Old July 4, 2001, 07:50   #61
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 11:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Cool idea Pilfur, writing from a different PoV.
Quote:
Pilfur, an ugly and ruthless beast of a man
hee hee
Old July 6, 2001, 09:48   #62
Rhuarc
BtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 05:23
Sorry guys, but I'm afraid I am going o have to drop out of this game. I thought I would have the time, but my schedue just keeps getting busier and busier. If the file could be forwardded on to IW that would be great. If it hasn't been forwarded by tonight though I can do it. Let me know if you can forward it or if I need to tonight later. I'm still going to watch the game and see what happens, i just don't have time to play anymore. Have fun!! Maybe another time!!
Old July 9, 2001, 13:00   #63
Pilfur
Chieftain

So who is next in line? Is this game dead?
Old July 9, 2001, 16:30   #64
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Oops, sorry
I guess its me again Pilfur, if you would be so kind as to mail me the file. I have been (comparatively) busy recently, so I think I lost touch a bit, but I'm ready to play this week.
Old July 10, 2001, 10:17   #65
Skeeve
Prince

Local Time: 06:23
Pilfur,

That was a cool idea summarizing your turn with a 3rd party ancient journal.

I might borrow that someday.

- Skeeve
Old July 10, 2001, 16:55   #66
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Since Rhuarc had to drop out of this game, I'd be more than happy to take has place, so this game doesn't die out. The reason I'm asking is because Game 3 is going a little too slow for my liking.

Of course, you don't have to let me in. I was just wondering if I could squeeze in.

Jonny
Old July 11, 2001, 15:07   #67
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

I got the file OK. I'll play ASAP.

Edit: I actually posted this message after Immortal Wombat's, 3 hrs later than the time says. Why the board placed my message before the others, I have no idea.
Old July 11, 2001, 15:30   #68
Pilfur
Chieftain

I vote to let you in. This game will ping pong back and forth a little too quickly with so few players

I'm sending the file to Wombat. Wombat, you make the call as to whether we let this fellow join in, and then pass the file accordingly.
Old July 11, 2001, 15:36   #69
Pilfur
Chieftain

Hope the file gets there ok, had some troule sending to you before WOmbat.
Old July 11, 2001, 17:21   #70
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Jonny, if you want to take the file now, in place of Rhuarc, that would be fine, and then you can take each of his turns from now on. I just got game 3, and I find it difficult to play both in a day... I will mail it to you ASAP.
Quote:
The reason I'm asking is because Game 3 is going a little too slow for my liking
That's why I began it - welcome aboard

Pilfur, the file came through fine, and along with it came a second email from you with no attatchment, so that was no problem.

EDIT:
UPDATED LIST

1) Immortal Wombat - weaver1@tinyworld.co.uk
2) rooboy - arb77@optushome.com.au
3) Pilfur - twaterman@execulink.com
4) Jonny - Jonny11788@aol.com

Jonny now has the file.
Old July 12, 2001, 23:38   #71
Jonny

This is the transcript of Jonny I.

200 - Jonny I came to power after murdering Rhuarc in the palace on March 15. He gives an order for the two armies near Berlin to merge into 1. He asks the french to leave our territory at once, and they accept. He then accidentaly enslaves a French settler, and they declare war on us.

220 - The french are gathering around C.U.T.G.W.M.

240 - We Discover Feudalism. We then begin research on beauacracy. All cities building samurai are told to build knights instead. We begin gathering troops around C.U.T.G.W.M.

260 - Our twelve stack of soldiers near Berlin attack, but fail to capture the city. More fights near C.U.T.G.W.M.

280 - Our slaver in scottish territory meets and english settler. Diplomatic contact is established. All french near C.U.T.G.W.M. are eliminated.

300 - Greece's first knights are built.

320 - To keep the people happy, Jonny I introduces a new game to the people of Greece: Civ3!! (nothing important happens)

340 - We capture slaves in Stuttgart. We begin a build up of soldiers so we can attack the French city of Cannes.

