Old July 3, 2001, 15:31   #61
cbn
Prince

Local Time: 07:25
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I hope he stays in the game and will hold the turn until we know what is going on with the "surrender". I emailed Randy to ask him to stay.

I do feel bad for atacking "new guy" before he has a chance to change his faction's fortunes but this campaign started before he came aboard and I believe that its fair ball to continue it. I don't believe I am being unreasonable to do so.

If Randy decides not to come back I guess we could

1. seek another replacement (best option) -warned that they will be fighting for their life if Randy's assessment is correct. That might even be a selling point- practice your war skills against a human opponent

2. Turn the Cult over to the AI if that is possible -- this would likely be a big advantage for me given the AI's tactical booboos.

3. Obliterate the Cult -- don't know how fair that is-- never considered it before in a game
Old July 3, 2001, 18:05   #62
Tenchusatsu
Warlord

Local Time: 10:55
Considering the options:

1) Yes, this would be the best alternative. Heck, I'd be willing to try this if I weren't actually playing in this game.

2) This isn't too hard, I imagine. Sure, it will certainly help you, Stephen, but Walt and I will simply have to adjust our strategies.

3) At least this can be explained away in a role-playing sense. Maybe Prophet Dawn decides that he and his followers should finally become "one with Planet," literally.

How about a radical fourth option, something like:

4) Lottery draft pick for the Cult's bases. (Wacky idea, no?)
Old July 3, 2001, 19:13   #63
NorthSwordsman
Prince

Local Time: 05:55
After reading the emails from each of you, I'll stay. Sorry, fellas. I'll just go to the bitter end. :-). I hate losing more than anything else, but I guess this is a character builder, eh? . Send them on. I'll play.
Old July 3, 2001, 21:12   #64
cbn
Prince

2190 to the Cult

I appreciate you sticking around, Randy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vidflash news

Drone forces report tonight that they destroyed two approaching Cultist Rovers and eradicated a base on the coast toward the Drone lands. However at this moment, the bulk of the Drone forces are remaining on the fringes of the boundaries of their new lands and have refrained from advancing on other cities. Analysts are uncertain whether this is merely a regrouping before future attacks or if they have been ordered to halt their advance.

In related news, Free Drone diplomats were spotted at the Cult embassy. Officials deny that peace talks are progressing but political analysts speculate that the foreman's hawkish speech was designed to garner public support and the trust of the military so that the foreman may appease those groups with less than total victory. Military spokesmen denied this but remained silent as to the objectives which will provide sufficient security for the Free Drones.
Old July 3, 2001, 21:23   #65
NorthSwordsman
Prince

2191 to Tench.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Offical news release: The Cult continues diplomatic discussions with the Drones. While the Prophet is concerned that the Drones will break any treaty that is made, he is admendable to settling this war. A peace proposal has been tendered to the Drones by private messenger.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First Advisor's personal log:

Cha'Dawn is ranting and raving about the loss of the new base. I fear the consequences unless I can reach a quick agreement on to stop the hostilities. I am trying to find agreement that both sides will accept. Diplomacy sucks, but what I can I do about it? There must be SOMETHING that the Drones will take that will save face for us and satisfy them. I cannot make a treaty that will hurt our relationships with the others in the future... but.... there must be some way to solve this. If only I can see. Planet is silent about this. Which way do I go? At least the Drones have paused their attack, which gives me hope that they are willing to listen.

Last edited by NorthSwordsman; July 3, 2001 at 21:42.
Old July 3, 2001, 23:47   #66
Tenchusatsu
Warlord

Year 2191 to Walt.
_______

Personal Log, Year 2191
Gaian Defense Minister

Of all the luck, we capture an Isle of the Deep, only to lose another one to, that's right, another IoD. Worse yet, that IoD we lost was carrying an Alien Artifact, and there's absolutely no chance to recover it from the deep sea. Most likely the sea fungus will just let it rot.

After the pride of constructing the Maritime Control Center, that was a painful lesson in humility reminding me that the seas are just as dangerous as before.

Meanwhile, while our senior staff, along with the rest of Planet, is closely following the war between the Cult and the Drones, I must remind myself that we too are at war. In fact, I gave the orders for one of our mindworm scout units to attack a group of Cyborg formers. I dare not report this to Lady Deirdre for she'll obviously go ballistic over the attack of a non-combat unit. But she needs to realize that the Cyborgs would have done the same to us, if not more. I am also contemplating moving into their base and letting those poor Cyborg blokes have a taste of mindworm psionics. Perhaps this will convince the "logical" Aki Zeta 5 that continuing this vendetta makes no sense.
Old July 4, 2001, 11:36   #67
NorthSwordsman
Prince

WNN Newsflash: The investigation surrounding the death of First Advisor Daytrippin' has been concluded.

Unnamed official sources say that an extremist faction within the Cult assassinated the former First Advisor. This particular group, called "The Planet Worshippers", advocated the violent overthrow of the other factions and the establishment of a one-world Cult government. Investigators have uncovered some disturbing information concerning this violent group, including information that suggests they may or may not have been responsible for some actions that were committed in the Planet Cult's name against the Free Drones. Copies of the investigator's files have been turned over to the Drones in an attempt to discover the full truth beyond these insurrectionists. Further information will be disclosed when the investigation is complete.

