Old June 24, 2001, 09:57   #61
Berzerker
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 05:53
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Kuja -
Quote:
Ah yes, now I see how honorable of a tribe you truly are, sticking games out to the end no matter what........
Are you suggesting that every tribe that is losing and wishes to concede must stick it out to the very last city/man lest they be dishonorable? I'd like for you to boldly announce your standard of honor to all of Apolyton so we may see who is worthy and who is not. Geez, sometimes people make the most ridiculous statements Some more than others
Old June 24, 2001, 10:06   #62
Berzerker
Emperor

Oh, did Supersneak want to play one of these? I'll be online around 2-3 pm central today in case the Tuatha need an alternate...
Old June 24, 2001, 14:08   #63
Willi
Settler

Local Time: 11:53
It's now 8 p.m. in Germany...
If the Tuathas are ready: pleas have a look to this chat:
http://civ2.net/cgi/chat.pl
Old June 24, 2001, 16:27   #64
Willi
Settler

I am waiting since 25 minutes, that slowwhand will start the game. in 5 minutes i'll stop waiting...
Old June 28, 2001, 22:18   #65
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 02:53
so whens the game ?
Old June 29, 2001, 21:43   #66
Willi
Settler

Play again
What do you think about next sunday? Starting between 8 and 10 pm CET (short after noon in East-America)? cool:
Let us play the fun-game and not a new tribe-game. I think, the Tuathas are to weak for a very tribe-game. Or what is the reason, you doesn't want the sharing of units and cities?:
Old June 30, 2001, 00:44   #67
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

sharing of units is just dumb as is cities.... its like wonder sharing . get leos upgrade your whole alliance...... i won't play a game like that ..... far too unrealistic..

as for too weak, carefull bud..... you dont know whom your playing do you
Old June 30, 2001, 02:28   #68
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

I've learned this much. Willi is a talking fool.
Whenever Big Willi. Bring your best effort.
Old June 30, 2001, 08:03   #69
markusf
King

Local Time: 10:53
Quote:
Originally posted by War4ever

as for too weak, carefull bud..... you dont know whom your playing do you
I think its a pretty fair asssesment
Old June 30, 2001, 08:20   #70
Hendrik the Great
Prince

He never knows whom he is talking to. That one of the reasons why he has to be resued sp often...
Old June 30, 2001, 09:09   #71
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by markusf

I think its a pretty fair asssesment
MARKUS! Waiting for word from you on Tribe challenge.
Eyes is scared, but you have other members.

Let's go, bud.
Old June 30, 2001, 09:44   #72
Chris 62
Spanish CiversCivilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 06:53
Don't sing it, bring it.
Quote:
Originally posted by Willi
What do you think about next sunday? Starting between 8 and 10 pm CET (short after noon in East-America)? cool:
I'll be ready, dude.
Quote:
Let us play the fun-game and not a new tribe-game. I think, the Tuathas are to weak for a very tribe-game. Or what is the reason, you doesn't want the sharing of units and cities?:

This from the guy who can't play without city bribe, and wet his pants when we said no to it?

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!
Old June 30, 2001, 09:57   #73
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

Sharing cities is unrealistic.
Build your individual Civ.
Did Berlin loan out the Wall ?
Do the Chinese dismantle the Great Wall, and let Taiwan use on occassion?
Has Egypt ever shipped Pyramids to Paris for display?
SOL ever set at the Iditarod Dog Races for promotional purposes?

Get a grip dude.
Old July 1, 2001, 00:53   #74
Berzerker
Emperor

I will be online around noon EST if these Germans want a tribe game and Tuatha is lacking participants. As for this unit/city sharing, does this mean swapped units can move for each tribe member? And does the city sharing include wonder sharing? Wow, you really know how to make a game long if this is the case. I won't play if we have to wait for every civ to swap units and cities, the turns will be taking far too long...

Do you Germans get many games with these rules?

Btw Willi, it's really bushleague to accuse your potential opponents of being "weak" for rejecting a set of rules almost no one plays by - especially a set of rules that will only make the game looooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr .

As for the Archons (is that Markus' tribe), we are waiting on Tact to return from vacation. He said he would be back Sunday (today)but I think it will be tough to get a game going for this afternoon.
Can you'll play weeknights? I know War4ever, Markus and I are available during the week, but maybe we can get a game going for tonight (Sunday).
Old July 1, 2001, 07:46   #75
Willi
Settler

No ideas?
Quote:
Originally posted by SlowwHand
Sharing cities is unrealistic.
Sorry, I forgot:
You are the guys who don't build railroad because it is too unrealistic to transport units needing no time...

