Old May 31, 2001, 00:09   #1
connorkimbro
Emperor

Local Time: 04:30
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hey you nay-sayers! (number of civs)
Stop your damn complaining and *****ing!

As I and others pointed out, none of you knew a damn thing about the game hardly, and you were complaining and complaing about various things, ie "waaaaaaahhhhh, only 7 civs!" and know that news actually comes out, it turns out there's 16! So hopfully you learn to stop your damn complaining and whining.

Offer constructive critisim if you must (on things that you KNOW about), but god damn, i bet kleenex sold a TON of tissues to you guys the past few weeks!

-theonion.com
Old May 31, 2001, 06:08   #2
Sean
Prince

Local Time: 10:30
I agree with you Conner. There is generally too much complaining, when by all accounts an unprecendented amount of new stuff is going to be in the game!!
Old May 31, 2001, 06:17   #3
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 11:30
You have misread what the concerns were. The early reviews (all we have to go on) have quoted 16 playable civs of which 7/8 can take part in a single game. That is a low enough limit to cause problems for scenario builders and is a valid reason to discuss it. By addressing it NOW, before Firaxis have officially stated that any particular limit is now fixed in stone, we have a chance to influence their decision making processes. Most posters have tried very hard to make constructive arguements to support their position too.

If there is anything less constructive than complaining, it must be untargetted complaining about people complaining. To keep doing so, especially by starting new posts instead of replying to the ones which you have a problem with is dangerously close to trolling. Please stop. If there are posts you dislike, reply directly to them.
Old May 31, 2001, 06:33   #4
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 06:30
I really hope there will be a higher per game limit of 7 or 8 civs. I mean, come on? 7 or 8 civs? Aren't we past that now?
Old May 31, 2001, 06:45   #5
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 12:30
excuse me connor, when exactly did firaxis say that there are 16 civs in a game?
Old May 31, 2001, 07:00   #6
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Ahh connor, stop whining about or whining! It is whiners like you that whine about other people's whining that make it so hard for rest of us to whine about more important issues than whining!
"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
"That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world
Old May 31, 2001, 08:08   #7
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Ditto Stefu

We are the consumer, the people who want to play the game. If someone only wants 7 civs in a game, fine, they can choose the option. If some of us have the hardware and desire to have 15 civs in the game, we should have 15 civs. It makes sense. And it would make for a good, interesting game
Old May 31, 2001, 09:45   #8
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefu
Ahh connor, stop whining about or whining! It is whiners like you that whine about other people's whining that make it so hard for rest of us to whine about more important issues than whining!
LOL

All together now: It's my game and I'll whine if I want to, whine if I want to, whine if I want to, you would whine too if it it happened to you
Old May 31, 2001, 14:04   #9
TechWins
King

Local Time: 03:30
Connor you really don't know what you're talking about. People were complaining about being only able to play with 7/8 civs not the number of available civs (16). Firaxis has not stated that there will be an option for 16 civs in a game. They have only stated there will be 16 civs to choose from. Before you start going off about this and that get your facts straight.
Old May 31, 2001, 14:38   #10
Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Provost Harrison
Ditto Stefu

We are the consumer, the people who want to play the game. If someone only wants 7 civs in a game, fine, they can choose the option. If some of us have the hardware and desire to have 15 civs in the game, we should have 15 civs. It makes sense. And it would make for a good, interesting game
that doesn't even come close to connor's point... he's complaining about complainers that complain without knowing any facts... what you mean is complaining about known facts, not just assumptions... there is indeed a difference, otherwise he wouldn't have opened this.
Old June 1, 2001, 00:31   #11
connorkimbro
Emperor

Local Time: 04:30
Quote:
he's complaining about complainers that complain without knowing any facts...
Yes, exactly. Anyway, didn't one of those reviews that came out the other day say there would be 16 civ's? I recal that it did. Even if it didn't though, no matter, my point stands, that you shouldn't complain that a game is bad before the game even comes out.

And Grumbold, i've already posted my thoughts on this before in those threads that did this. But i wanted to start a new thread based on the new, more positive news that has been coming out in the past few days. I wasn't trolling. If I was trolling, you'd know it, because Stefu would sing the troll song.

Quote:
Civilization III will feature sixteen civilizations and five distinct cultures.
(quoted from one of the recent articles)

OK OK! So perhaps i misread it in a hurry. So i look like an ass!! But my point holds, you're complaining about a game that hasn't been released yet. You don't KNOW if the game is gonna be good or not with the number of civs included. More doesn't always mean better.

-theonion.com

Last edited by connorkimbro; June 1, 2001 at 00:37.
Old June 1, 2001, 04:50   #12
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

we also dont KNOW if we're going to be alive when civ3 comes out but this doesnt say much, does it?
and people complained about the supposed(as presented in several reviews) choice of the designers to limit the game at 8 civs. besides, it was after the complaints that firaxis came out and said that that was not the case. and after that, i think you saw it yourself that everyone calmed down and is on "on hold" mode....
Old June 1, 2001, 08:02   #13
Zealot
King

If there are going to be only 7/8 civs in a game, then it must be because Firaxis hasn't fix the problem of Computer trading their science among them.

Heck, I just want Portugal to be in it!!!!
Old June 1, 2001, 08:32   #14
Jarouik
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefu
Sort of reminds me of the Monty Python sketch that had letters written by people that complained about all the people who wrote letters to complain, as well as letters that complained about the people who complained about complainers, etc... This thread is getting funny, although I think it originally wasn't meant to