Old May 29, 2001, 19:00   #1
Big Jim Slade
Settler

Local Time: 02:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Request city... diplomacy problem
Anyone ever request a city during diplomacy? In a game I'm playing, I paid the French 25000 gold for a city that was infiltrating my territory. It wasn't a particularly remarkable city, but I wanted it nonetheless. However, after the French accepted my proposal, they took my 25K but didn't give me the city... what gives?

Anybody have this kind of problem? Any ideas on how to fix it, without taking it by force?
Old May 30, 2001, 01:35   #2
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 13:28
Just another thing to be added to the yet large CtP 2 bug list. For me it did work nice, when I tried to trade cities.
Old May 30, 2001, 02:09   #3
Big Jim Slade
Settler

I saw another note in the Diplomacy mod, about a bug regarding trading tech for gold. Most likely the two are related, and of course they're not fixed in the patch...

Hopefully the folks at Firaxis will actually complete CivIII before they release it. Seems to be a god awful trend among game companies--not finishing the game before sending it out.

I remember the good old days of DOS and DOS games... boy I long for those days again. Only ever had big noticable problems with one game, published by EA (go figure).
Old May 30, 2001, 06:52   #4
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 11:28
I got best results swapping cities. Demand a city, then offer one of your cities, preferably one that is just about to starve to death, or one that has loads of your troops (or 3rd party's) outside it, and about to capture it back. The AI will accept the trade, and you end up with a better city.
Old May 30, 2001, 16:04   #5
The Evans
Settler

Local Time: 10:28
I just threaten for cities . If that dosn't work, I offer something small, THEN threaten. Then I either leave it, or kill them, like I said.
Oh, and honestly, what bugs? The only one bug I have found is the "OK we will withdraw from your country" but then they don't. I found that installing mods caused more porblems (Diplomod- No file was found called... and so on)

:0
Old May 30, 2001, 18:42   #6
Big Jim Slade
Settler

Aside from some serious crashes on my roomates computer during LAN games, this is the only bug I have found, but I haven't been playing much yet. I like the game, so far, until these bugs surface maybe...

Also, you guys are warmongers... ruthless! I want to maintain my peace with the French at the moment, and you guys are all about war. Anyway, maybe I can try offering something other than gold, hmm?
Old May 30, 2001, 18:49   #7
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 11:28
Quote:
The only one bug I have found is the "OK we will withdraw from your country" but then they don't.
Get Dale's withdraw script, it should eb included in diplomod 3.4, and the medmod also.

As for warmongering, its tempting because it is just soooo easy, the AI can't cope with war, and its almost impossible to lose a war. Having a bad reputation or being hated doesn't matter because the ai sucks.
Old May 30, 2001, 23:40   #8
me_irate
Warlord

Local Time: 05:28
i had a simular thing happen to me, but it wasn't a bug but stupidity. I clicked ask for city whatever it was, and then clicked on offer gold and put in amount. but i forgot to hit next between them. and i gave them money instead.