Local Time: 04:39
Local Date: October 31, 2010
You can find anything you want,
at Mercators' restaurant....
(with apologies to Arlo Guthrie)

http://apolyton.net/cgi-bin/links/jump.cgi?ID=66
Old June 5, 2001, 16:33   #2
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 05:39
Map Request...
I'm looking for a map of Indonesia. I would like it to include the southern part of the Malaysian Peninsula, New Guinea and only a slight piece of northern Australia. 1-does a map like this exist and 2- if not will anyone make it? I have an idea for a scenario I'm working on and since I'm nice I'll give two hints: Exeter and Doorman. Mwahahahahaa!!

Any help would be appreciated!
Old June 5, 2001, 16:36   #3
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 20:39
Re: Map Request...
Yes, the map you're after exists. Have a look at mercators site at: http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~jvermeir/ci.../maps/asia.htm or failing that, the Apolyton database has some maps of Indonesia.

Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC
I have an idea for a scenario I'm working on and since I'm nice I'll give two hints: Exeter and Doorman. Mwahahahahaa!!
So, you're making a scenario about the Japanese conquest of the Dutch East Indies
Don't forget the HMAS Perth and USS Houston
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old June 5, 2001, 16:50   #4
Grothgar
Prince

Local Time: 10:39
Can i tack on annother map request. A map of iran and the surrounding area. Southern Russia, Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan. Any help would be appreciated

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old June 5, 2001, 19:16   #5
The ANZAC
King

Case: Why would I forget the Houston and Perth? Also I'm going to have ABDA command with Admiral Doorman and the DeRuyter. The human player is the Allies and the objective is to prevent the Japanese from reaching the oilfields long enough so they can be destroyed. In the end you'll definitely lose and not stop the tide of Japan, but you'll have satisfaction in knowing they will be inshortage of oil by 1943 and out of it by 1944. Also, thanks for the maps and does anyone have a picture or description of the DeRuyter and Perth classes? I have the Houston and Exeter classes but not those. Thanks again
Old June 5, 2001, 20:03   #6
Case
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC
does anyone have a picture or description of the DeRuyter and Perth classes?
The Royal Australian Navy's webpage has the Perth's specifications and history. Go to http://www.defence.gov.au/navy/ and follow the links to RAN & Ship History, then pick the Perth from the alphabetical list
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
Old June 6, 2001, 05:35   #7
Mercator
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 12:39
Quote:
Originally posted by techumseh
You can find anything you want,
at Mercators' restaurant....
(with apologies to Arlo Guthrie)

http://apolyton.net/cgi-bin/links/jump.cgi?ID=66
Wow ... someone other than me promoting my site! Oh, and who is Arlo Guthrie? Someone I should know about?

By the way, I´m always looking for more maps...
Old June 7, 2001, 10:19   #8
Marquis de Sodaq
King

What size map do you want? Long ago, I made a medium-sized map of the area you describe, but with all of New Guinea and north into Thailand. PM me if you'd like me to e-mail it to you. If nothing else, it might be a good base for your own edits.

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.
Old June 7, 2001, 22:16   #9
The ANZAC
King

Marquis could you send me the map at theanzacnac.net ? Thanks!
Old June 9, 2001, 12:12   #10
The ANZAC
King

Bump!!
*Bump* I still need a picture and/or better descriptions for the Perth and DeRuyter class cruisers could someone please help? Or else you don't get to see my scenario ABDA Squadron
Old June 9, 2001, 14:22   #11
Mercator
Emperor

Local Time: 12:39
Hmm, seems I was a little misled by the forum´s timezone-delay bug (or whatever it was that made tecumseh´s post end up first), explaining my overenthusiastic post .

I can´t be of any help for you, though, ANZAC.

Oh, and by the way, could you perhaps send me your map too, Marquis, so I can eventually add it to my website?
Old June 9, 2001, 15:59   #12
Marquis de Sodaq
King

Sure, I'll send the file out. Again, it is a medium sized map.

Mercator, I've tinkered with your map edit program. I ran out of time with my trial PSP software, so only got halfway thru making a series of gigantic maps. I'll send you the bitmaps in case you have any interest/use in these. The colors are separated by vegetation type, but I didn't get a chance to change these into a convertable color scheme. If you are interested and want a decoder, I can make a summary.

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.
Old June 9, 2001, 20:26   #13
Case
Emperor

ANZAC have a look at this site: http://www.world-war.co.uk/
its got everything you're after- heaps of pictures and descriptions of cruisers in WW2. To assist your search the Perth was a modified British Leander class (which the website calls the Sydney Class).

Last edited by Case; June 9, 2001 at 20:32.
Old June 11, 2001, 23:13   #14
The ANZAC
King

Thanks for all the maps I appreiate your help and thanks Case for that great site on cruisers which I'll keep handy since it's pretty interesting. Also does anyone have a PT Boat or MacArthur unit? I'm looking for something that could pass as the General, but the PT Boat needs to be exact. Thanks.
Old June 13, 2001, 22:46   #15
The ANZAC
King

Hey!
*BUMP* Come on, doesn't anyone have PT Boat and MacArthur units? Also what did the Japanese naval paratroopers in the beginning of the war that landed in the Dutch Indies look like so I caqn design a unit? Reply, that's the good choice
Old June 14, 2001, 02:48   #16
Case
Emperor

A couple of Weeks ago Jimmywax posted a collection of units on this board which included a PT Boat. I've just bumped it for you.

As for MacArthur, just chop the helmet off some other unit & replace it with Doug's fancy hat & add a cornknob pipe and hey presto you've got your own dugout Doug
Old June 14, 2001, 10:21   #17
The ANZAC
King

Case: again thanks for helping get all this together for the scenario. Still, another question: the naval paratroopers of the japanese: what did they look like (a picture might help)
Old June 14, 2001, 22:18   #18
Boco
King

Quote:
the naval paratroopers of the japanese: what did they look like (a picture might help)
...The ANZAC

Tough to find a good one , but http://www.geocities.com/dutcheastin...paratroop.html contains this image, and some descriptions of their airborne assaults during this campaign.

The other pictures have no detail.

Sounds like a fun challenge for the Allies!
Old June 15, 2001, 11:11   #19
The ANZAC
King

Thanks Boco, I'll try to get a unit like that!
Old June 15, 2001, 16:13   #20
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 06:39
I ran out of time with my trial PSP software

If you don't have any money it is probably ethical to set your computer clock to a trial period date while launching.