Old June 11, 2001, 20:20   #1
Kuja
Warlord

Local Time: 10:47
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Whose got game??
ok, I've been cruisin the zone for quite some time now and it's obvious that NOBODY in there is any good. So I remember Eyes and others telling me a while back that there are some good players that hang around Apolyton. So what I want to know is, who here is any good? I'm looking to find a player that can kick my ass every time so I can get my game to perfection. I'm the gameleague champion, so I'm no lightweight. But ever since I got to #1 there you find that nobody has enough points to make a game worth your while. So if anybody here is REALLY good, post and we can set up a time to play. It's already a boring summer, so I'm hoping some of you guys can alleviate this.

P.S. All those that suck need not apply
Old June 11, 2001, 20:43   #2
Eyes_Of_Night
King

Local Time: 05:47
I told you there were good players at Apolyton? When? You must have misunderstood. If anything I said there is NOT any good player at apolyton.
Old June 11, 2001, 21:02   #3
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Nominated Players Tourney
It may interest you to know that you are listed in the "Nominated Players Tourney" . Check out that thread... Hope you will decide to join...
Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul
Old June 11, 2001, 23:59   #4
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 02:47
ok i am not the best around here thats for sure, but if the settings and level can be agreed upon i will take you on and see what Gameleague champion is all about

icq is 30200920
Old June 12, 2001, 00:02   #5
Kuja
Warlord

sounds good to me, but i got rid of my ICQ b/c it always had errors, so just post here settings and when you wanna play.
Old June 12, 2001, 00:07   #6
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

deity raging x2x1 or x1x1 whenever you like.... i am PST and home from work around 4 pm my time...... no city bribe
Old June 12, 2001, 00:10   #7
Kuja
Warlord

do you have a zone name? mine is kuja_2. lol, and how did i know you would say "deity, 1x1x" those are the boringest games, but if you want we can do a game on your settings and then a game on mine
Old June 12, 2001, 00:12   #8
War4ever
Emperor

mine is returnofwar...... i will head there and we can chat...... i am not a x2x2 player..... maybe three times at all..... if your around meet me at the zone or if your there i will head there now
Old June 12, 2001, 00:36   #9
War4ever
Emperor

We managed to compromise on settings for this game.

Will be a small , emperor, no ai, no city bribe, no great wall, duel till concession on thursday night 730 pm eastern time. Double production single movement........

Looking forward to playing a gameleague champ who doesen't quit when his second settler is killed by barbs

Wish me luck
Old June 12, 2001, 01:29   #10
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

You'll need it

The guy's been kicked out of league multiple times for cheating. Nothing "minor" like rules txt. altering either. (You might want a second computer close by to keep up)
Old June 12, 2001, 02:42   #11
SuperSneak
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

What is the cause of this sudden exodus of nimrods fron Nimrodland to Apolyton--and how can we stop it?!?
Someone, please close Pandora's Box, quickly!

I hope you kick his butt from Hell to breakfast.
never neglectful, never indulgent.
Old June 12, 2001, 06:42   #12
Zopperoni
Age of Nations TeamApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 12:47
Quote:
Originally posted by War4ever
Wish me luck
Good luck...and go kick some Kuja-ass!!!
Old June 12, 2001, 06:59   #13
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 20:47
Save each turn War4
If he cheats then War4 will be the winner.

I don't think he will, only 3 year olds bother to cheat.

Even luck to both of you, may skill win out rather than cheating or luck and most of all enjoy the game.

Hydey the no-limits man. :(
Old June 12, 2001, 08:09   #14
drake
King

Local Time: 06:47
Quote:
What is the cause of this sudden exodus of nimrods fron Nimrodland to Apolyton--and how can we stop it?!?
Someone, please close Pandora's Box, quickly!
Well sneak, although this guy is obviously full of himself too, he did seem to be well mannered compared to the others. Give the guy a chance

Good luck War4ever, if you can beat Kuja the "gameleague champion" (ooooh ahhhhh ), then maybe eyes will finally shut up about no one at apolyton being good.......

