Old May 27, 2001, 01:16   #1
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 20:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The Story of the Game
The following is a brief history of the Monks... Much of the information has been handed down from father to son , generation to generation as the ancients didnt have the knowledge nor ability to write down their own history

But from what can be gathered, at some time in the past, the Great God Raz looked down and created two tribes of monks to subdue and replenish the planet. and so began the Era of the mad monks(EM) .. (date being noted 0 EM)

The first few centuries passed very quickly for the Monks as they discovered the great river they called Raz after their God. on the banks of this great river they built their first township ( Drewvale named after the first Great monk Drew I) and began setting up a form of government and collected taxes from the people. a second city was soon built south on the River Raz (Browns plains , so named bewcause the people had traveled through so many such plains) .

A band of brave souls was sent out to explore the world around the river Raz and they soon discovered they wernet alone in the worldand had more people join hteir band of wandering units to further explore.

It wasnt long before some of their fellow inhabitants, the ones refered to as the "Terrible Red people", began their attacks on the Monks land. and so it was in the dominion of the great Monk Drew IV that war was declared and all resources thrown into fighting back the Barbarians. and a band of mighty horsemen beat off the attack in the year 800 EM, although the barb attacks continued into 900EM before being destroyed by Captain Calam in the hills to the north . and so when more people joined the monks from the north and founded a new city, this city was name din honour of Capt Callum (callumvale).

And so went the first 1600 years of the mad monks... much toil and labour , with the Monkian Scientists making many great discoveries : Riding of horses, Burial of the dead in rituals, the abiltiy to work with bronze, and how to use the bow and arrow.

and the people rejoiced as they explored the empty world and begun marking out palces for future settlement, and so under the Dominion of Rasputin II, he ordered the cancleation of Military building and begun the preparation for further city building.

The next major development occured in 1600 EM with the founding of the city of Stretton, (named after the 2nd river found which was named after the Head scientist of the 1200 EM who discovered bronze working)

in the yeear 1800EM the Far east coast was discovered and a city founded there caleld Redland Bay ( so called due to this being the direction most Red Skinned barbarian attacks came from )

and as the year 2000 EM rolled by more Red Skinned Barbarians asrrived via sea near Redland Bay.

After 100 years of violent warfare, a truce was signed in which the Red Skins withdrew to the hills and Redland Bay was safe again.but i nthe year 2250EM they broke the agreemnent and advanced on to Stretton River. So the armoes weree mobilsied again. Another group of brave settelrs forged further north and met more local aborigines who told them the area was called "Algestor" meaning place of Buffalo, in local tongue.

As the population grew though, the ability to keep the people under control and productive grew harder and harder, and so the Monkian Scinetists got together and suggested to the The Great monk Rasputin XV, that the people would be happier with a king where the merchants could be freed up to produce more... And so it was decreed that a search of al lthe land be made for a suitable Leader and after much discussion and debate, the Great Monk Rasputin XV was proclaimed King of all Raz Land and bcame known as Raz I.

In the year 2500 EM acity of natives was discovered that willingly joined the Monks way of life. Kuraby ( meaning place of Grapes of in native tongue) became the 7th Monkite City...

and to the North tales returned from our explorers of an advanced civilisation, so it was with treipdation that King Russ V sent some troops to go investigate, and in the year 2700 EM we met the English who appeares at first to be rather friendly, but they refused to alter their lifestyle to that of worshiping the Great Raz and then without warning they attacked our troops outside the city of Eternal Doom and once again the Peace loving Monks were at war . meanwhile the new city of Berrinba was founded on the Raz river delta, (Native name for the river RAz)

The War to the north was very bloody with high losses both sides, but in the south peace reined and two m,ore citys built Victoria point (named after the curent queen) and Mt cotton ( named after the vast cotton fields ownded by the King in that area )
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Last edited by Rasputin; May 27, 2001 at 03:11.
Old May 27, 2001, 03:19   #2
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

and that was all folks as one by one all the humans left. SUX hey
Old May 27, 2001, 07:49   #3
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Yes it does suck, once again Hydey was top in pop, science, cities and units but alas this game is doomed not to continue.

I know I should have sucked in this game to ensure continuation.

Hydey the no-limits man. :(
Old May 27, 2001, 12:59   #4
SuperSneak
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 02:24
Yes...Finbar had a bud vase convention to attend, and Horse was just popping in and out between cigarettes. Oh, and Nappy took a nap.

All in all, a ringing endorsement of the reason why I should just stick to Combat Mission, all by my lonesome.

never neglectful, never indulgent.
Old May 28, 2001, 02:20   #5
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

actually the mad monks had most citys with 10 compared to Hydeys zulus 8 !!!
Old May 28, 2001, 07:06   #6
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

funny I could have sworn I had 13 cities and an army poised to take all the English cities in the coming turns but then again I may be mistaken, It would not be the first time I was mistaken over a little game.

Hydey the no-limits man. :(
Old May 30, 2001, 12:22   #7
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

i loaded the saved game seeing we will probably never play again ,,(too many others to finish) and the weak english didnt last long from the maurauding Zulus from the north and the Great Mad monks from the south.... many horses were noted as casualties