 05:21
That prohibition period sucked for the people, but was an excellent piece of writing. Well done!!

Old July 9, 2001, 13:31   #184
Skeeve
Prince

Local Time: 06:21
Well, I sure have a chance to regain the popularity of the people by repealing prohibition! However... I'm not so sure I will.

One order of business will be to salvage poor Gazablanca's tomb and put it in a museum.

Anyway, I got the file. I promise to play tonight at 5:00pm (10:00pm GMT) and post my summary shortly afterward. The file will go on to BerXpert by 7:00pm, which should actually give him enough time to play this same night, because I think he's in Mexico.

We'll see if we can get Darkknight his turn before he goes on Vacation.

In the meantime, you guys won't hear from me for a week and a half. I have my final summar class on July 12th, and then it's off to the BEACH!
Old July 9, 2001, 14:25   #185
berXpert
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power MultiplayerC4WDG Delian League
King

I sense some presure here to play my turn, but I'm going for the 72h rule, so by the 7:00 pm of the 12th July I'll send my file

just kiding, I'll play my turn tonight, well if Skeeve send as he promise.
Old July 9, 2001, 16:52   #186
OmniGod
Civilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Glad you enjoyed it Pilfur.
Old July 9, 2001, 22:24   #187
Skeeve
Prince

A CHRONICLE OF THE REIGN OF SKEEVE III
  • 1350 - Young Skeeve ascends to power over the newly formed Republic of Australia. His first act is to repeal the prohibition on alcohol and a huge party is initiated across the land. Unfortunately, this leads to quite a few drunken accidents, so Skeeve declares that there should be a drinking age. However, since this is a republic, he has to put it to vote in the Senate. The Senate agrees to meet 5 years from now.
  • 1355 - After the parties die down, one of our longships runs aground on the shore of a tiny island and the crew becomes castaways. The new village they form is called "Castaway". (Being a little hung-over from all the partying, they couldn't come up with a very original name).
  • 1360 - 5 years late, the Senate finally meets to discuss Skeeve's proposal of a drinking age. Skeeve suggests that 21 is a reasonable age. The Senate votes it down 99-1. The bill is revised and then passes 71-29. The new effective drinking age is 7.
  • 1365 - While doing a survey of the Army, Skeeve realizes that the readiness of the army is at peacetime level!! After accusing some of his military advisors of treason he raises readiness to wartime level. (After all, we're at war with the British)
  • 1370 - Skeeve addresses the Nation. He informs them that back when he began his rule, the country was researching Concrete. However, he changed it to Ocean Faring but forgot to tell everyone. He is quoted as saying; "Well, now I've told you, so don't give me any of your lip!". Skeeve's approval ratings sinks to a new low. (Apparently, the Party's over now).
  • 1375 - Just a bunch of exploring and shuffling troops around.
  • 1380 - A group of hooligans from Darkabode leave to form their own city. Unfortunately, their journey will take about 40 years... and who knows where they'll end up.
  • 1385 - Well, that rots. A group of Barbarians just murdered a troop of our archers. The news travels slow, however, apparently this happened about 15 years ago.
  • 1390 - Skeeve's Scientists discover the secret of Ocean Faring! Kind of strange though, when you think about it. We've been sailing around the world for decades now...
  • 1395 - Although we've been officially at war with England, not a drop of blood has been shed on either side while Skeeve has been in power. It seems that the two nations are a little bit indifferent to each other right now. The Australians breath a sigh of relief because the latest intelligence data indicates that they can WHIP OUR A**!
  • 1400 - Incredibly, Skeeve is abducted by a UFO and he is never seen again. There are many witnesses, but even more curious, all witnesses who are above the age of 60 report that the UFO looked just like Gazablanca's Tomb....
Old July 10, 2001, 10:41   #188
berXpert
King

Hi guys, I have the file since yesterday, I don't know what's going on with my PC 'cos each turn I need 5 minuts to play

It was really late and I have class at 7:00 am so I drop my game, I'm going to send my turn to Darkknight so he can play it and go on vacations really happy.

And I'll play his turn after Immortal Wombat if you don't mind.
Old July 10, 2001, 11:05   #189
Skeeve
Prince

Yeah, I noticed the same thing, BerXpert.
The turns are starting to get really slow now because the AI has a lot of CIVs. I have a Pentium III 600MHZ and the game is still slow.

Oh well, in light of Darkknight's upcoming vacation (and mine), I think we can allow a little slip in the turn order. Please send the file to BerXpert when Darkknight is finished so he can get his turn in.

