Old June 4, 2001, 17:56   #1
SNeznayka
Settler

Local Time: 10:37
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Building a wonder in just 1 turn -- CTP2 multiplayer BUG
How would you like to build wonders in same city every turn? How would you like to amass an army of 100 tanks with just 10 cities in only 10 turns? Now you can, as we uncover the latest and most damaging CTPII bug. To use this bug in multiplayer and see for yourself, go here to get details on how to do it:

http://www.geocities.com/skavenclan/bug.html

As you see, producing anything in 1 turn renders the competitive aspect of the game useless.

We, the {]S[}Skaven{]S[} hope you all will voice your complaints to Activision and make them reverse their decision not to support the game any longer. What we got is a Lemon -- and we expect Activision to devote some resources toward correcting their errors.

Respectfully yours,

-- Commander Neznayka of the {]S[}Skaven{]S[}

P.S. When one buys a game, all advertised factors play a role in making a purchase decision. And when multiplayer isnt playable and scenarios crash, I cannot and will not buy the Activision statement that CTPII is primarily a single player game. They did not state that in the past, and they have no knowledge of reasons why people bought the product. You provide what you advertise and claim, and anything else is unacceptable.

http://www.skaven.allhere.com
Old June 4, 2001, 18:25   #2
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

Yeah! another one!
And why would Activision come back to a game that they have lost money on to fix it? They already have one of the worst reputations in the gaming community whats wrong with making it a small bit worse?

Dont you think this should go in the multiplayer section since it's a bug that can only happen in a multiplayer game.
Old June 5, 2001, 12:48   #3
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 11:37
This is the multiplayer section
But no-one here plays MP I think, and almost all M-Players are {]Skaven[}.

Incidentally, do the {]Skaven[} have a link in the ACS P&L directory? (apolyton links page). I might be nice if that became a centre of CTP2MP, because Apolyton's more of a creation and succession centre now.
Old June 6, 2001, 13:14   #4
SNeznayka
Settler

On the contrary, the {]Skaven[} are only one of many clans in CTP2 MP. Furthermore, most MP players are independent, and many belong to the GameLeague (gameleague.megaultra.com). In short, there is a rather large CTP2 MP gaming community that has been cheated by Activision.
I apologise if my post was out of topic for this forum. Perhaps removing the "multiplaying" portion of the forum title might spare us all some confusion.

-- Commander Neznayka of the {]Skaven[}
www.skaven.allhere.com

http://www.skaven.allhere.com
Old June 8, 2001, 20:30   #5
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

Oh wooh is me *walks away with head in hands muttering "too much, tooo much"*
I forgot about that. but hey who doesn't make mistakes? Except for Sid Meier. Well maybe his golf game is a bad idea but maybe not a mistake a such...
Old June 12, 2001, 02:55   #6
ACOLKitty
Prince

Local Time: 03:37
Location: Triangle of Death Founding Member and Ambassador to Polytubbie land.
Quote:
Originally posted by Darkknight
Oh wooh is me *walks away with head in hands muttering "too much, tooo much"*
I forgot about that. but hey who doesn't make mistakes? Except for Sid Meier. Well maybe his golf game is a bad idea but maybe not a mistake a such...
He hired Reynold too.

"ok, fine.
from now on, i can refer to this thread whenever someone mentions acol as a place of freedom where you can post whatever you want and where noone is banned...."
--MarkG

and by MikeH
she's only illegal because of your ridiculous age of consent ages.
Old June 20, 2001, 22:37   #7
Swissy
Civilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMRise of Nations MultiplayerIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerBtS Tri-League

Local Time: 05:37
Take a look at this about the RUSH BUG .