Old June 15, 2001, 17:34   #1
Karr
Settler

Local Time: 10:53
Local Date: October 31, 2010
some questions
is there a way to copy units from one units gif to another?
or... any other way to put new units...

can i ADD technological advancements?

is there a way to make special resources for grassland ?
when i open terrain.gif, i see there are special resources for grassland, why's that?

thanks
Old June 15, 2001, 22:41   #2
Masis
Warlord

Windows?
Depends, if you are using Windows I can tell you that Microsoft Paint can do the job of GIF editing (except Titles). Browse the net or better Apolyton Civilization II web sites list for sites that have Units, Terrain or Cities collections that can be directly saved to your PC by right clicking the image to view the image seperatly and selecting Save from the File menu. Some can be downloaded as a Zip file.

Once they are on your PC simply open them using Microsoft Paint chose the unit you would like to use in your scenario and drag the selection brush around its borders-IMPORTANT-make sure you include the left and top green borders that include those blue dots, they decide where the unit shield will be placed. For cities it is exactly the same wheras now the blue/light blue dots decide where the City name and Size shield will be. For Terrain you need not worry about blue dots.
To create a Title gif you may have to download a demo version of Paint Shop Pro (if you do, simply type Paint Shop Pro in a search engine) to do the job for you.
I did, but the trouble is it has a 30 day limit with an extra 30 days grace period after which the program does not run.

However if you know some decent people in Apolyton, they may do the simple job of converting your bmp Title into a gif Title for you-make sure you give them ample credit in the Readme of your scenario package!

Hopefully this should answer your query.

Last edited by Masis; June 16, 2001 at 16:46.
Old June 16, 2001, 14:59   #3
Karr
Settler

thanks
thanks, for the help, i just thought there's a nicer and safer way to make it through the editor.

anyway, about my other question, i wanted to know if there's a way to add government types, or advancements or improvements, i mean to add new ones, not to change the current.
Old June 16, 2001, 16:14   #4
BeBro
Emperor

Local Time: 12:53
Karr, unfortunately you cannot add new techs, units, improvements or governments, you can only change them. If you add e.g. more techs or improvements in the rules, then civ will chrash.