Old June 1, 2001, 15:36   #1
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 06:33
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Am I doing well?
Its 1700 BC. World Map. I'm the Greeks. I have a silk-pheasant-fish-whale SSC. It has the Colossus. I have Monarchy Pottery and Trade, as well as some military techs I started with. (4 starting techs). I have 10 techs, with an eleventh coming next turn. (Writing.) I have 3 Elephant, 2 Chariot, 3 Archers, and 3 Horsemen exploring. I have 14 cities.

How good is the 14 cities in 1700 BC? Is this a lot? I especially want to hear from famous ICSers. Also, how good is the rest of my game?

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005
Old June 2, 2001, 01:07   #2
Rufus T. Firefly
King

Well, I don't use ICS, and I'm impressed. Are you playing at Deity? How are you keeping them happy?

One bit of advice: unless it's on a river, mine the pheasant and get a bufallo. You'll lose 1 food (2 until you irrigate), but gain trade (with a road) and an extra shield.

Anyway, nicely done.
Old June 2, 2001, 18:52   #3
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
How are you keeping them happy?
I'm not

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005
Old June 3, 2001, 22:56   #4
Bohlen
Prince

Local Time: 05:33
Sounds like you're kicking butt. Now keep those citizens in line so you can bash some heads! Let us know how it turns out.
Old June 4, 2001, 05:42   #5
Laertes
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 10:33
I like to expand fast, but not as much as ICS. Hopefully, now that you have a lot (a lot!) of cities, you can devote a couple more to wonder building, and at least a couple to caravan building.

If I was in your position, I would be researching towards Astronomy, and already building a temple and then a wonder in the SSC, which you can convert to Copernicus when you get the Science. You are also going to need Hanging Gardens, if you are playing at Deity, and if you have another good production city, have a go for Sun Tzu.

Looks like a great start - check out the demographics for your population, and try and get overseas and contact some other civs for trade and maps, and some science swapping.