Old June 10, 2000, 02:58   #1
Hawkx9
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:37
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Beware... I have spilt the blood of the innocent!
Howdy, ya'll.
Up until tonite, my strategy has been one of the perfectionist. But, tonite... muhahaha...
Okay, maybe it's late (almost 3am) and I'm exaggerating a litte. For a change of pace, I FORCED myself to switch to conquorer after hitting democracy. I built the SOL and switched to communism immediately. Up until that point, I had built a nice, thriving, 8-city Republic with a SSC and its substituents. In prep for the switch, I made sure to construct Sun Tzu and built a respectable array of units, mostly comprised of vet knights. (Thanks to those from whom I read that strat! I love those damn things: great offensive punch, can hold their own on defense, and superior blitzkrieg ability with the 2 mov't. I'm a convert.) Made the commie switch and rumbled over the entire Mongol empire in less than ten turns using their roads against them as funnels of destruction, gaining steam with every city taken. They were no match for the speed and bute force of the veteran, advanced units.
Well, it's a lame story, repeated a thousand times over during every civ-er's storytime, but it's one I'm excited to tell. I thought I'd gotten all there was to get from this fantasic game, but I was sorely mistaken. My eyes are just now opening to the strategic possibilities of this game. Long live Civ!

Okay... I'm done.

Peace
[This message has been edited by Hawkx9 (edited June 10, 2000).]
Old June 10, 2000, 04:20   #2
Andz83

what do you mean with "SSC and its substituents" ?

Old June 10, 2000, 11:22   #3
Hawkx9
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:37
By "SSC and substituents," I'm referring to my Super Science City (which happens to be my captial) and its supporting cities (the other seven) who churn out caravans, settlers, or whatever other units I may need at the time.

------------------
Peace
Old June 10, 2000, 11:53   #4
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 18:37
Welcome to the world of vet knights. Sure, you may lose a few, but who cares!

Rock on!
Old June 12, 2000, 11:05   #5
Steve Clark
King

Local Time: 17:37
Welcome to the world of clobbering civs!

I'm not sure if I read that right, but why would you have vet knights? You mentioned having SoL, by that time you should have better units than knights (I think). That is why I advocated deciding early on whether to go to conquerer, for there you would get SunTzu and Leo and just head up the Warrior Code and Horseback lines. By doing that, you would have vet knights very early and then vet dragoons going up against enemy crusaders and catapults. And by the time they get musks, you would have vet riflemen and cavalry.