Civilisation isn't the real world. Therefore I think, it should be allowed to use all its possibilities. And if you play as a tribe you have great possibilies. If you don't use them, it will be just like a normal game and you aren't able to combine the different skills of the tribemembers.
Quote:
a set of rules that will only make the game looooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr
We normally play with a time-limit (1:30, 2:00 or max. 3:00 minutes)...
And: if the tribe-concept works it will much sooner that one party wins
Old July 1, 2001, 07:50   #76
Willi
Settler

I'm not sure, that I can play tonight. I will try it. If I can't you will find others from our UCC-tribe. Max and Kronic are now in holyday...
Old July 1, 2001, 09:48   #77
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

We should cancel this week's session.
Boann will not be available, and I expect my daughter over.
Germs are having problems also this week.

Willi, where do you get that about the railroads?
Something you dreamed when drunk?
Still saying no to swapping cities and Wonder sharing.
Just because it's Tribe doesn't mean all weird crap can happen.

The session last week wasn't a Tribe game, though it contained members from 2 Tribes.
Not unless 4 Germs against 3 De Danann is necessary to give you a chance.
We can go that way, if you feel you need an extra member to make it a competitive game.

Last edited by SlowwHand; July 1, 2001 at 09:59.
Old July 1, 2001, 12:46   #78
markusf
King

we can play tonight. 2 on 2
Old July 1, 2001, 12:53   #79
Nap Bonaparte
Warlord

What settings do the Tuatha tribe prefer? 1x1x or 2x1x?Deityor king? Barbs?
Old July 1, 2001, 12:58   #80
Berzerker
Emperor

Quote:
Sorry, I forgot:
You are the guys who don't build railroad because it is too unrealistic to transport units needing no time...
Celebrating Oktoberfest a bit soon? Explain how someone with the Great Wall or happiness wonders can transport them to another civilization, you kind of ignored Slowhand's post showing the absurdity of such a rule.

Quote:
Civilisation isn't the real world. Therefore I think, it should be allowed to use all its possibilities. And if you play as a tribe you have great possibilies. If you don't use them, it will be just like a normal game and you aren't able to combine the different skills of the tribemembers.
Imagine having bombers/fighters that can hang in the air attacking for several turns in a row. Just because something is possible doesn't mean it's good. Of course if the tribe members alternate in the order of play then attacks can be disrupted by handing the defenders over to the next person in line, but this will just result in a longer game with even explorers switching hands to expand exploration.

Quote:
We normally play with a time-limit (1:30, 2:00 or max. 3:00 minutes)... And: if the tribe-concept works it will much sooner that one party wins
I won't play time limits, you want expanded possibilities while penalizing people for having larger civilizations?
Old July 1, 2001, 15:16   #81
Willi
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Berzerker
Explain how someone with the Great Wall or happiness wonders can transport them to another civilization, you kind of ignored Slowhand's post showing the absurdity of such a rule.
The wonder won't be transported. It remain in the city. Only the ownership of the city will chance. That's a normal thing when a city is captured or bribed. And even in real world something like that happens because nations make a contract. And why shouldn't friends of tribe make some good contracts?

Quote:
Imagine having bombers/fighters that can hang in the air attacking for several turns in a row.
We didn't try it with bombers or fighters yet. I suppose, it wouldn't work. The damages of an unit remain, if a unit get a new owner, and a bomber has no fuel too, if another one will use it.

Quote:
I won't play time limits, you want expanded possibilities while penalizing people for having larger civilizations?
You can do all you want waiting for the oher gamers. In the time limit you have to hurry, that's true. But without timelimit it would be to boring for all. If you want all the time make an email-game...

Quote:
We should cancel this week's session.
It's a pitty. I hurried up to be in time.

Quote:
Not unless 4 Germs against 3 De Danann is necessary to give you a chance.
We can go that way, if you feel you need an extra member to make it a competitive game.
No thanks. It was a fun game. In a tribe game we haven't any chance to lose, even when only 2 Ulimate-Civilisation-Circle play against 5 Tuatha...
Old July 1, 2001, 15:29   #82
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

Markus, try to get a third if possible.
I know Berzerker, Chris, and I will all be online in the evening and were merely going to have Tribe practice game.

Nap,
We don't really care.
Some of us prefer 1x , some prefer 2x .
We adapt.
Some have not done Deity too much, but again, that is fine.
We adapt.

I suggest, and it can surely be discussed, a Deity 2x prod 1x moves game or random normal land.
That will limit us somewhat due to points I outlined above, but...
We adapt.
Old July 1, 2001, 15:39   #83
War4ever
Emperor

i doubt Willi that two of you can handle five of us

Like i stated before..... you don't know who you are playing yet so don't be ignorant.

