Old May 30, 2001, 08:21   #1
deity
DiploGamesCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 22:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
History of the World 2 (Part Three)
* tongue well and truely in cheek *

Well, I gotta say Sir Francis Drake's site totally sux!

The pg hasn't been updated since 840AD, I think, and we are at 1090AD!

Here it is for those deprived of this vital statistic

Not that it has anything to do with who's leading or the fact that Drake thinks he will catch up in the next session... he he

My math says he can't

But if he does, I'm sure we'll see a pg at the site

BTW For the unfamiliar:
Nap Bonaparte = Capo (NOT Nappy)
Keti = Drako
Sun= Sun
Imam = GNGSpam = Chris = Manatauh
Prom = Prom (not the Mike one)
Paul Keating = moi = deity (GO AUSSIES!!!)
East = East

Last edited by deity; May 30, 2001 at 17:19.
Old May 30, 2001, 08:33   #2
drake
King

Local Time: 06:28
LOL! Like the PG has any standing on the game! I'll post your shot right after I post this ok deityweity?

Talk all you want, but I think everyone knows that the axis powers are the big fish in this pond

Oh and Deity, tell your people in Broken Hill that theyre gonna actually have to research their own techs soon
Old May 30, 2001, 11:20   #3
Capo di tutti Capi
DiploGames
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:28
Well this is a good tradition, a new person makes the thread for each uh... thread.

Yeah.

Deity you could have chosen a better icon to regail this thread than a frikin' thumbs down... couldn't cha?

Anyway man, we are running into a few situations here, first and foremost the Israeli situation. Sekong, who is a HOTW vet, has pretty much said he can't play and in the event that he does he would only be able to make a 7 - 10pm EST session, which I'm sure is okay if we think about it, but not preffered by our group.

Meanwhile Mr. Easthaven has yet to show, so who knows what's going on there. I suggest we start to look for a sub for East in case something terrible happened.

So anyway once we find a final roster we'll be in pretty good shape, a lot of things are being put into motion by all parties in this game and it looks like its going to get really hot really soon, so it would be a shame for something unfortunant to happen here. Anyway that's the update.

As always, peace.
Old May 30, 2001, 11:34   #4
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 20:28
I cant beleive you guys have made this last as long as you have , again well done to all , except Drake who thinks i am jsut a Spammer

I always wanted an Aussie version of this type of game, but unfortunalty the majority of aussies not so interested in the Role playing side of things....

Keep up the good work guys, but i Must admit I am rooting for the Aussies to win !!!!
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old May 30, 2001, 11:45   #5
drake
King

Ok, looks like Rasputin will probably be subbing for either Mongolia (if they don't show) or Israel for our game tommorow. He can't play on a permanent basis, but atleast we'll be covered for this week.

HOTW is moving forward! We just got to keep it that way and god willing, we're gonna finish this epic tale
Old May 30, 2001, 11:48   #6
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

If I do play , can some one please email me the latest alliance structure, who loves who ETC !!!!
Old May 30, 2001, 11:58   #7
drake
King

Ah, the hell with email, I'll just lay it out here.........

The Axis Alliance:
---------------------
Zulu Nation (me)
Mali (Chris/GNGspam)
China (Prometheus)

The Pacific Pact Alliance:
------------------------------
Mongolia (Easthaven)
Australia (Deity)
Israel (OPEN)

Wilcard/ Un-affiliated:
---------------------------
Adriatic League (Capo)

Obviously all allies are very friendly with each other.
There is no war between the two great alliances at the moment and relations seem to be normal- all trading has been open.

AL has transformed from bad boy to good boy in previous years as the pressures of war with aussies/mongols became too much to bear.

No big tension right now as the power balance of the world seems to be in hand....but that could change shortly.....who knows what will happen
Old May 30, 2001, 12:02   #8
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

especially with a wild card entry

The Great RAZ !!!!!!
Old May 30, 2001, 13:50   #9
Capo di tutti Capi
DiploGames
Chieftain

Alright, this is the third thread for this game, and what I want to do is give a short update as to what has been going on throughout the HOTW game. Keep in mind this is from an Adriatic Perspective so it could be biased, but I'll try to keep a general storyline running....

The first real conflicts arose in Egypt as Mali and Israeli settlers poured into the fertile Nile. Tensions mounted near the city of Bethlehem with a slight chance of war between the African states of Mali and Zulu and the Israeli state. Israel sued for help from the Adriatic League who spoke of coming in to resolve the conflict. Eventually cooler heads prevailed and the Israelites made an agreement with the Africans that they would only settle the northern basin of the Nile, and nothing further into Africa.

It was also around this time that the Mongolian hordes surrounded the small Chinese kingdom and basically gained near-total control over all of Asia. An alliance between the Mongols and Chinese was soon formed, the Australians later joined which lead to the creation of the Pacific Pact.

The Adriatic League, who was now expanding into central Asia (around Khazakstan and the Steppe) feared that a powerful Asian alliance could stop their peaceful expansion and called on the "Western World" to bind together in a similar fashion. Israel agreed, but the Africans declined. The Mediterranean Pact was comprised of Israel and the Adriatic League.

Soon the colonial period began, with the Zulus and Australians getting quick footholds in South America, and the Mali establishing a colony in North America. The Pacific Pact suggested that China gain a sizeable portion of North America to make up for their lack of territory in Asia, which began the first conflicts between East and West...

The very first war the world had ever experienced was a small and isolated conflict in the Mississippi basin. The Mali and Adriatic League argued over what their territorial claims comprised of and in reaction to some arguments about it, an Adriatic Warship sunk a Mali Warship outside the city of Santiago (now known as Sydneyago). Before a land campaign could ensue Adriatic and Mali officials signed a treaty which lineated Adriatic and Mali holdings in North America (NALT agreement) as well as an agreement concerning the seas, which was called the FAWT (Free Atlantic Waters Treaty) which would indirectly lead to the first World War...

