Old May 31, 2001, 19:52   #1
Eternal
King

Local Time: 05:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
partisans Question
1. About how much of a bonus does the partisan spot give a unit against immobile units?

2. Does anyone have a map showing NATO and Warsaw Pact airbases in Western/Central Europe (Netherlands, Belgium, East France, Germany, West Czechoslovakia and Poland, Denmark, South Norway) area?
Old June 1, 2001, 07:41   #2
Gothmog
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 06:31
1. I don't believe that the movement allowance of a defender makes any difference to the attack bonus of a partisan. There is a significant but unquantified attack bonus for partisans against units with a zero attack rating i.e. settler types. Maybe that's what you meant by your question?
Old June 2, 2001, 01:39   #3
Eternal
King

Local Time: 05:31
Yes that is what I meant. Now how much is that amount? By playing Second Front it seems about x3.

I have another question:

3) Are there any good bridge units out there? Ideally there would be one for each of the 4 directions - | / \
Old June 2, 2001, 01:50   #4
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 20:31
Quote:
Originally posted by Eternal
Are there any good bridge units out there? Ideally there would be one for each of the 4 directions - | / \
There's a scenario about Operation 'Allied Force' which includes bridges in every direction.
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old June 5, 2001, 07:48   #5
Gothmog
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 06:31
Quote:
Originally posted by Eternal
Yes that is what I meant. Now how much is that amount? By playing Second Front it seems about x3.
| / \
It has been suggested in the General Forum that partisans have a firepower of 10 when attacking zero attack rated units. The original poster of that idea said that was a guess, so I put it to the test the other day by setting up some engineers to be attacked by partisans and some fanatics that I redefined to have a fp=10. I used fanatics because they have the same 4,4 attack and defense ratings. The results were similar, so that must be right. In either case they wiped out the engineers taking only slight damage occasionally themselves.