I am not into city bribe games nor any of this wonder sharing nonsense.

the game is over by the time someone gets mikes/leos

while civs do benefit from having strong neighbors, look at Canada and the USA, they certainly dont' lend us Hoover Damm every year Therefore that shoots your wonder sharing theory down the tubes.

i won't play with a timer either, too many dirty tricks are used this way...... like kings chat popups.....

as for you guyz being sooooooo good.... anytime after tues this week i can rock n roll will the best of you

deity x2x1 or x1x1 4 player game (lets make it quick and like you said you only need two of you) raging hordes, no city bribe, no wonder sharing, no instant caravans, no ai, any thing else thats not a cheat is allowed.

Oh and my partner is berzerker, you guyz are going down
Old July 1, 2001, 16:39   #84
Berzerker
Emperor

Willi -
Quote:
The wonder won't be transported. It remain in the city. Only the ownership of the city will chance. That's a normal thing when a city is captured or bribed. And even in real world something like that happens because nations make a contract. And why shouldn't friends of tribe make some good contracts?
Okay, but I dont make the decisions for our tribe as to who will play or under what settings. I'd play wonder/city sharing, but not unit sharing - just too long. Btw, can you cite any historical examples of this 'normal' occurence?

Quote:
We didn't try it with bombers or fighters yet. I suppose, it wouldn't work. The damages of an unit remain, if a unit get a new owner, and a bomber has no fuel too, if another one will use it.
The fuel - movement points - restores for the new owner.

Quote:
You can do all you want waiting for the oher gamers. In the time limit you have to hurry, that's true. But without timelimit it would be to boring for all. If you want all the time make an email-game...
I'm not talking about city management, I'm talking about moving units. I've played games with time limits and always find they make it hard to launch and maintain attacks not to mention moving caravans. And I dont need "all the time" to move, just the time it takes to move my units. You don't like that? We wont be playing then... I can barely stomach time limits in post 1500 bc friendly games.

Quote:
No thanks. It was a fun game. In a tribe game we haven't any chance to lose, even when only 2 Ulimate-Civilisation-Circle play against 5 Tuatha...
Most of the braggers around here at least wait till they beat someone before thumping their chest
Old July 1, 2001, 18:43   #85
Willi
Settler

Quote:
Willi -
Okay, but I dont make the decisions for our tribe as to who will play or under what settings. I'd play wonder/city sharing, but not unit sharing - just too long. Btw, can you cite any historical examples of this 'normal' occurence?
In 1890 England and Germany made the Helgoland-Sansibar-Contract and changed the isles. I'm not a historican, but i think, there are a lot of other examples. Most of this examples deals after wars (Helgoland-Sansibar between "friends"): think about the decision about the towns in south Danmark after World War I.

I had played with the famous Hendrik the Great and the enlighted Overlord and gone at the best of us.
Quote:
as for you guyz being sooooooo good....
Only one of them is good enough to smash 6 tuathas. You understand, I'm tired. I'll answer later for the rest of the nonsense...
Old July 1, 2001, 19:11   #86
Willi
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Hendrik the Great
He never knows whom he is talking to. That one of the reasons why he has to be resued sp often...
Sorry about Hendrik,
his Enghlish ist bad and he is not the best gamer from Ultimate Civilisation Circle. Remember his helpless question, how he can beat me ( http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...&threadid=2394 ). Althouh he had learnt a lot from Mad Max and SCDARS, the civilised gamers i met so far, he has the wrong opinion, that is would be better, not to show our enemies how strong we are...
Old July 2, 2001, 00:20   #87
markusf
King

Quote:
Markus, try to get a third if possible.

3 on 2....

Maybe you should try 4 on 2 next time hehehe
Old July 2, 2001, 01:15   #88
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

I want to say I'm surprised by such an asinine post, but I guess maybe I'm not.

What's happened is you didn't do what you thought you'd do, and it bothers you.
Talked your way into a corner.
Old July 2, 2001, 01:33   #89
markusf
King

Quote:
I want to say I'm surprised by such an asinine post, but I guess maybe I'm not.

What's happened is you didn't do what you thought you'd do, and it bothers you.
Talked your way into a corner.
Lol Civ is as much a game of the mind as it is of moving around units.

This game is going to drag on a bit, as no one has the tech to launch a decisive blow. Actually we do but thats just temporary...

This will go well past tatics i think.
Old July 2, 2001, 19:02   #90
markusf
King

we playing at 7pst tonight>?