See ya all!
Old July 10, 2001, 22:43   #190
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

Just got the file there so I played and here is:

The diary of Darkknight III,
edited by Bob DB

1400AD:
Jan 1st: Got pissed.
March 1st: Woke up, got pissed.
May 23rd: Ate a shoe, got pissed.
Oct 56th: Got hit in the head by a flying pig.
ed: Pursuaded by his right honourable heir Sir Bob DB Darkknight got down to business.
Sept 1st: Took a break and went to Slane.
November 21st: Heard of an English city called manchester to the SE. During a bout of sobreness Darkknight signed a cease fire with the English. Military Readiness set to Peace.

1405AD:
Jan 1st: Woke up with one helluva hangover. Vows never to drink again. An Ethiopian ship has found one of our cities to the north and has made contact with us, They are " Not to be trifled with". Darkknight has no idea why they dislike trifles but he will eat their share.
Jan 2nd: Got Pissed.
Sept 31st: Snorf and Aaagh! are set to build The East India Co.
Dec. 25th: Cambridge found. Uncontrollable urge to party so gets pissed.

1410AD:
Term 2: Did not wake up.
ed: The right honourable sir Bob DB rightfully took control for the day.
Jud 26th: 'Apolyton' built to the NW as a safe haven for the Nostalgic old farts who look back at the ancient game of Civilisation and smile.
gem 34th: Got pissed while watching Arthur Switzerbigger in a new play.
ent 23rd: Declares all 23'rds a holy day.
day 19th: Declares all 23'rds not a holy day.

1415AD:
Ink shortage throughout the empire! Made symbolic gesture to teeming hordes by using less ink. Alchemy discovered begin researching Iron working. Oxford found near Cambridge. Longship reports seeing flotillas of 12 person canoes rowing near the shore.

1420AD: My military strategists ed: Among them the great Bob DB have planned a massive attack on Manchester! Units gathering near the east coast. A large sized city (18) found in england called Birmingham.

1425AD: Got seriously pissed while watching 'Sesame Street - The Megalomaniacs heaven'.

1430AD: Greeks start on Gute's Bible. Iron working discovered! started researching Theology. Mil. state set to war.

1435AD: Mexicans start on Gute's bible.
Nicuraguans start on The East India Co. !

1440AD: Got pissed while watching ' Pinnochio the swordfish '

1445AD: Catapult killed by barbarians in Apolyton. Civers everywhere are outraged and demand revenge!
ed: Of course Bob DB's excellent skill helped save the city from complete destruction

1450AD: Got pissed fell into the river and got swept away to an unknown land in an unknown world. Get pissed in the local pub. Great beer here. Think I'm going to like it.

ed: And so ends his career. And of course his successor Bob DB shall rule over the people like a kind angel over her minions
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	graph1450.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	918  
Old July 11, 2001, 00:24   #191
phoenixcager
Call to Power PBEMC4WDG Delian League
Emperor

Local Time: 18:21
We're the dark blue civ, right? Looks like we aren't doing too bad now...
Old July 11, 2001, 07:46   #192
Skeeve
Prince

Can anyone explain why some of our AI opponents have Flatlined economically?

I don't think they've been eliminated.
Old July 11, 2001, 15:38   #193
Pilfur
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by berXpert
Hi guys, I have the file since yesterday, I don't know what's going on with my PC 'cos each turn I need 5 minuts to play
Yes it also takes my computer far too long. This is why I rarely play with massive maps and many civs.
Old July 13, 2001, 00:46   #194
OmniGod
Prince

Let's move it along people.. nothing to see here.... how much longer til I get to write again?
Old July 13, 2001, 17:20   #195
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

I'll be going off to cloudy France now for four weeks so no internet/computers/TV for me and just look at those cloads.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	image101.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	990  
Old July 14, 2001, 10:09   #196
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

I believe it is once again time to enact the 72 hour rule.
Old July 14, 2001, 13:23   #197
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 11:21
Noooo, just about to post. Sorry guys
Hopefully this will be better than my usual shoddy posts though...