360 - Discover Beauacracy. We begin work on Shipbuilding. Jonny I overthrows the Monarchy to form a Republic.

380 - We make contact with the Irish. Civ3 still played during anarchy.

399 - One year before the turn of the century, the Republic is set up. On March 15, Jonny I is murdered in the Senate. The people of Greece are so sad that they don't play Civ3 for a year.
Old July 14, 2001, 13:28   #72
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Herein lies a transcript of the reign of Wombat the GodKnowsHowManyth
  • 400AD - Mountainside development project (M'sD'vm'ntPr'j) begun, with great improvements to local infrastructure. The Army moves east towards the french border.
  • 420AD - Wombat does some modern art ~~:~~:~~
  • 440AD - Hannover has city walls, so the slaver verntures elsewhere. In scotland, slaves re captured from the Muid of Ord
  • 460AD - Elke builds a knight. Outside Marathon, a large (5) German army is sighted, and troops retreat into the safety of the city to garrison.
  • 480AD - Slaves captured from Stuttgart.
  • 500AD - BLACKOUT. Wombat dies of a stroke after 100 years of heavy drinking.
    Then a branch of the Temporal Police Force rescues Greece from certain death by throwing the whole of reality into a parallel universe where Wombat did not die.
  • 520AD - Years lost in weird temporal accident. Temporal Police Force launches full internal investigation as there is a suspicion that someone accidentally pressed "Enter" when they shouldn't have. The Temporal Police Force is branded "Institutionalaly Stupid".
  • 540AD - Ramsgate begins building knights. Our huge army attacks Cannes, but facing fierce resistance, they are forced into a retreat, suffering casualties to a French defence of knights, mounted archers and hoplites.
  • 560AD - Our catapults, all of which survived the unfortuanate attack, begin a heavy campaign of bombardment against Cannes. In the first 20 years, two mounted archer squads are killed. Filmgoers in Cannes are dissappointed, and next-years film festival is cancelled due to Greek bombardment.
    Elke rush-buys more knights as the German army approaches.
    Extensive mining is carried out on the outskirts of Athens.
    BLACKOUT Again Wombat suffers a stroke, and again the TPF have to knock reality sideways...
  • 580AD - The catapults outside Cannes kill a hoplite unit. A reconnaisance mission reveals that Cannes still has 6 mounted archers, an archer, a hoplite and a knight garrissoned as a guard. More french units are nearby.

Wombat the retires from government, and retreats to his retirement home in the Grey Wombat Mountians, where he reads the Ramayana cover2cover, and starts to translate it into Latin, the upcoming language of the upper-classes.
Old July 16, 2001, 19:20   #73
Pilfur
Chieftain

funny!
Old July 16, 2001, 22:22   #74
rooboy
Chieftain

Local Time: 20:23
Quote:
Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

Filmgoers in Cannes are dissappointed, and next-years film festival is cancelled due to Greek bombardment.

Old July 17, 2001, 22:59   #75
rooboy
Chieftain

Herein lies the short history of Rooboy the "umpteenth"

600 AD: Rooboy is elected to replace the Wombat as the next leader of the mighty Greeks. However, before his swearing in as leader, he is stabbed in the back by his military advisor, Guido. It seems Guido had a hidden agenda...
Old July 18, 2001, 01:55   #76
rooboy
Chieftain

In other words, the file has been passed to Pilfur, as for some strange reason i couldn't get the saved game to load.

Work you bastard, work!!

Oh, well, I suppose there are more important issues than this.

Think I'll have one of Darkknight's glasses of alcohol instead.

Cheers.
Old July 18, 2001, 06:11   #77
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Oh arse. I think that may be my fault...

I played a game using modswapper, with Martin's extra seafort tileimprovement. I think that may have screwed it up.

Rooboy, I can send you the game that was sent to me, or I can replay my turns, and send that to you.
Your choice.

