Old June 7, 2001, 15:09   #1
eNo
Chieftain

Local Time: 05:41
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Modelling Scientific Inspiration/Curiosity
What do you think about SMAC's Blind Research option?
What do you think about CivII's tech-hiding (by that I mean how you might know the prerequisites but still not be able to research a tech)?

I like Blind Research myself in SMAC. But it should be an option since I play with it on and off. CivII's tech hiding I don't like so much because it was very fustrating having to choose useless techs. I know the end effects are similar but Blind Research is just more enjoyable for some reason.
Old June 7, 2001, 15:20   #2
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 11:41
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I know smacs system is more realistic but somehow I was never quite comfortable whit it.
Possibly becouse I had no idea of what the techs meant.
The reaserch thing would just popup on me from time to time and tell me that I had discovered something strange and then I got to use the bonuses, I never managed to memorize the SMAC tech three as I did whit civ2s techtree.
Somehow it is less fullfilling to not be able to decide what is being researched (except for which categories the research should be done in, I figured you had to tell them to research all the categories as one categorie would need thechs from the other to advance).