Old June 4, 2001, 02:54   #1
markusf
King

Local Time: 10:36
Local Date: October 31, 2010
3000 Science 3000 Gold by 1000ad with 19 cities
6 months ago, me and arrii had a few games where we raced to see who could get to AC the fastest. We played on identical land masses. The rules where simple. No ai, no interaction with any other civs what so ever and no wonders and no huts. In the save i put online i had 3000 gold and science at 1020ad This amounted to 1.5 techs/turn. Having had 6 months to get better i am positive this could be improved to having all techs and launching pre 1000ad.(improvement of about 8 or 10 turns i think)

Here is a link to the thread i put the saves and challenge on.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=20217
Old June 5, 2001, 00:44   #2
StrategicKing2
Chieftain

Someone needs to get a life..
This theoritically stuff is fun to talk about, but as soon as i get railroad and explosives, you better have a huge navy because even at 1 move, I will take so many of your citys with unlimited movement over open terrign it will make your head spin.
And , personally, I dont care if you research it or I do.
Its much different doing trade routes when someone capable is trying to kill you.
Dont get me wrong, they have there place, but the key to modern day civ is picking your spots for trade routes.
Old June 5, 2001, 00:55   #3
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 20:36
interesting, would love to see a turn by turn saved game to learn how to d o it mylsef
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old June 5, 2001, 08:36   #4
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Local Time: 05:36
yada****ingyada. No interaction with any other civ.
What a yawner this was.
Doesn't even count as a civ game.
Old June 5, 2001, 08:49   #5
drake
King

Local Time: 06:36
I agree with sloww...........running up useless numbers for a useless game is well....useless.....
Old June 5, 2001, 14:44   #6
markusf
King

Strat give up with you useless talk, you have never managed to finish a game in your life, let alone get to railroads, as you always quit at the first sign of losing.

As for these being "useless" numbers i do it nearly every single game, or damn close to it. In those large 5-7 player game, my science or tax output is as high as everyones combined between 400 -1100 ad. after that its about 2-3 players combined.

As for someone coming and taking over my civ good luck, In all the civ mp games(3+ players) i have EVER played i have Never *lost* a single war after 1000 bc. Its simple math, if i am making 3 times as much money as you are i am going to kick your ass. And if you don't believe i can defend, why don't you ask about the time carnide attacked me with 20 some cavelry in one turn. I had a pikemen, conscript and a musketeer defending in a grassland river city. I didn't lose a single unit, he lost everything and yes it was turn based.
Old June 5, 2001, 21:58   #7
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 20:36
Damn when ar eyou guys going to run tutorials for us pathetic players !!!!
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old June 6, 2001, 11:34   #8
StrategicKing2
Chieftain

Better get your information straight next time before you flap your gums markus. I currently have explosives and railroad in a the tribe game with tuethas. Your still dreaming if you think that this strategy will work, all I here is this set up a scnerio and inflate the numbers.
Want a set up result. The other day brave and i did a trade route strategy in which I had only 12 citys by 2200 bc but markets and banks in each. Was 2 turns from navigation, had a wonder constructed, another on the way about 15 caravans on the board and producing 200 gold a turn plus about 400 a turn from caravans. brave was just there to learn and really did not trade with me. You can imagine how much further we will be after some more practice.
Executing this in the real game is where it gets tough.
Old June 6, 2001, 11:38   #9
SunTzu
Prince

I've got an idea, how about you all play games by yourself to show your beloved strategies, markusf i like your strategy, you should send saved games of your strategy (every turn) to Thunderfall to put up on the site for civers to download to find out how to do you strategy.
Old June 6, 2001, 11:52   #10
Eyes_Of_Night
King

Local Time: 05:36
Oh, wait a minute here, are you issuing another challenge strat? It kind of sounds that way to me and I'm pretty sure you backed down from the last one you issued. Why don't you shut your mouth before I give you a taste of the secret EyesOfNight recipe for shutting up newbies.
Old June 6, 2001, 11:52   #11
markusf
King

Quote:
Want a set up result. The other day brave and i did a trade route strategy in which I had only 12 citys by 2200 bc but markets and banks in each. Was 2 turns from navigation, had a wonder constructed, another on the way about 15 caravans on the board and producing 200 gold a turn plus about 400 a turn from caravans.
Already done that in team games and tribe games. Me and eyes played a few test games against bezerker and someone else. we both had 20 cities by 2200 bc, 5-6 wonders. We had invention, and navigation. For all i care you can scream it doesn't work until i wipe you off the map. The only way you even stand a small chance is on 2x. because it allows weak players to compete. That is of course assuming you don't quit at the first sign of losing. Or "disconnect" and not come back.
Old June 7, 2001, 17:17   #12
StrategicKing2
Chieftain

Ha. Where to begin...
1) Eyes, i was not the one who backed down, i made the offer and it was rejected.
2) Markus, you have nothing that I dont know about, i understand the mathmatically principles of trade and on a large board I could out build anyone. And I never play small map games, there stupid.
3) NEVER call me a newbie eyes you over inflated egotistical cheating fathead.