Old June 7, 2001, 22:51   #1
Dylan Baker
DiploGamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Warlord

Local Time: 10:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
My complaint about Strategicking:
Sorry, I had to do it.

Although I have no criticism of Strategicking's memoirs, I have a few observations and comments to share. Although not without overlap and simplification, I plan to identify three primary positions on Strategicking's principles. I acknowledge that I have not accounted for all possible viewpoints within the parameters of these three positions. Nevertheless, this is not the first time I've wanted to tell Strategicking how wrong he is. But it is the first time I realized that like a verbal magician, he knows how to lie without appearing to be lying, how to bury secrets in mountains of garbage-speak. His jokes have proven to be a complete disaster in both theory and practice. It is tempting to look for simple solutions to that problem, but there are no simple solutions.

When Civ II came out, it was brutal nebbishes. Today, it's wild provocateurs who engender ill will. In asserting that no one is smart enough to see through his transparent lies, he demonstrates an astounding narrowness of vision. Take, as an example, the way that Strategicking wants to repeat the mistakes of the past. Well, if the only way to investigate the development of insurrectionism as a concept is for me to die in oppression, chaos, and despair, then so be it. It would honestly be worth it, because Strategicking underlings believe that we can all live together happily without laws, like the members of some 1960s-style dope-smoking commune. Although it is perhaps impossible to change the perspective of those who have such beliefs, I wish nevertheless to stand uncompromised in a world that's on the brink of Strategicking-induced disaster.

He is trying to commit confrontational, in-your-face acts of violence, intimidation, and incivility. His mission? To vilify our history, character, values, and traditions.

No matter what Strategicking thinks, all the deals he makes are strictly one-way. Strategicking gets all the rights, and the other party, including the members of his own tribe, gets all the obligations. I, hardheaded cynic that I am, sincerely feel that I challenge him to admit he was wrong and thereby begin the healing process. Deal with it.

It is disgraceful that, with a wink and a smile, he has signified his approval of closed-minded, noxious traitors who consign most of us to the role of his servants or slaves. Leaving aside the behavior of other combative clowns, if Strategicking gets his way, I might very well hang myself by the neck until dead.

We should agree on definitions before saying anything further about his unsophisticated, sinister snow jobs. For starters, let's say that "colonialism" is "that which makes Stratergicking yearn to empty the meaning of such concepts as "self," "justice," "freedom," and other profundities." I must blow my whistle on his tactics of deception and distortion. Or, to express that sentiment without the emotionally charged lingo, he is a myth-generating machine. Now, I could go off on that point alone, but I am not trying to save the world -- I gave up that pursuit a long time ago. But I am trying to reinvigorate our collective commitment to building and maintaining a sensitive, tolerant, and humane community. Speaking of what I call hypersensitive renegades, all of the bad things that are currently going on are a symptom of Strategicking shallow writings. They are not a cause; they are an effect.

What is often overlooked, however, is that I'm sticking out my neck a bit in talking about Strategicking's stances. It's quite likely he will try to retaliate against me for my telling you that he insists that every word that leaves his mouth is teeming with useful information. Sorry, Strategicking, but, with apologies to Gershwin, "it ain't necessarily so." From secret-handshake societies meeting at "the usual place" to back-door admissions committees, his drones have always found a way to biologically or psychologically engineer what I call amateurish scatterbrains to make them even more unenlightened than they already are.

Imagine people everywhere embracing Strategicking's claim that he is forward-looking, open-minded, and creative. The idea defies the imagination. Perhaps Strategicking has some sound arguments on his side, but if so, he's keeping them well hidden; all the arguments I've heard from him are entirely pigheaded.

Unambitious, communism-oriented oafs have exerted care always to use high-sounding words like "predisadvantageously" to hide Strategicking's plans to exert more and more control over other individuals. I kid you not. Actually, we can divide his sentiments into three categories: violent, lethargic-to-the-core, and phlegmatic. Nobody wants Strategicking to trample into the mud all that is fine and noble and beautiful, but Strategicking insists on doing it anyway. I have seen what he is capable of, and I am afraid. I am very afraid and I am very angry.

Let me carry my thoughts on this subject a bit further. One of his favorite tricks is to create a problem and then to offer the solution. Naturally, it's always his solutions that grant him the freedom to create division in the name of diversity, never the original problem. Strategicking's words are based on two fundamental errors. They assume that Strategicking is a perpetual victim of injustice. And they promote the mistaken idea that immoralism can quell the hatred and disorder in our message board ranks. In a tacit concession of defeat, he is now openly calling for the abridgment of various freedoms to accomplish coercively what his unimaginative sermons have failed at. All of this once again proves the old saying that disdainful freeloaders, more than any other segment of the population, like to assuage the hungers of Strategicking janissaries with servings of fresh scapegoats.
Old June 7, 2001, 22:58   #2
Bird
King

Local Time: 06:42
Just delete this crap already Ming.
Old June 7, 2001, 23:17   #3
StrategicKing2
Chieftain

What the heck are you talking about? Who are you? Next time you want to flame me, thats ok, I have been flamed by the best, and you are but a rank amateur. But for gods sakes, no more drugs for Dylan Baker. And next time, try, I know its hard for some one of your limited mental capacity, make it coherent.
Old June 7, 2001, 23:24   #4
Dylan Baker
Warlord

dagnabbit! it seems i cannot post a parody on these boards without being gang-rushed, boyz in the hood style less the automatic weaponry.

but since i have stirred the self-righteous ire in at least one person, let me ask this: was this recognized as a parody or as genuine disdain for strat?
Old June 7, 2001, 23:37   #5
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 02:42
why dont you just pull your pants down and we will grab our magnify glasses to measure your little members.