The reign of Wombat the Not-Quite-So-Immortal
  • 1450 - The new consul of the Australian republic takes a half-decade to look around his country and explore the possibilities that the future may hold. Troops are arranged, and longboats are ordered home from the outskirts of the world.
  • 1455 - The good ship Porpoise (or was it Starfish?) exploring the English coastline finds a city named Canterbury. Gossips on board tell a story about a bishop brutally murdered at Canterbury on the orders of the king. Sceptics point out that Cathedrals do not exist in this universe, as the demi-God Activision replaced them with basilicas since Universion1.
  • 1460 - Wombat accepts a map exchange with Indonesia, and we can see all their territory. The good ship Starfish (or is it Porpoise?) is sent to investigate further. Annoyed at the inability to remember which longship is named what, Wombat seeks a solution to the problem...
    Loads of Public works are spend. Farms for Apolyton, mines for Jonnyopolis and Aargh! and Xpertland are made into trade and science centres with the completion of numerous trading posts around the cities.
  • 1465 - We discover Theology! As the Zulus have completed the East India Company this year, Wombat pretends that he planned for this, intending to switch production to the Hagia Sofia when theology was discovered. His advisors draw straws over who will tell him that the Hagia Sofia was built in Greece before we even knew how to. Wombat decides it would be imprudent to execute the advisor who drew the short straw. Later in the year, his advisors draw straws over who will inform the Consul that the city Apolyton was taken by a group of barbarians archers on horseback. The same advisor draws the short straw. Wombat executes him. Then he dispatches a longboat with a pair of knights on board to recover the city and surrounding farmland.
  • 1470 - Aargh! is now the greatest science city in Australia and the people are happy.
    During a quiet period of history, Wombat has time to think, and is rewarded by a flash of inspiration regarding the navy problem. He renames all longships in the Navy to the "Wombat". Then whatever ship does something, he can refer to it by name.
  • 1475 - Jonnyopolis begins building a caravan. New South Jonnyopolis begins building an arena. Another quiet time, and Wombat spends his days reading up on military history and tactics, especially those of the greats - Sun Tzu, Eisenhower and Skeeve.
  • 1480 - Young builds a new longship, and at the grand launching ceremony, Wombat smashes a bottle of pre-Prohibition champagne against the hull and names it the "Wombat". The ships maiden voyage is a trip to Xpertland to collect some knights due for transfer southwards.
    Castaway rush-buys an arena to appease the people's yearning for the capitol.
  • 1485 - We discover concrete, but we are not the first to find this wonderous building material and do not acheive the feat of wonder. We aim for classical education in the hopes that universities will be able to teach our children a love of learning. Xpertland builds a longship, and again, it is named the "Wombat". The government has completely run out of pre-Prohibition champagne however, and so the ship is launched unceremoniously by a bunch of smelly fisherman.
    A knight and catapult division board the ship and head southwards.
    Meanwhile, in England, two knights land near Manchester as part of a sneaky diplomatic policy by Wombat. He meekly offers an exchange of cities - Aargh! for Manchester. Historians note the similarity between this and an ancient military tactic known as the Wombat manouver. The media brand Wombat a revisiting hero from the past. Scholars brand him a copy-cat.]
    The English reject his 'generous' proposal, perhaps noticing the stack of greek units outside Aargh!...
    Despite being plyed with gold, and threatened by the knights outside Manchester, desperatly waiting to "reduce the city to rubble", the English reject all attempts at an Australian wombat manouver, and Wombat is disheartened. Desperate to be a military hero, Wombat attempts the same trick with four other nations. None listen to his pleas and he is rejected in all talks.
    Wishing to make good his threat, Wombat orders New Zealand to produce Samurai "until they are coming out of your ears". Citizens there try hard, but reckon a maximum of one every five years is all they can manage. A longship is despatched to collect them.
  • 1490 - Wombat is becoming senile, and forgets names easily, mystics blame it on shoddy note-taking, but no-one knows what they are talking about. Some city called Gaza something starts to build a settler to colonise the western end of the island.
  • 1495 - In his final years as consul, Wombat disproves the 'Donut World' theory once and for all, as the good ship Wombat finds no N-S passage; only a new continent, named Antarctica, and already a popular tourist destination, what with Pilfur's tomb being found there and the incident with the pink penguins .

Wombat then retires from Consulship, leaving the senate looking for a new leader. He heads for his retirement home in the mountains, but only makes it to the foothills before suffering a heart attack. He recuperates in a nearby village, but cannot hope to reach his mountain retirement home. After more years of senility, he passes away, but is credited with the first diagrams of how to make working cable cars...
Old July 14, 2001, 19:28   #198
Gazablanca
Chieftain

Quote:
Some city called Gaza something starts to build a settler to colonise the western end of the island.
Gaza something?????BAH!!!!!!!!!!!
Old July 15, 2001, 00:06   #199
OmniGod
Prince

That's what happens Gaz when people throw your tomb into the ocean... you loose your city and people forget what it is called. I'm very sorry.
Old July 15, 2001, 06:42   #200
Sean
Prince

Wombat,

As you and Darkknight swapped turns, the game file is supposed to come to me now (from you, instead of DK)...yet I do not have it yet...

