Old June 2, 2001, 17:04   #1
Dom Pedro II
King

Local Time: 10:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
So what about customibility?
Well, all of this stuff may have been covered recently, but I haven't been around for a few months now, so fill me in...

I've seen all of these new-fangled graphics... and the trade system (ah, the sweet smell of victory! )... and leaders and all the rest of it. It all looks quite promising, but will it all be customizable for us scenario fiends? Will civ names, character names, resources, improvements, units, graphics etc. all be editable to some degree?

I haven't seen any mention of customibility on the website, so I was wondering if you guys knew?

And while, I'm running on like this, what other sorts of scenario improvements will there be in terms of events?

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...
Old June 2, 2001, 17:22   #2
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Local Time: 12:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
You will be able to costomize both Civs and units, but they will (probably) not be as good as the one included.

Quote:
http://www.firaxis.com/civ3/asktheteam_011901.cfm
Yes, you will absolutely be able to create your own units! With regards to unit customization, we're committed to the scenario/mod community, and we realize that the ability to create diverse, interesting scenarios is one of the major reasons for Civilization II's enduring popularity. To that end, we'll be developing extensive tools for scenario and mod creators to use which will allow them to create whatever they can think of. Flexibility is the order of the day.

There has also been some concern that because we are showing animated units on the website, scenario creators will be forced to learn 3D animation programs in order to create units; we can safely say that's not the case. Scenario authors who want to create and use animated units will certainly be able to, but those who wish to use Civ II style single-frame units will be able to do so.