I for one am sick and tired of ALL of you who can't ever admit defeat! Grow up. None of you are immortal in the civ world. Every person i have played has lost to me or to someone else i know.

Yet, so many of you little twerps cannot even acknowledge that for once it wasn't hut luck, that your land wasn't above average, that you should have defeated that archer. Jesus..... life isn't all about civ (well ok it is but thats not the point).

Here is what seperates myself, Berzerker, Smartfart, Ming, Rah, Bird, Matt, Xin, Drake, Capo, Sun Tzu, Deity, Crustacian, and too anyone i missed YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, from the top tier.

We can all admit our mistakes, shortcomings, lapses of concentration, poor choices, as well as our triumphs, tribulations, and victories.

You dont' hear Ming rambling on and on about victories... (well he doesn't get too many anymore ) However I am man enough to give him his credit.....

The last game i had with him he KICKED MY BLOODY ASS worse than i have been beaten in a long time.

Now i love good friendly banter between players.......

But please.... if i have to hear one more story about how someone has a 80% - 20% win loss record against everyone they play i am going to puke!

Its BS and you all know it. You guyz sound like most males whom lack female experience and still say you lower head is a foot long.

Put up or shut up...... one if not more of you are lying.

You want to brag about how good you are..... post the result (as a final) with the oppositions civ named as well. Otherwise i think we are all sick and tired of the boasting.

I am the first to admit i am NOT a top tier player. Markus has it right when he states whom are top tier ( there may be a few more to that list but those on it have earned their mention.

What i fail to understand is why players must bicker. We know who the Gods are. Can't you guyz accept this. Must we cater to your ego that much more. You can never prove whom is the best. Too many random elements. But you can create a top ten list.

I enjoy the friendly banter. i enjoy competition. I don't enjoy wimps hiding behind a computer calling each other names

Please lets just play the darn game and have some fun, and not lie about whom is best and how so and so is my _______!

Ok i am going to have some more wine

Last edited by War4ever; June 8, 2001 at 01:10.
Old June 8, 2001, 00:37   #6
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 05:42
Dylan Baker... a parody? HUH? You used a "complaint generator" That isn't a parody... that's just being lazy and boring. Next time, be original...
Old June 8, 2001, 04:36   #7
SunTzu
Prince

War4Ever i am touched to be listed with some great civ players
Anyways, back to the topic, uh Dylan, your post well umm it makes no sense.
I speak for nearly everyone that all of yall crying about losing or who's the best at civ need to chill down and remember no matter how good you are at civilization 2 it won't make your social life any better
Old June 8, 2001, 08:26   #8
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

Amen, War4.

Dylan..

Par-o-dy 1. A satirical imitation.

Sat-ire 1. An artistic work that attacks human vice or foolishness with irony, derision, or wit.

Artistic...No
Irony...No
Derision...No
Wit.......Definately not.
It didn't even make sense.

It was just bad. And I agree with Ming, sounds like a complaint generator. And who is this guy.

RAH
Old June 8, 2001, 08:46   #9
drake
King

War4ever
Old June 8, 2001, 09:20   #10
Bird
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Ming
Dylan Baker... a parody? HUH? You used a "complaint generator" That isn't a parody... that's just being lazy and boring. Next time, be original...
That was my point entirely. Dylan: this is the second time you've used a generator to clutter up the forums. Try a little originality.
Old June 8, 2001, 09:24   #11
Bird
King

Quote:
Originally posted by War4ever

We can all admit our mistakes, shortcomings, lapses of concentration, poor choices . . ..
Do we have to count the alcohol induced ones?
Old June 8, 2001, 10:24   #12
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 02:42
Quote:
Originally posted by Bird

Do we have to count the alcohol induced ones?
Well depends if you have a problem I have been known to party too hard with the Military Advisor half way through a campaign only to have the peasants cruising the villages looking for my head
Old June 8, 2001, 15:09   #13
Dylan Baker
Warlord

what's a complaint generator?

see ya'll tuesday.
Old June 8, 2001, 18:04   #14
Caesar the Great
Emperor

And this, I kid you not, is why I hate these unambitious communist newbies
Old June 9, 2001, 06:09   #15
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 20:42
sounds more like a DL !!!!
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old June 9, 2001, 07:24   #16
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Get rid of this crap
This thread does not belong here, it has nothing to do with civ2 MP games.

Hydey the no-limits man. :(
Old June 9, 2001, 11:25   #17
The Tattler
Settler

Hint- Dylan Baker is a DL. His alter ego has already posted on this thread.
Old June 10, 2001, 01:15   #18
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

obviosuly the adminstrators here arent doing enough to rid us of these DLs...
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71