Similar agreements were made in South America between the Zulus and Australians around this time concerning land in that area, as well as a general agreement by the rest of the world that the Chinese should have a sizeable portion of North America (despite Adriatic and some Mali complaints). A disagreement over who owned central America was never assailed between the Adriatics and Australians. The Adriatic League quickly took over central America as well as Mexico, Cuba, the Bahamas, Florida, Louisiana and parts of Texas despite Australian claims to all of these areas, this would not help keep world peace.

Soon after these incidents an Australian ship was spotted by Mali troops in the Mediterranean sea, which would connote that Israel had violated the terms of the FAWT agreement by allowing a foreign vessel into the Mediterranean without Mali and Adriatic approval. The Australians then asked the Mali to keep the ship's position a secret from Adriatic forces, who discovered the ship just south of Greece soon thereafter. After warning the ship three times to exit, an Adriatic-Made Mali Warship sunk the Australian ship which began the first World War.

The Australians quickly seized Santiago and renamed it Sydneyago and began sinking and bribing away Mali and Adriatic ships in the Caribbean. The war then calmed down a bit as the Mali made peace with Australia, but in exchange the Chinese left the Pacific Pact and allied with the Mali. It was soon after this that the Adriatic League assaulted all Mongolian border forces in Asia and the Americas and defeated them quite quickly. A blitz against Mongolia came through the Tibetan mountains towards Kabul. The point of the Adriatic invasion of Mongolia was to help their ally Israel capture India, however the Israelites showed their true colors by turning against the Adriatic League and joining the Pacific Pact in the war against them. Adriatic-Israeli fighting ensued near Novokazalisnk with Adriatic forces routing Israeli troops in that area.

With Adriatic troops split in the Caucuses, Afghanistan and Tibet the Mongols took a heavy offensive against encroaching Adriatic forces, some of which where bribed towards the Mongol cause against the Adriatic "Imperialists." The Australians also struck the Adriatics from Panama and the Yucatan penninsula, destroying two Adriatic colonies and making their way towards Mexico.

With defeat a very real outcome, the Adriatic League attempted peace with the Pacific Pact, but their leader Australia denied any peace. The Adriatics went to the Mali for help. The Prometheus City Accords (named for a Chinese city in North America) were then established to make peace between the warring Adriatic League and Pacific Pact. With the Mali chairing the discussion peace agreements were established between them, the Australians were now allowed to keep Panama and the Yucatan, and a DMZ was established along the Mongolian-Adriatic border.

Soon after this the Zulu Nation was added to the Chinese-Mali alliance, which was later named the Axis. It was at this point that every nation in the world changed to Democracy except for the Chinese, who remained in their ancient Monarchy. Napoleon Bonaparte, new Adriatic President, is now attempting to make better relations with the nations his country had given a hard time to....

The Axis has officially declared Israel a rogue state...

Australia has asked the world to give cities to Israel to help them grow bigger, much like they did way back when with China...

And that is where we are now, who knows what will occur next in the ongoing saga that is the History of the World!
Old May 31, 2001, 15:40   #10
Capo di tutti Capi
DiploGames
Chieftain

The update on this game...
Alright well here is what is going on tonight. Apparently Chris can't play due to private matters, so that means we lose another. So the only confirmed players for tonight are...

Capo of the Adriatics
Deity of the Australians
Drake of the Zulu

We have two secured subs in Slowwhand and Rasputin, but we are unsure where they will be set.

Which means we have a total of 5/7 confirmed to play tonight, Easthaven is still MIA from last week, and Prometheus has yet to tell us he'll be around.

So hopefully those two show up and we'll have a full group. If not Israel will go AI, but if you are reading this and you can play please let it be known ASAP, we are really desperate for some players and don't think this game should fail.

Thanks for the help, peace.
Old May 31, 2001, 17:04   #11
deity
Emperor

Lowang (Big Lewi) said he'll be around at start time to pick up a civ if necesary. He or Raz would be highly appropriate for Mongolia and Israel as my strong allies
Old May 31, 2001, 17:20   #12
drake
King

Tentative evening roster:

zulu- me
al- capo
aussies- deity
china - prometheus
mali- slowwhand
israel and mongolia- split between lowang and ras (barring east's arrival)

Hope this works out for the best....I'm going home, see you guys in a few hours.
Old May 31, 2001, 19:05   #13
deity
Emperor

As I see it now:

Zulu - Drake
AL - Capo
Aussies - deity
China - Prometheus
Mali- slowwhand
israel - Raz
Mongolia- EASTHAVEN!

Lowang may be here as a back up.

Ming, can you change the thread logo to a thumbs up please?
Old May 31, 2001, 19:20   #14
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

New leader
NEWS FLASH ......

In a major breaking news story today, it appears there has been some sort of bloodless coup in Jerusalem. the old controlling regime has been thrown out as the people demand to know why their nation is regarded as a "rogue nation" by its neighbours. The previus corrupt regimes for thousands of years have held back the development of the Isreali people and they demand answers. Our contact in Jerusalem reports that a new leader has been appointed , this new leader has taken the title THE Great RAZ !!

From Jerusalem , the news is that all Citys (excpet Jerusalem)have been renamed to remove reference to the preveious corrupt Leaders and the citys have been given the name of the local indigenous tribes. This has brought much happiness to the people as they embrace mulitculturism.

As tensions in the world were a little tense, TheGreat Raz announced a new defence spending budget increase to update the Isreali tired old armys to more modern ones. also as part of their desire to spread multiculturism across all lands the Great Raz embarked on a mass Transportation budget increase , and all this was done while decreasing lux tax on the wealthy and maintaining the populace in a state of ecstacy.

EXTRA NEWS FLASH ....