Funny....eyes is quite active at apolyton and quite a good member....I'd even go so far as to say that eyes is a part of apolyton, a real part of this site.......Guess eyes doesnt think much of himself, since no one at apolyton is good.......
Old June 12, 2001, 10:34   #15
Kuja
Warlord

lol... ah... zylka... ever the thorn in my side... jealousy is such a tough pill to swallow isn't it?? May I remind you that I have never been proven to cheat? Despite your constant allegations you could never come up with a single shred of evidence... why is that? maybe because you are looking for something THAT IS NOT THERE! "oh but look at his record (50-4), surely he must be cheating." lol... nobody of those 50 wins was even good enough to hold my jockstrap. And as for you, we dueled to show you my true power and i believe i had trade, feudalism and monarchy all by 3050 BC. Admittedly that was probably the luckiest game of my life, but you still saw for your own eyes that I do not and did not cheat. Oh, and as for being kicked out of gameleague "multiple times", i was never forcibly removed by kwang. the only time i left gameleague was on my own choice so I could get away from your constant harassment. But guess what, I'm not running anymore
Old June 12, 2001, 20:38   #16
StrategicKing2
Chieftain

To rule over peasents that have a hard time tying thier shoe let alone playing civ (an accurate description of game league participants currently) is of no great achievement. I could take from you your championship at any time I desired. My perfected trade route strategy will destroy any who ignore thier use as EVERYONE currently playing game league civ games does. But boredom would set in not being challenged and quite frankly have much more important things to do with my time.

(oh and by the way, I dont need a second computer to do it)
Old June 12, 2001, 20:53   #17
My Wife Hates CIV
Civilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Too bad CIV II is not some kind of olympic event Eyes. Than you could be on the Today show and late night talk shows. If you're really as good as you say you are maybe you would make the cover of Time holding your CIV II gold medal. But, as always, you wake up and have the same sad realization that CIV is just game and no one cares. What a world it could have been for you. I mean, even if being good paid a little something... you know, anything. even burger king wages would be better than what you get now. Of course if it was that important you would have to pass a drug test (kinda like a rules.txt test). You might pop positive on that. That would also make the headlines and possibly cut you're career short. god, than what would you do. For sure being as good with AOE wouldnt pay as much. It would be difficult having to rely in a AOE income knowing you're really the King of CIV II. But, you got to do what you got to do.
Old June 12, 2001, 22:15   #18
Eyes_Of_Night
King

I see absolute no point in that inane display of babbling you just presented. Therefore I am not going to award you with a response beyond this.
Old June 12, 2001, 22:16   #19
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Life's too short for truth.
Ok Kuja, I'll call off my dogs.

Will you still be my zonefriend?
Old June 12, 2001, 22:54   #20
Bird
King

Quote:
Originally posted by StrategicKing2
To rule over peasents that have a hard time tying thier shoe let alone playing civ (an accurate description of game league participants currently) is of no great achievement. I could take from you your championship at any time I desired. My perfected trade route strategy will destroy any who ignore thier use as EVERYONE currently playing game league civ games does. But boredom would set in not being challenged and quite frankly have much more important things to do with my time.
Definitely confusing around here with all the strategicdunces. There's the one above, who can't possibly be the one war4 was talking about:

"strat leaves after his second settler is killed by barbs, good bye eight time gameleague champ *snicker* whined about his land which turned out to be awesome, though he was my neighbor"

Or could it?
Old June 13, 2001, 12:41   #21
StrategicKing2
Chieftain

Ok ass hole. I am not going to struggle against another civ that has built 2 citys and got another from a hut when my second settler is killed and the hut gave me a barb. End of the fun of the game. Never complained, just said the barbs got me and promptly retired never to play restricive settings again cause it introduces so much luck into the game and does not allow me to be as good as i am.
Old June 13, 2001, 12:58   #22
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by StrategicKing2
Ok ass hole. I am not going to struggle against another civ that has built 2 citys and got another from a hut when my second settler is killed and the hut gave me a barb. End of the fun of the game. Never complained, just said the barbs got me and promptly retired never to play restricive settings again cause it introduces so much luck into the game and does not allow me to be as good as i am.
Huh... you mean you get a little bad luck at the beginning and you just quit? And you call yourself a champion.