Sean.
Old July 15, 2001, 07:50   #201
David Murray
Prince

*gasps*

Thank God, thank God, thank God almighty!

I'm not banned any more!

Hehe...I've been so busy at work the last couple of months, I'd almost completely forgotten about CTP2...can anyone please give me a summary of what's been going on...and am I still in the game?

No hard feelings about mising my last turn and making you all wait....
Old July 15, 2001, 11:57   #202
berXpert
King

The reign of BerXpert II
  • 1500 - Masive military unit movilization to the english lands. 8 longhsips set a military rute to Manchester
  • 1505 - Apolyton city recaptured from the barbarians
  • 1510 - Travelers said that Mexicans are near to complete the Gutenberg Bible
  • 1515 - Glass trade rute changed from local to foreign for 260 gold. 1st block of troops arrive to Manchester, the stak is now formed of 9 units.
  • 1520 - Australian wise men develop the classical education. Immediate buildings of universities ordered. 3 universities are rush bought.
  • 1525 - Science rate increased, now the banking is in 6 turns not the 8 before the universities.
  • 1530 - Aargh! university opened to the public.
  • 1545 - Troops arrive to Manchester, maybe an attack is posible now, but general BerXpert resign to take the managment of the Xpertland University
Old July 15, 2001, 14:04   #203
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

So David is back. As far as I know, you're still in the game. As far as the game goes, we have been able to leave our little lump of land and find other civs.
Old July 15, 2001, 15:43   #204
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean
Wombat,

As you and Darkknight swapped turns, the game file is supposed to come to me now (from you, instead of DK)...yet I do not have it yet...
Sean, BerXpert and DK swapped turns, with me in the middle I think, or something, so BerXpert missed his turn earlier, and had to play after me to allow DK the chance to play before me, so now the file can go to you...

Sorry Gaza, I just completely forgot what your wonderful city was called, I had only noted it as Gaza, and I didn't want to get it wrong, so I went senile.

Welcome back David

Dare I ask why you were banned?
Old July 15, 2001, 18:52   #205
Gazablanca
Chieftain

That's OK Wombat.........some barb will probably trash it sometime soon anyway......
Old July 15, 2001, 21:13   #206
David Murray
Prince

Quote:
Dare I ask why you were banned?
Well, I kinda got carried away in the OTT a few months ago. The ban was supposed to last three days and ended up lasting three months.
Old July 16, 2001, 04:16   #207
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

I think pretty much everyone has had a major break from CTP2 recently. But they usually come back oddly enough (eventually)
Old July 17, 2001, 07:19   #208
Sean
Prince

Thanks for clearing that up Wombat. And David, the game file should be waiting for you

The Reign of Sean the vice-president....

Reign starts 1550 and ends 10 turns later in 1600.

1) Sean is forced to take executive powers when the president falls ill. Some call him unready for the role...
2) We discover Banking.
3) Stuff all.
4) Sinboy ransacked by barbarians.
5) England declares war on us.
6) Invasion of Manchester is a closely fought battle, but our superior numbers lose out to the Englishs tech superiority.
7) Mount Isa founded. Road built between NSJ and NZ.
8) NA
9) NA
10) Discover Gun-powder.
Old July 17, 2001, 11:18   #209
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Quote:
6) Invasion of Manchester is a closely fought battle, but our superior numbers lose out to the Englishs tech superiority.
Oh crap
Old July 17, 2001, 14:23   #210
David Murray
Prince

The trials and tribulations of Consul Murray

1600: An ambitious young member of the Austrlian Consul, David Murray, is granted leadership of the Australians through the vote of the upper-class, male, non-slave population. (Ahh, the joys of early democracy.) Desperate to increase national productivity, he immediately raises the working day to 14 hours. (Owch!)

1605: There is exploration and troop movement.

1610: New infantrymen are commissioned in New Zealand. Infantrymen production is added as addendum to most of the cities' production queues, in place of the some of the worthless civic improvements that were there originally.

1615: Naval units retreat from the English coast, awaiting more infantrymen reinforcements. Rooville starts work on a fire trireme to protect the vulnerable longships.

1620: There is much troop movement this turn.

1625: Troops on English land are massacred by English cannons.

1630: Indonesia beings work on the emancipation act. "Lilly-livered liberals!" rants Consul Murray, an avowed Republican and compassionate conservative.

1635: Shaka Zulu constructs Gallileo's telescope.

1640: Printing press found. We start work on the agricultural revolution. The Consul passes away gently, to a huge sigh of relief from the now-outlawed opposition "Democratic Party".

So basically, all I have managed to do is start to kickstart our nation into war again. We have new units coming out and we will need then to beat the tough English.