Breaking news seems to indicate some sort of conflict brweing with AL to the north, apparaently some stray Israeli unit wandered into DMZ and whilst this occured all forms of Communication with the Israeli friends the AL broke down, tensions rose dramtically, till The Great Raz finally got control of his leader of the army General Abraham , who promptly withdrew the offending unit. Howevr during this tense time to the south the Mali took advantage of these tensions and made a claim for Israeli land in North Africa. Whillst the whole world knows tha tthe city of Egypt had been located in that position since about 3000BC Israel found it hard to get supporters for their cause as the Malis claime dall Africa as their continet (forgetting of course that they share it with Zulu too). Whilst the Mali didnt ask for the Israeli city of Egypt , they did lay claiim to the Herds of Buffalo that the Israel love to make Buffalo burgers from. This herd of buffalo hard been overseen by a regiment of the Israeli army since the founding of Egypt and it was this army that prevented the new city of Mali "Benghazi " capturing the Herd and eating them. As tensions continued to mount with the world eager to avoid another world wide incident , especially one over Buffalos, thew Mali and Jewish people refused to compromise.

The Great Raz has called upon the mali leader to sign an agreement of curent borders to prevet any military action.
The world waits upon the outcome, for the sake of our sons and daughters lets hope common sense prevails

Last edited by Rasputin; June 1, 2001 at 00:25.
Old June 1, 2001, 04:02   #15
deity
Emperor

he he

I don't have much to say!

Been like that for 3 sessions. The new kid on the block thinks he can overtake!

Wish I didn't have to be so spotless though...
Old June 1, 2001, 10:44   #16
drake
King

General Molefi Keti paced back and forth in his war room thinking.....

Skopje (Greenland) had fallen to the norsemen of the icy seas of the north just years ago and already those Aussies have attacked and captured it! An attack force was being planned to dispatch them retchid reds, but it appears that the Australians have done all the work for us already! Well certainly the return of Skopje can be arranged as the Aussies are a most fair country. They surely understand that Greenland is under the Zulu Nations juristiction, don't they? Hmm, but what should the reward be? Cash? Units? Science? I suppose I will have to have a one on one with Keating and see what is proper compensation............anyway, I'm not worried, I'm sure things can be worked out.

Well my plans for modernizing the military has gone rather smoothly hasn't it? With the building of the Theatre in Tanzania, we will have a virtual army machine and practically be able to blanket our entire east coast with units from this city alone. No freakin' unhappiness in that city any more.......Yes yes yes, Africa will soon be an impregenable fortress, I'm quite sure of that. However Shakeems Reserve in South America is a bit of a different story isn't it? There is still a whole lot of work to be done there. The military is adequate, but the infastructure is quite poor. That damn jungle is just so hard to tame. Wish those freakin' workers werent so expensive to feed..........

My scientists are doing amazing things I've gotta say. We have learned the art of terraforming the earth to our whims and we will soon have a way to store food without spoil. Yes, the Zulus are on their way.........I just can't help but be paranoid though. The Pacific Pact is not as strong as the Axis yet, but they are still quite a powerful force and growing all the time. That new little firecracker of a leader from the scumbag Isrealis is stirring things up in Egypt and I can't help but think that they are trying to entice the Axis into declaring war on them which would inevidably bring in the big guns........I know we're very powerful, but I don't think we're quite ready for a war of that scale..........

Well in any case, it's good to be African and know that I live on the most glorious continent on this fair earth. Our infastructure here on this continent is un-rivaled by any nation and our trading routes have treated us very well. I have to also remember to remind Keating that I will soon have another ship full of traders coming to Australia soon. Those smelly, smokey cities of his demand coal to burn for power and we have the goods. Though we hate to contribute to the worlds pollution, we still have to make a living somehow.....God the upkeep costs on our city buildings is just painful.......

It's good to hear that Rashi Kali has finally retired. From what I heard, he found a nice Asian woman to care for him in his old age, somewhere in China. His legend will live forever and he will certainly be missed.

Hmm..I wonder what's for dinner......hopefully zebra...yes that sounds good.......hell, I'm the president, and that's what I'm going to have........

Keti walked out of the War Room towards the kitchen............
Old June 1, 2001, 10:49   #17
drake
King

Hey Pro, BTW, you need to dissolve that alliance with the aussies. You can't be a part of both groups...........

Thanks for bringing that to light deity
Old June 1, 2001, 15:18   #18
Capo di tutti Capi
DiploGames
Chieftain

The Election of 1190...

With the passing of our beloved President Napoleon Bonaparte, we now must elect our next President of the Adriatic League. As Bonaparte's top minister, Antonin Rossi will serve as interim President until one of the candidates are elected.

The candidates are as follows....

GIUSEPPE MAZZINI - (Dove, Italia) By far the most active Member of Parliament during the early Republic and later Democracy. Mazzini is the leader of the Dove party in Parliament and supported the Adriatic invasion of Scandinavia. Mazzini believes that peace must be attained by the Adriatic League and a small yet potent military is the key to foreign advancement. He supports scientific development and trade over infrastructure and military.

NAPOLEON BONAPARTE II - (Hawk, Italia) The contraversial son of President Napoleon Bonaparte. Although the ulterior of his father in all political ideals, his personality and arrogance is nearly the same as his late father Napoleon Bonaparte. He became the Mayor of Venice and later the Governor of Italy. He is very conservative and supports the reinstatement of a ceremonial monarch, as he is the husband of Contessa Emanuele, daughter of Vittorio Emanuele. Bonaparte supports a large military and development of infrastructure and public works rather than trade.

The following is a transcript of the debate between these two men, moderated by Antonin Rossi...

A. Rossi: The first issue is the status of Israel, formally they are considered a rogue nation by the Axis Alliance, and there is pending legislation to do the same here in the AL, we shall begin with Member of Parliament, the honorable Giuseppe Mazzini on this issue.

G. Mazzini: Thank you Minister Rossi. It is common knowledge that the people of the Adriatic League have no love lost with the Israeli state. This is very understandable, however we musn't hold an ancient grudge with a nation of their stature. Certainly they were under the reigns of a terrible despot, who wanted nothing more than more territory and greed. We musn't punish the entire nation for the decision of one mad man. The new leader of Israel, the Great Raz, had shown that their nation is capable of conducting themeslves in a manner befitting a proper nation. We must give them another chance.