First, you can always come back in a game. I've had similar if not worse bad luck early, only to make up for it later. But more importantly, it kind of screws things up when you just quit.
It's not fair to the people you are playing. Using your approach, the minute something goes bad, you quit... THIS HAPPENS TO SOMEBODY IN EVERY GAME... that's part of the game. The great players use skill to overcome the bad luck... Luck is a factor of civ... deal with it.

And restrictive settings.... HUH? All settings have their strengths and weaknesses.... Great players could care less about the settings, they just use the right strategy for each different type of settings.

So, if you are going to call yourself a champion... why don't you act like one
Oh, and I have to ask again... do you count that as a loss, or just say you were screwed
Old June 13, 2001, 13:00   #23
drake
King

Quote:
Never complained, just said the barbs got me and promptly retired never to play restricive settings again cause it introduces so much luck into the game and does not allow me to be as good as i am.
Ahhahahahahhahahahah ! Oh man, that is funny!

Dude, how can anyone take you seriously when you make statements like that?
Old June 13, 2001, 13:26   #24
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

Gee, most of us rarely open a hut with our second settler once our capital is down because we don't want to risk getting a barb and losing our second settler. Early on most of us will build a city in range of the hut and send out a warrior to open it safely.

But I guess I'll stop doing that and just open the hut and quit when the result aren't to my liking.

RAH
You can decide which is the better strategy. Some of us take a little of the luck out of it.
Old June 13, 2001, 16:41   #25
Kuja
Warlord

Just to clarify
lol, HE calls himself a champion, NOBODY ELSE DOES!! lmao.... he's the type of player who thinks he is all great when the huts are going his way, but the second they go bad then "civ2 sucks, it's just a game of luck, i'm going to go break my CD in half now". lol, you are so pathetic, even the apolytoners can see through you
Old June 13, 2001, 17:29   #26
Bird
King

lol, I'm starting to catch on now. Let's see...

I, Bird, am the undefeated and unbeatable champion of Civ II. Not one of the illustrious group that has had the privilege of playing with me has been able to conquer me. Any contrary results or evidence are the result of (1) sheer luck enjoyed by the other players, (2) awful luck visited upon my superb self, either through bad hut results, poor terrain, or battle losses that won't happen again in a million years, (3) alcohol impaired playing (this covers a lot of territory), (4) slips of the hand, (5) bad net connections, or (6) cheating by others.

When War4 nuked me, it was only b/c I accidently hit the wrong technology to work on; otherwise I would have had plenty of SDI's and he would have had to change his name to Surrender4Ever.

When rah has 26 cities to my 16, it's only b/c he gets lucky with techs and is able to build HG and Mike's.

The rest of you guys (and ladies) who have, on rare occasions, managed to be ahead of me on the powergraph, well, you were just lucky, and I suspect you each know that.

I have developed a zen-like understanding of trade, expansion, city growth, city improvement, warfare (both offensive and defensive), huts, barbs, technology, wonders, diplomacy and game quirks.

Frankly, I'm not sure why I bother with this game, having mastered it beyond all hope of recognition on your parts.

P.S. I'm still working on my excuse for our duel the other night, War. Haven't quite got that one figured out yet.
Old June 13, 2001, 17:57   #27
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

rotflmao

You did everything great except the insults part.
You got the boasting, excuses, and avoidance down pat.
So like your civ game, you still need a little improvement

Please work on your insults.

Rich
Old June 13, 2001, 21:21   #28
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 20:47
Thanks Guys
I am home sick today. I feel like crap and just popped in to see what horse wrote about our zone game last night.
Having read this thread I now feel a lot better, laughter is a very good medicine. Thanks guys and I too have never been beaten when I have the perfect land, perfect start, advanced tribes from every hut and every time my opponents build a second city barbs crush it no matter how it is defended.

I seem to forget any other games.

Hydey the no-limits man. :(
Old June 13, 2001, 21:42   #29
Bird
King

rah, you pathetic ferret-smelling chieftain wannabe, quit cluttering this place with your prattling. You deprive others of the opportunity to inhale my wisdom and achieve a higher plane of existence.

Better?
Old June 13, 2001, 22:06   #30
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Bird
Better?
Yeah... I think that does it