Old June 7, 2000, 05:47   #1
catullus
Warlord

Local Time: 00:36
Local Date: October 31, 2010
occ bloodlust
I got this idea after my last occ (finally I'm getting the hang of it). While a no-city bloodlust generally will be impossible unless you all are on one big continent, the occ bloodlust should be a nice twist.
Rules: Just like occ, but Alpha Centauri is forbidden for human player. Bloodlust toggle could be set (optionally).
Winning: Total conquest (extermination) before AD 2020 without ever holding more than one city.

Any takers for the challenge?

It would be a very diplo/spy-intensive game, blowing walls and poisoning water supplies to wear down cities.

See http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum3/HTML/001188.html
Vik has already played around with something like this.

Also, have a glance at my nice powergraph for global conquest after AC in occ: http://www.geocities.com/stigha/occ.gif

C.
Old June 7, 2000, 05:58   #2
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 23:36
Local Date: October 30, 2010
I like the power graph!! - Nice idea, but personally I'm about five challenges behind already....

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
Old June 7, 2000, 06:52   #3
DaveV
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 19:36
I actually started one of these games a month or so ago, but didn't finish because I've been busy with other games. I think it would actually be easier than the normal OCC, though, because you can take a more agressive stance versus the AI (bribe their units and keep them busy).

The big problem is dealing with big AI cities. I see several means of dealing with them:

1. Poison them down to size 1, sabotage city walls, and kill a defender (this is what I planned to do). This won't work if the AI has Great Wall.

2. Tear down the walls, then kill defenders until the city is undefended. If the undefended city is larger than size 1, wait for the AIs to build a new defender, then kill that one. If you're really lucky, another AI or the barbs will take out the city while it's undefended. Another trick would be to give the AI a unit to serve as a defender.

3. Occupy all the food squares and starve the city. This won't work well against coastal cities.

4. Nuke 'em.
Old June 7, 2000, 07:54   #4
vik
Prince

Well, I would recommend playing on a small map for obvious reasons. If the reasons arene't obvious, try doing this on a medium or large map.

I would also recommend not restarting eliminated civs.

For strategy, I think you would need to smack down as many AI civs as you can find as soon as possible. Once an AI civ gets 6-8 cities, you are facing quite a task. If all six of the other AI civs are allowed to expand to 6-8 cities, your task will be nearly impossible until you get Armor units before they get Alpine Troops.
Old June 7, 2000, 07:56   #5
Oldman
Prince

Come on Scouse, Keep up!!!!! you should spend more time playing Civ and less time out in Liverpool chasing the young ladies!!!!
Old June 7, 2000, 09:03   #6
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Shhhhhh, Oldman - If my lady (the Petrina of Carthage you have already met in Spindle World) hears that I'm chasing skirt rather than marking damn Final Year Projects she will have my nuts for breakfast.
Seriously - with luck I should be out from under sometime next week - so look out!

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
Old June 7, 2000, 10:08   #7
Oldman
Prince

Ha ha, so who will you be out from under from next week? ha ha!!!!! Maybe you'll have caught up by the time i get back from my holiday?!?!

So when did i meet your ladie? spindle world? you've lost me!!?!?!?