N. Bonaparte II: While I agree, forgiveness is what counts in this world, I must contend with MP Mazzini on a few points. The first is that Isreal betrayed our people, and betrayed our trust, their actions lead to the deaths of thousands upon thousands of Adriatic soldiers who were acting in the name of Israel, for the greatness that was once Israel. To simply forgive them because of outright fear of war is ludicrous. I say no-

G. Mazzini: Fear of war? It is not fear of war that drives me to this decision.

N. Bonaparte II: I believe I was in mid-sentence, perhaps the honorable Mazzini has a short fuse? As I was saying, I say no to any type of forgiveness until Israel has given us a reason to trust them again. They should pay retribution to us, for betraying us. But Israel won't do that, because Israel feels no remorse for their terrible actions, they feel no remorse for the blood they spilled on both sides of the conflict. If wealth and power is more important to this state than the lives of those brave soldiers, I say let them revel in their secondary status!

A. Rossi: Thank you governor Bonaparte, Mr. Mazzini. Another pressing issue is the argument between infrastructure and trade. Many nations of the world have asked that the AL open more trade, and at the same time many have asked the AL to develop better trade routes through infrastructure plans, how will this change under your presidency?

N. Bonaparte II: I believe we must develop infrastructure before we get involved in any trade markets. Especially foreign markets. If the AL is to become a trading state we must start at home, we must begin trading at home and developing flowing revenue, while at the same time establishing infrastructure to not only help trade, but in troop deployment as well. For such an old and regal nation we remain an underdeveloped nation as well. We must crawl before we walk as a nation.

G. Mazzini: I disagree with the governor on that issue. There is no need to crawl before we walk. Time is of the essence. Last time I checked we are the only neutral nation in the world, this may mean we have less to fear from invasion or any other incursion involving global politics, but it means we also have no allies to help us. We have no time to crawl, we must develop the best that we can as fast as we can. If we are going to sit back and stay to ourselves we will fall behind in the global stage, we have already fallen behind, the time does not call for crawling or even walking, it calls for running. Full speed ahead! As for the infrastructure and trade debate. Clearly both can be accomplished, but it would require that we lower Military production. Most people believe this is unwise, however with the boost in military technology we recieved we now have potent forces. We have infantry armed to the teeth with firearms, we now have cannons capable of crushing heavily fortified city walls in an instant, ships covered in armor and with the Draft imposed by President Bonaparte, able men at a moments notice. I believe a slight decrease in military production could free up enough space for both infrastructure and trade.

A. Rossi: Thank you gentlemen for answering those questions, good luck on both of your campaigns. May the best man win...
Old June 1, 2001, 17:36   #19
Capo di tutti Capi
DiploGames
Chieftain

December 20th, 1090 a.d., eight miles south-west of Oslo...
"And you don't have to reload?" asked Corporal Mussolini as he looked over his new firearm.

"Aye, these are not Zulu weaponry like our old muskets, they are Adriatic order. Rifles they're called. You don't have to reload after every shot, but there is a lever you pull call-" replied the under officer Manuel Leon.

"I understand" said Mussolini as he cocked the rifle and pointed it at a nearby tree, he did not fire but feigned aim "Quite wonderful, no?" he asked Commander DiNapoli.

"Quite splendid" nodded the commander as he smiled, this war has just taken a much larger overtone Bonaparte, it seems the Norse have defeated the odds in Skopje, we can't stand to lose this battle now, if we do we will be utterly embarrassed."

"Like the Zulu have been." commented Mussolini.

"No, worse, they are thousands of miles from their homes, they are Africans, they are not an arctic people. This is our backyard, this is much more embarrassing." said Commander DiNapoli, he surveyed the camp, it seemed to be working like clockwork.

"Aye Commander, shall you depart soon?" asked Benito as he lowered the musket and turned to face his Commander.

"Yes... I have great faith in you to lead these men to victory Benito. There have been times where I was utterly dissapointed, but you have proven you have the potential to become an apt leader." he placed his hand on Benito's shoulder "You are destined to glory Mussolini, know that, and the day shall be yours..."

That night was cold as a the camp was blanketed in dense snowfall. Benito stared out of his window in the center barrack of camp, there were sillhouettes of soldiers seen making rounds near the top of the stockade, small lanterns flickered in the other barracks. Horses nayed and clopped around in their stables, Benito slowly sipped his coffee...

"Whaterya gonna do Benny?" asked private Sean Delaney, his longtime friend.

"Huh?" asked Benito as he turned to face him, Manuel Leon and Giuseppe Pedretti, Benito's underofficers stood there looking over a map as Sean cleaned his rifle.

"I mean c'mon Benny, we don't have no damn military training! How do ya expect to win tomorrow?" asked Sean.

"Well, our men are trained, and I have strict orders as to what to do, I believe we will be perfectly fine Sean." said the Corporal as he sat in the chair accross from his friend.

"Oh bah! We are a rag tag bunch of crooks n' bastards Benny! You think we can beat them? I know they're Norse but come now!" said Sean as he turned his head towards the window "Its freezin out there. Most of us are greasy wops anyway! How are we gun' march through that ****e?"

"We'll be fine Sean, I promise...."

Pedro and Heider stood guard over the southern wall of the fortress, Fort Contessa named after King Vittorio Emanuele's daughter, who also happened to be married to President Bonaparte's son. They were both in their mid twenties, no children, Pedro was born an orphan in Lisbon. Heider was a pick pocket in Amsterdam for quite some time, he was originally from Berlin, until he was arrested after attempting to pick pocket an MP.

"Christ its cold!" exclaimed Pedro as he clutched his shoulders "How can you Krauts deal with this?"

"Hah hah" chuckled the German "We have our ways. This is a fruitless endevour, there are no Norse here. They won't come, half their f*ckin' army is accross the drink in Greenland killin Africans anyway." said Heider as he pulled out a cigarette and lit it on a nearby lantern.

"Well, its too god damned cold for anyone, Norse or otherwise to be poking around in this weather." said Pedro as he lifted his rifle... "You hear that?"

"What?" asked Heider as he puffed his cigarette and exhaled "A Portugese pissin' himself?" he laughed to himself.

