Old May 25, 2000, 19:38   #1
vee4473
King

Local Time: 18:37
Local Date: October 30, 2010
A New Challenge
I hope this hasn't been proposed before...

How about trying a game, on whatever level you like, without any terrain improvements by settlers or engineers?

This would, of course, put you at a disadvantage against the computer unless you knew how to keep the comp. from improving.

But, in a multiplay game where everyone agrees, it could be an interesting twist.

And agaist a computer opponent or opponents that DO improve, it represents a great challenge indeed.

And it could be real fun to see different countries start to go to all out war over a prized area because of it's natural resources so they could get ahead...

anyway, just thought i'd throw it out there.(if it hasn't been thrown out already)
Old May 25, 2000, 23:10   #2
Black Bart

sounds interesting. But guys like me who can't lose to an AI will just ICS his way to victory. Seems the only way to combat low pop cities.

Old May 31, 2000, 18:16   #3
vee4473
King

Local Time: 18:37
Wow, I had no idea that my game idea would create such a firestorm of responses....

heh heh

I hope I didn't bog down the servers at Apolyton...

Old May 31, 2000, 18:19   #4
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 15:37
many times in MP, terrain improvements take a back seat to expansion and only special squares and the odd other square will be improved until later in the game.... once engineers are in place though, it goes hog wild

------------------
Improvements and wonders are just big bullseyes for the conqueror.... and i like to think of myself as Robin Hood
Old June 11, 2000, 02:17   #5
KhanMan
Prince

Local Time: 23:37
Also, with challenges like Nomads (you can never build a city), OCC (only one city), and conquer-world-before-3950 BC out there, this seems a bit easy...

Besides, why not just use Sun Tzu's and knights to slaughter everything? We don't need no ----------- irrigations!

-KhanMan, the Mountaineering Sayen semi-Beaver