Now I'm mad with myself
Old July 18, 2001, 21:59   #78
rooboy
Chieftain

No problem.

You might as well replay your turns, I'm sure the others won't mind. If they do, stuff 'em.

Maybe the Cannes film festival will not be cancelled this time around, who knows?

Now, get on with it!
Old July 18, 2001, 22:02   #79
rooboy
Chieftain

Does anyone find this a little vulgar?
Old July 19, 2001, 07:10   #80
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Ok, I'll replay them. As regards that check out the "This is perverse" thread in the Apolyton/Community forum...
Old July 19, 2001, 12:29   #81
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

I have re-played my turns, almost exactly as I did before, except that the bombardment on Cannes stopped the film festival for 200 years , and we didn't go to war with Scotland, I even resisted the urge to enslave a settler . Curiously the BLACKOUTs came at the very same years as they did the first time I played the turns which was a little worrying, but the TPF sorted it all out again. Last scouts report show 10 units in Cannes, 6 mounted archers an archer, hoplite, pikeman, and knight. We do however have 9 catapults outside now, doing their level best to flatten the whole defence, and a squad of knights mopping up the french reinforcements.

BTW, the zipped savegame file is 8kb too big to attach here
Old July 21, 2001, 06:15   #82
rooboy
Chieftain

Oh s h i t e, I still seem to having the same problem.
Game crashing to windows whenever I try to load this specific saved game. Earlier ones received from Immortal Wombat are fine though ie. 250 BC.

Anyone got any idea WTF is going on?

Maybe throw me in prison and throw away the keys.:banned:

I'll pass the file on to Pilfur to see if he can make any sense of this situation. If it works for him, great. I'll just forfeit this turn, no worries there guys.

BTW, I am playing with no mods, just the official patch or whatever it is, so don't bother asking any questions relating to mods. Cheers.

Last edited by rooboy; July 21, 2001 at 06:21.
Old July 22, 2001, 21:27   #83
Pilfur
Chieftain

You ain't the only one. I can not run it either. When I load the game it crashes and goes back to desktop.

Ya, this is perverse!
Old July 22, 2001, 22:54   #84
rooboy
Chieftain

WOMBAT!!!

Do something, man!

Last edited by rooboy; July 22, 2001 at 23:00.
Old July 23, 2001, 04:12   #85
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Do what? The last turn crashed for me as well, and I can open the file fine. I think it might have been an error in the mailing process, I have a conflict sometimes when I connect to AOL, and send an email from a different address.

I will resend it, and if it still doesn't work, the TPF will do some serious readjustment, and the 400AD file will go to Rooboy, skipping my turn completely.

72 hour rule?
Old July 23, 2001, 11:35   #86
Jonny

I still have the 400 AD file from before it was sent to Immortal Wombat. The problem may have been in the transfer from my computer to his.
Old July 23, 2001, 13:58   #87
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Oh ****ety ****-****. I have just realised I am playing all my games with an altered tileimp.txt (927 tileimp version).

Jonny, send the file to rooboy, dont let me play my turn, shoot me, and dispose of the body in the manner of your choice.

72 hour is now replaced by 11 day rule (j/k)

Sorry guys, I think all the problems are my fault and I need a damn good kicking.
Old July 24, 2001, 04:19   #88
rooboy
Chieftain

Nope, same problem, again, and again, and again....

I have decided to envoke the 11 day rule. I'll kick the Wombat, Pilfur can shoot him and Jonny can dump the body.

Jonny, send the 400AD file to me. If this is corrupted also you're gonna join wombat at the bottom of the sea.

PS: Should the Cannes film festival go on?
Vote now guys!
Old July 24, 2001, 07:17   #89
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

I vote you might as well use the huge collection of knights and catapults that have collected outside Cannes.
Old July 24, 2001, 17:23   #90
Jonny

Rooboy, I sent the 400AD file to you. Hopefully it works. I don't want to end up at the bottom of the sea.