"Shh!" said Pedro as he held his hand up to Heider's face "Nothing... no birds or anything, silence."

"So, its f*ckin dark, and its cold, animals hate that too." said Heider as he lifted up his rifle.

Pedro attempted to peer deeply into the forest but saw nothing, a loud 'swoosh' was heared and a thud, he turned around to Heider who was also looking around.

"You hear that?" asked Pedro.

"Sounded like a damned arrow... sh*t, should we alert the others?" Heider said.

"Yeah yeah, oh damn..." said Pedro.

"What?"

"Your cigarette!" just then another loud woosh was heared and a thud, Heider fell down onto the boards, Pedro quickly fell to one knee and put his hand at the base of the arrow.

"F*ck, f*ckin Norse!" said Heider "Right in my damn side!"

"Stop moving, I have to pull it through." said Pedro as he lifted Heider onto his side, just then more loud wooshes were heard, they both looked up to see streaks of lights fly by and hit the tops of buildlings... they were fire arrows....

"Christ!" yelled Pedro as he fired obliviously into the forest "They're here!"

"Pedro, ugh, get down" said Heider "They'll see you-" he was too late, Pedro took two shots to the chest and fell from the plank to the cold snow covered ground... Heider inched towards the side of the plank and yelled "NORSE! NORSE! THEY'RE HERE!"

He was too late, men were already rushing from the barracks, half dressed, some with no shoes. They were carrying rifles with them attempting to climb up the ladders to the top of the stockade....

"What the hell is going on?!?!" asked Corporal Mussolini as he burst from his barrack.

"****e Benny, they're here, I tol' ya the Norse would be here soon" said Sean as he loaded his rifle.

"No you- argh! Men to your stations, I want the first through fifth division on the southern wa-" just then a large crash was heared, a bright light burst cascading the entire camp. Benito quickly turned to see what had caused this "Holy sh*t!......"
Old June 1, 2001, 21:23   #20
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Secret Meeting!!
"but how can you even think to allow them swine to take away of our Herds" shouted old Elisha the Buffalo Herder, "We have famred them for centuries and our whole Empire survives now on the Big Buff Burger, our walk thru restaurants are doing a thriving trade and last year our company gave the largest contribution to your boss's re election campaign."

"i know , i know" said the much calmer voice of Ali Ben-Abraham, the Great Raz's chief advisor.
"your contribution is much appreciated by the Great Raz and we hope your son is now enjoying his role as Amabasader to Australia. But the Great Raz is concerned that the Mali may take military action which may cause the deaths of many Israeli people"

"but to give it away would cause our company to lose millions!!! We cant allow this, if you allow this to occur we will move our whole enterprise to back the opposition party , and you knwo what that means for your Re election hopes."

"Settle down Elisha, you cant be serious with that threat? You know the opposition are still controlled by the Evil Sun Tzu Dynasty and that would mean a return to all their despotic ways!!"

" Oh very serious Ali, you make sure the Great raz knows that. He must make a stand for the sake of Israel!!"

"Elisha my friend, we will do what we can, but with an election due this year, you cant withdraw your support! We need the Great Raz to continue as our leader, look how far we have come in such a short time, we now have Railway lines taking our Products to our Trading partners, and more doors are opening every day to increase this. Our annual income per head is the highest in the whole known world. This has been a remarkable turn around, even you must be enjoying the extra benifits associated with this? "

"Yes yes you are right , my familys wealth has increased dramitcally under the Great Raz's financial control of our nation, but all could be undone with the simple concession of our Herds to the Mali"

"As i Said my friend we are doing all we can, but we both have sons in the Israeli army and so therfore surely we both wish no war to start"

"The Mali are too cowardly to start a war, call their bluff!!"

"No no . The Mali ar every strong and have even more powerful Allies in the Zulus. We couldnt possibly win a war against those two, and by the time our allies arrive to help we may no longer exist as a nation"

"but I hear General Abraham had strong words to say to the Mali, that his words may have been incited the situation even more so, werent his words backed by the Great Raz.?"

"Unfortuantly no, its not the first time that General Abraham has taken us close to war, remember the wandering Plattoon to our north that upset our friends the Adriatic League in the DMZ?"

"Yes I heard they got lost"

"Well that was the official story we released, but the reality is that they were sent there on direct orders of General Abraham. the Great Raz is planning his removal as soon aspossible, but cant do so till after the election as the General has many supporters who he may take with him to the opposition. General Abraham, apparantly has becoem some sort of Religious nutter and has complete faith that his god "Yahwah" will intervene and reduce the Mali and the AL to ashes!!"

"The foolish religous people will drive us to absurditys"

"Yes we know, but again we cant expose him as there are many in our country supporting this new religion, I would personally smash all the temples if I had my way, but the Great Raz says that to do so would invoke mass Rioting so better not to.If we keep the people happy there are more productive"

"Yes I hav eseen this myslef, in my own Sweat shops there has been great revival and they have formed Synagogues to praise this "Yahwah" but I let it be as afterwards they come back and work twice as hard"

"Yes it concerns me that the great Raz doesnt feel the full power of this Religous push, I hear many a rumour that the people want to go back to the basics , the Fundamental issues so to speak. These Fundamentalists are strong in both the opposition and our own party, but very strong within the ranks of the army. we must beware and not give the army provacation to take power. This is another reason not to inflame the Mali as a war would necessarily mean more power to the army and General Abraham might push for political as well as Miltary control"

"ahh I see your point now my friend, but be aware. My priority is my famliy fortune!! So we wil ldo what we have to do"

"Yes my friends, and the Great Raz's prioirty is to develop the Jewish nation, and He will do what he has to do!!!! "
Old June 1, 2001, 22:20   #21
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Another Secret meeting at another Secret location
"General its good to see you again, how goes things?"

General Abraham shook the hand of his trusted friend and lord and then smiled. " Things go very well. Although our attempts at war with the AL have turned sour due to the Great Raz reacting to oquickly, the Mali are sure to attack soon. As soon as they do , my legions have been given orders to take power immediatly by marching on the Senate. We wil lhave absolute power over all of Israel and will be able to enforce Gods will upon all people."

