Old August 22, 2001, 22:03   #121
rooboy
Chieftain

Local Time: 20:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Yes, oui, ja so I'll handball the file to Jonnyopolis and hopefully Wombat doesn't screw things up again and I also think we could condense posts into one sentence as I've done here.
Old August 23, 2001, 01:48   #122
rooboy
Chieftain

OK, here's the story. Were up to 1100 AD. The Greek Empire totals 24 cities, 4 more than our pissy monarchist govt will allow. The people of Paris are being starved in order to disband the city, due to the proximity of two other cities. Athens is building this thing that resembles a telescope, whilst Troy is building East India Co.(useless), which needs to be changed when Gutenburgs wonder is available. We have captured all the French cities on our continent, and have adapted a peace strategy for the time being. The ****** still won't sign a cease-fire though. We are still last in science, but really shooting ahead economically, and overall.
Old August 25, 2001, 15:27   #123
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 05:23
This is basically what I did during my turn. I stopped the starving of Paris and changed its name to Zeus. I renamed Cannes to Jonnyopolis so I could have a film festival named after me. We discover Printing Press and Troy switched from East India Company to Gutenburg's Bible. The Scots built the Hagia sophia. We moved units towards the French city of Versailles (sp?).

I'm sending the file to Wombat. Try not to mess it up again.
Old August 25, 2001, 16:14   #124
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 11:23
Alright, no need to go on about it

Playing tomorrow evening GMT. What fool am I who works on Sunday...
Old August 30, 2001, 22:33   #125
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Wombat, I'm giving you 24 more hours, just because I am in a good mood.
Old August 31, 2001, 05:58   #126
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Completed Gutenburg's Bible and Galileo's 'scope.

Built a new city near Port Blub. Troops begin bombarding Versailles. Reinforcements arriving by sea. Heavy infrastructural improvements completed.
Old September 5, 2001, 07:23   #127
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

BUMP
rooboy, have you got the file? I sent it a few days ago, but a status-report would be handy, or I'll invoke the 720-hour rule

Hey, new smilies ! banned: banned: :madbanned:

Take 2. MarkG changes code as I post
Old September 5, 2001, 21:40   #128
rooboy
Chieftain

Sorry mate!

I've received the file and will play it sometime in the next 560 hours! Just hope the bastard works this time!
Old September 5, 2001, 23:59   #129
rooboy
Chieftain

I've finished my 20 turns. Nothing really exciting happened. We now have spies, to steal techs. Discovered Age of Reason and Nationalism, maybe another one there too. Infrastructure improvement program continues.
Old September 9, 2001, 09:55   #130
Jonny

Umm, I'll just send the file on to wombat because I've held onto it for about 800 hours. I forgot to tell you that I was on a trip. I was in the forest for 4 days away from computers but now I'm back!

Of course, if you're serious about 720 hours, I'll be happy to hold onto the file for another 20 days!
Old September 9, 2001, 13:00   #131
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

I have no objection to you playing it now you're back. I have a lot of stuff to do now I'm back at school, so I'll play when I can...
Old September 9, 2001, 17:25   #132
Jonny

Quote:
Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
I have no objection to you playing it now you're back. I have a lot of stuff to do now I'm back at school, so I'll play when I can...
I'll skip my turn just the same. I'm back in school as well. It takes up so much of my time.