"Good , good" said the mysterious man, " The Great Raz really threw a spanner in the works with his rise to power, but fortunatly your great armieshave stayed loyal to our cause. When we finally achieve power again we will remove all trace of this 'Democracy' thing from amongst us, the people are not ready ,nor wil lthey ever be to appoint their own leader. We will take the authority so vested in us by 'Yahwah' and lead the people back to a place of power."

General Abraham nodded "Yes, praise Yahwah for your ability to plan and decieve our enemies within our state. Soon our enemies outside our state, those nations who currently reside in lands deemed Jewish by our great God and Lord shall taste the wrath of Yahwah. He has sharpened our ploughshears into swords and we are ready to fight for his honour"

The mysterious mans eyes gleamed with pleasure, " All shall soon be exsposed , but make sure no one learns of our plans General, we cant allow another setback to hold back the will of God."

"Yes the first order for my troops shal be to place the head of that infidel Raz onto a silver platter and present to you my lord."

"oh sweet revenge!!"

The general raised his glass of wine into the air and proposed a toast " To the new age of Enlightenment"

"hear! Hear! " joined his lord.
Old June 2, 2001, 02:02   #22
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

OOC
just as a suggestion, could we get the first post of each new thread (this being the third) to include links to the previous threads to make it easier to follow the whole History Thanks

Also, for the web page http://www.geocities.com/history_of_the_world/CAST.html would it be possible to add the years each session (week) of the game covered eg Week 1 4000BC to 3000BC (or whatever it really was). obviously some one may not rember, but is their a saved game collection anywhere for end of each session ??

Last edited by Rasputin; June 2, 2001 at 02:09.
Old June 2, 2001, 02:29   #23
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Yet another Secret meeting, another secret place
"oh Razzie your so wonderful.... mmmmmmm"

OOPs wrong meeting !!!

Meanwhile

".. and so you see thats why the Mali crossed the road "
Roars of laughter ....

"How many Mali does it take to change a light a bulb...."

Hmmm still wrong meeting

Finally , inside the Great Raz's chambers

"... as you can clearly see, my plans are coming into fruition nicely.", stated President Raz to his party faithful. " I am very glad that we chose to build railroads across to our neighbours to increase our trade. The dividends ar epaying off nicely. The average income has more than doubled under our Administration. "
Loud cheers !!!
"But now we face the next challenge, my time as President has come to an end"
Loud boos!!
"Yes its sad I know, but all good things must come to an end. and whilst I will enjoy my retirement and the lovely Mansion you have built for me in the Solomon Islands with all that wonderful scenery thrown in, it is with some regret I leave this position. But I wont leave you totally uncared for, I propose that the Governor of the Eastern colonies , Major General Razter, my grandson, become my successor."
Cheers !!
"Yes you all know young Razzie , and how he has transformed the Eastern colonies from their previous desert scarred wastelands to furtile farms. It is time for our party to put our trust and devotion into him... I present toyou, Razter, the next President of Israel !!!"
Loud cheers , standing ovation !!!!
Razter steps upto the podium , gives his old Grandad a hug and waves at the crowd
"Settle down everyone .... " He waits for quiet before continuing " I stand here before you today a young man with big dreams, dreams for a greater Israel, a drastically different Israel than what our forebears left us, many of you were taught of the wanderings thorugh the desert in the years of 'Dimbly the not so great' and his descendants through 6 generations who failed to exapnd our population and develop control over our promised land and allowed our neighbours to colonise the furtile lands around us. And then came the time of the Sun TZU dynasty. and we all know of the great war and the treachery wrought with the Betrayal of our friends the Adriatic League, which all true Jews regret to this day. and then cam that great day that seemed so long ago now , when inspired by the freedom of Democracy, this party got the people together and under the Great leadership of my Grandfather Raz the Great, the peoples President, took our country into heightened economics performances and brought us closer to our new allies the Pacific Pact."
Loud cheers !!!!
"However, it is as I said with regret that our previous friendship with the AL was broken by deep treachury, even though the leadership of the AL turned Evil and wrought war across this world, they were still our allies. and it is with this in mind. that part of my mandate upon Election as your President, is that I will establish a working party to discuss ways of bringing our two nations closer together , whilst still being true to our current Allies. For although as I said their is deep regret and sorrow for the passing of the previous alliance, we must not repeat history with a breaking of our current alliance that would leave us with more enemies than friends. For we shall never again break an alliance whilst our allies remain committed to that alliance. But I, as president of Israel, will not allow our former friends from the North to be forever our enemy. We shall forge a new partnership between our two Nations , begiining with open trade, and then ulitmatley to return of Friendship and trust, with the removal of all DMZs as they would no longer be needed."
Extra loud cheers...
"This is what I , Razter, your party leader, and president nominee, promise to you, my dearest and closest friends...
Long live the Israeli Empire!!!"

"LONG LIVE THE ISRAELI EMPIRE !!!!"."LONG LIVE THE ISRAELI EMPIRE !!!!"."LONG LIVE THE ISRAELI EMPIRE !!!!"."LONG LIVE THE ISRAELI EMPIRE !!!!"

"Hush again..... my friends!!"
"Our first goal is to win this current election and all polls show we are way behind so we have lots o f ground to make up !!!"

"RAZZIE. RAZZIE . RAZZIE . RAZZIE!!!!"

Meanwhile ....
".... oh Razzie , yes do it , yes yes yes RAZZIE !!!!"

OOPs Wrong meeting again
Old June 2, 2001, 03:32   #24
deity
Emperor

OOC

Major General Razter! Buff Burgers!

Wow, what a great addition Raz has been to this game, eh?

With Capo and Raz I don't need to do any other reading now
This book is far more interesting....

Well done.

Now I gotta write something.....
Old June 2, 2001, 04:01   #25
deity
Emperor

1190AD

Paul seemed anxious.

Manning was drinking too much.

Saul was annoyingly like himself, Paul.

"Oh God, where is my Lord?"

"Paul, I hear you" replied his deity.

"DEITY!"

"Even though you cannot see me I am here Paul. I'm pleased with much of your performance both militarily and economically but you do not see the danger!"

"Danger, oh you mean the Zulus?"

"No Paul, I mean Manning!"

"Manning? That drunken fool I adorned with a medal?"

"Yes, kill him, Paul, you are just looking at the big picture but your biggest danger is right here!"

After much quizzical discussion Paul realised that Manning WAS a danger and must go... Paul doesn't muck around either. His Lord was never wrong and as Manning entered his room he invited him in for a drink, something Manning would never refuse.

A little discussion ensued - light trivial stuff about the Zulus fortressing Africa! LOL, they were in stitches! Keti is paranoid and he's actually fortifying his whole East coast! LOL. LMAO! And we captured a Barbarian city in Greenland which he thinks is HIS! LOL. he he, what a joke... What do get when you mix a black Zulu with an icy Greenlander? A green Zulu!!! HA HA! And they are too, oh dear and to think we considered befriending them once upon a time!

Manning was getting drunker and Paul finally got an orderly to take him away.

NEWSFLASH 1192 AD Jan 23rd
Captain Manning, as he was known, was found today in his bed after having taken a fatal dose of a new medicine called yahwah.
Everyone is warned that yahwah and alcohol don't mix!....

----

That night Paul slept easy.. he dreamt of Zulu fortresses and how best to assault them. The ANZAC legend was yet to be born but the seed was in the id of Paul's mind. Technology was paramount. Must have ships that can assault land forts before delivering the body blow......

He awoke in a fit... oh dear. They all laughed at my plan to get all nations to cede cities to the poor Israelis but The Great Raz is their new Messiah along with his line of descendants, Major General Razter. I'll show them. I'll get those cities for Israel. Just need to get the Mali to make a mistake...
Israel could easily get those cities with AL support!
Yes, I hear that TGR is cleverly structuring his foreign affairs with our former enemy. But we all know the real enemy is the Mali. TGR identified this very quickly.

Knock knock.... Paul was jolted out of his post wakeup day dream.....

Last edited by deity; June 2, 2001 at 09:00.
Old June 2, 2001, 16:28   #26
Prometheus
Warlord

Local Time: 04:28
On board the Chinese Destroyer, the Nanking:

Xin could feel the tension in the room, not only was the conference room aboard the Nanking too small for the large contingent of communist leaders there but most of them had never met and didn’t trust each other.

Rising to speak all the eyes in the room centered on him “We are now three leagues away from the newly renamed city of Soviet Council, this city will be the core of what will soon be the Chinese Communist Nation. Already all governmental ties are being centralized there and soon a new Capitol will emerge that will have the capability to control over the vastness of the Chinese Empire. Each of you has been chosen for your skills and loyalty to the Communist party. The Chairman has sent each of you your assignments and has made it clear to me that it would be in each of your best interests to report directly to him with any problems or successes that arise. Now pack your personal belongings we will be docking soon.”

With that the room emptied and Xin laughed, who knew it would be so easy, who knew King Prometheus would support a switch to Communism, who knew Chairman Mao would agree to let Prometheus stay on as the figure head of the government and foreign affairs. This was something that he liked very much, as the head of the Communist head of Foreign Affairs a popular image such as Prometheus would be very useful in gaining not only personal power but a useful tool as well.

Returning to his recent reports he shook his head as he read the reports on the “Buffalo Crisis”.

“Only in a democracy” he muttered as he went back to planning the rise of the Communist State only taking time to laugh, smile and think to himself “God save the King”.

1190 NEWS

SILK ROAD/COMPANY NATIONALIZED
Canton – The Silk Company was nationalized this week as thousands of workers have protested unfair treatment and poor wages. Following suit the construction of the Silk Road was quickly nationalized by the military due to its strategic importance it will become allowing transportation from Beijing to the Mali city in Cairo in a week. This move is considered a victory by the Communist Party, which has long campaigned on behalf of the workers.

KING PROMETHEUS TAKES GOODWILL TRIP TO MALI/ADRIATIC CITIES
Prometheus City- On a trip to Cairo King Prometheus is expected to discuss with Mali representatives the latest tension between Israel and the Mali and the future of relations with the Pacific Pact. Also King Prometheus is expected to travel to the Adriatic city of Mantucci to hopefully improve the relations between the Adriatic Democracy and the Chinese Empire. King Prometheus is also expected to spend time enjoying the local beaches.

OCC:
I am leaving for Florida this afternoon, will be back in time for the Game on Thursday so no need to find me a sub just wont be around until then.
Old June 3, 2001, 03:28   #27
Capo di tutti Capi
DiploGames
Chieftain

OOC - i am drunk as **** but coming down, i typed a god damned post about the ****in battle outside of olso but the stupid apolyton eight minute auto-log out rule ruined it! I guess I gotta type it again later or something anyway here is my post...

Adriatic Foreign Ministry
United Adriatic States
Adriatic League
Honorable Antonin Rossi

TO: Various foreign attaches, embassies, ministers and Consuls.

FROM: The Honorable Antonin Rossi, Adriatic Foreign Minister.

The newly elected Dove President Giuseppe Mazzini has decided to make many changes in Adriatic Foreign Policy. The world is changing, the role of the Adriatic League must change with it, and under the new President this will become a reality.

President Mazzini suggests the creation of an international body, a legislature if you will, to determine equity and fairness in all foreign interactivity. This body shall be deemed the United Nations.

The purpose of this memorandum is to inform the various nations of the world that the Adriatic League would not only like to gain your support for this historic endevour, but would like for each of you to support the Adriatic construction of this monument. For your part the Adriatic League will offer 200 gold so you wouldn't have to spend money to establish officers to grace the United Nations general assembly, but at the same time promising that you will not "interfere" with the Adriatic construction of said entity.

Therefore the Adriatic League asks each individual nation of this planet; the Mali Nation-State, the Zulu Nation, the Australian Democratic Union, the Mongolian Republic, the Republic of Israel and the Kingdom of China to cede all rights of construction of any variation or form of "United Nations" to the United Adriatic States. The base investment from the Adriatic side will be 200 gold, but President Mazzini is willing to discuss changes to this forfeiture.

Please make haste in contacting the Adriatic Foreign Ministry as soon as possible, no matter which answer your nations deems appropriate.

Thank you.

A. Rossi

This document signed into effect and officialized by the Adriatic Parliament and the Adriatic President, Mr. Giuseppe Mazzini.
Old June 3, 2001, 05:49   #28
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

".. Generla Manning is dead??? I dont beleive it" wailed General Abraham.
"Sir its true". said Corporal Noah "Our secret service have just slipped this note to me from sources inside the Australain Government"
"But how boy, how?" Abraham Cried
"Well the official story is some sort of mix up in his medication, but our source reveals a more sinister plot."
"What! They killed him you mean? " and he broke down and cried .
"Sir you must control yourself. Yes the word is that PResident Paul had hime removed beofre he became more of a threat"
"But how did he find out, who leaked our plans to President Paul? Manning was friend, my very close friend"
"yes sir I know, remember it was me that found the two of you together after that big Aussue celebration last year."
"Shhhh dont you tell anyone else!!"
"Never sir, your true love is my secret forever"
"OH Manning, my friend . my lover, how wil lwe complete our plans without you!!!!" with that he wailed off into his private quarters.

"So Corporal, it would seem our enemies are moving agaisnt us"
said the mysterious man in the shadows.

"Yes my lord, it is as you say, President Paul was doomed to lose the Presidency and Manning would have become our greatest ally in removing THe Great Raz and that young upstart Razter.., but now what my lord?"

"ahhh never fear my young apprentice, for all will soon be revealed, but it is becoming more obviosu we must remove Mannings lover just as Manning was remoived. Abraham is becomiing aliabilty to us.... How does General Noah sound to you ??"

"Your will be done my lord as always"

With that he dpearted and left the old man alone to himself.

"They may think they have beaten me again ," he whispered to no one at all " but this is not the end . it is jsut a new beginning, I wil lhave my revenge, !!!!!"
Old June 3, 2001, 16:21   #29
Capo di tutti Capi
DiploGames
Chieftain

(The five part finale to the Benito Mussolini story will continue next week...)
"My god, I can't believe it!" exclaimed Antonin Rossi, Adriatic foreign minister as he looked over the latest edition of the Bosporus Bugel "General Manning is dead!"

"Wow, from what? He was relatively young!" replied the President Giuseppe Mazzini.

"I'm not sure, some sort of mixup with his medication, food poisoning some intricate explaination, quite odd. You know he was the leading Hawk candidate to oppose Paul Keating... you don't suppose?"

"Pah! Tony, you think far too much. I suppose we should send a letter of condolensces to the Australians." said Giuseppe with a sigh.

"Everything's changing Giuseppe, everything. The entire world is going to hell. Its quite different now." said Antonin.

"Yes, have you heard the latest? Napoleon Junior is going to run again next election, he's gained support from the Medici family." said the President.

"Are you serious? The Medici?" asked Antonin as he looked to his president quite astonished.

"Mmhmm." said the President as he sipped his tea "His wife is Contessa Emanuele, a quite fetching lady I must say, but you do realize I can't particularly enjoy the Medici attempting to get their beaks wet again. Its quite distressing, especially with the recent changes in international politics."

"Oh yes, I have scheduled a meeting with King Prometheus of China as well as a meeting with Razter of Israel, the new President. Both are important if we are improving our reputation in international politics." said Antonin.

"And what of my United Nations proposal?"

"No word from anyone, we have spoken lightly with the Axis on the subject however."

"Prognosis?"

"I'm optimistic, but one can never know."

"Look at this," said the President as he held up the Bugel again "Benito Mussolini! Christ, I don't know why the Hawks are putting so much stock in Bonaparte, he's a traitor to his father and his work if you ask me, but this kid Mussolini. He's going to be a problem for the party in the future, if he keeps this up the very near future." he handed the paper to Rossi who eyed it quickly and threw it down on the table.

"Don't worry about him, he's a former criminal. He is nothing, war hero, the boy that stopped the massacre of Lisboa! That's nothing. He couldn't stand toe to toe with you in a debate, there are only so many labor strikes one can stop... hell, his entire voting base is split between Socialists and Communists, he really doesn't even have the support of the Hawks. He's just a poster boy for the damn newspapers."

"Regardless, the people love him, they adore him. Its quite ridiculous, Bonaparte loved him. The founder of the Dove party, Napoleon f*cking Bonaparte, loved this kid. He doesn't seem partisan, people like that, they are sick of this political garbage.. when Bonaparte tries to woo the Medici, when I try to woo the merchants, everything will look shallow to the people. And here is this little peice of Mediterranean garbage, this perfect Adriatic, staring innocently at them... he can win Antonin, don't sell innocence short, its quite the commodity..."
Old June 4, 2001, 09:15   #30
drake
King

Letter sent to President Keating..........
Dear President Keating,

I have recieved word that you have liberated our city of Skopje in recent years. We appreciate your army dispatching the red menace that has killed so many of our men. With your victory you have effectively disbanded the Norse and their barbaric organization and for this the Zulu thank you.

The matter that is raised of course is that Skopje is a Zulu built and Zulu owned city. It is an important strategic location for us in the North (our only as a matter of fact) and we would like it's safe return as soon as possible. For your services we are ready to reward you and your army. I have no formal offer on the table Keating, as I am not exactly sure what your country is in most need of at this time. I propose that we barter for the return of our city as soon as we can first meet. You have an open invitation to stay at our Capitol for these meetings, or if you prefer, a place of your naming. The Zulu have much to offer president.

Getting off topic, we have gathered 3 bands of traders from across Africa and they are going to depart for Australia very soon to trade their goods. I will get you more specific city locations very soon so your merchants can prepare for them. May luck and prosperity be with you and your country. We hope to hear from you soon.

President Keti
Zulu Nation