WNN Newsflash:

3 members of the "Planet Worshippers", former naval officers who were demoted by former First Advisor Daytrippin' for violations of Cult Law, were arrested for the assassination of the former First Advisor. They have been tried in a court of law, and duly executed for their crime using the harshest methods proscribed by the Prophet.
Old July 4, 2001, 12:18   #68
Walt
Warlord

2191 to cbn.

______

Thanks for sticking it out, Randy. :-)
Old July 4, 2001, 18:54   #69
NorthSwordsman
Prince

turn to tench.
Old July 4, 2001, 20:28   #70
Tenchusatsu
Warlord

Year 2192 to Walt.
_______

Foreign Minister Report

I am pleased to announce that we have formed a Pact of Brotherhood with Pravin Lal and the U.N. Peacekeepers. This union not only makes sense from a geographic standpoint, considering that the PKs are on the adjacent continent east of the Gaian mainland, but it also makes sense from an ideological standpoint as well, since both our societies are dedicated toward peace, freedom, and social responsibility.

However, it puzzles me to see that the PKs are also at war with the Morganites as well as the Drones. This seems to go contrary to their namesake as "Peacekeepers." Not only that, but they are also located rather far away from either faction. We plan to pursue diplomatic channels in an attempt to bring an end to those wars.
_______

Vid-Comm Conversation between Druid Tenchusatsu and the Head Engineer at New Virgin Soil

T: So you say you recovered a Unity Scout Chopper?
E: That's correct, sir.
T: How is it powered?
E: Aviation fuel, sir.
T: You mean from Earth?
E: I believe so, sir.
T: Can we synthesize the fuel for our own use?
E: Not yet, sir.
T: Then how does the darn thing continue to run without refueling?
E: Beats the crap out of me, sir.
Old July 4, 2001, 21:23   #71
cbn
Prince

Personal Log-- Free Drone chief investigator

The evidence provided by the Cult is quite convincing and detailed. While it confirms that the massacre of 2172 was carried out by Cultist forces, it suggests that these actions were carried out by dissident elements. It further suggests that these elements intentionally hid the true nature of the atrocities from the Cult leadership. Most of this new evidence is consistent with the results of our past investigations but we must look further.

Free Drone vidcast

There is mounting evidence that the Free Drone and Cult negotiators have been holding around the clock sessions to seek an end to the 22 year conflict. There are unconfirmed reports that new evidence shows that the Cult leadership was unaware of the extent of the atrocities which were carried out by Cult dissidents. Sources indicate that the Cult now may be willing to accept some responsibility for the incident. The foreman's attitude toward the Cult leadership has apparently warmed considerably upon this show of cooperation. Police sources would confirm only that the investigation into the events of 2172 has been reopened and is ongoing.

The final indicator comes from our battlefield reports. All hospitals report no casulties for the last reporting period and sources indicate that the 45th and 55th battalions have orders to stand down. Military spokespeople will neither confirm nor deny the existence or absence of a truce.

At this hour these reports are all unconfirmed. The last official communique provided updates on the war. There has been no official confirmation even that talks are ongoing. At the briefing today the Press Secretary would only say that " we continue to examine any peaceful alternative to war but have no comment beyond that".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Free Drone Dispatch

We regret our war with the peackeepers but it is currently a war without casulties. The Peacekeepers refuse all peaceful overtures and continue to make outlandish demands. We would welcome peace with them but would have to consider any Peacekeeper military that approaches our lands to be hostile and act accordingly. We hope that this approach is acceptable to the world community
Old July 4, 2001, 23:59   #72
Walt
Warlord

2192 to cbn.
______

Tell me again, why are we at war with the Peacekeepers?
- Rachel Daws, Administrative Assisstant.

The Spartans paid us good money, my dear.
- CEO Walt
Old July 5, 2001, 06:20   #73
NorthSwordsman
Prince

Offical Cult press release:

After marathon negiotation sessions with the Free Drones Diplomatic services, The Planet Cult is pleased to announce the signing of a formal peace treaty between the Planet Cult and Free Drones factions.

Terms of the treaty will not be disclosed until a further date, when the treaty agreement stipulations are well under way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whew... that last negiotation sesson of 14 hours was exhausting. I'm glad it's over and we each can move on to other business. I'm satisified with the terms, as is the Prophet.

The Prophet was rather shocked to find out the lies, the deceit that this extremist group had been feeding us. From appearances, nearly a quarter of our military was involved in this plot. We have rounded up the members of the group, and had 3/4 of them executed by mindworms. The others have been turned over to the Drones for punishment as they see fit.

Now the rebuilding of our shattered economy can begin. There must be a way to get the needed cash and tech that we so desperately need. We are going to have to consider every option we have.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WNN update: According to a recent poll, 90% of the citizens surveyed agree that the peace treaty will only benefit both sides. The mood of the nation appears to be one of relief and joy, as well as concern over the economic state of the Cult. The First Advisor commented that he is feeling pressured to quickly solve the economic problems of the community.
Old July 5, 2001, 08:20   #74
NorthSwordsman
Prince

Turn 2193 to Tench. Enjoy!

Ah... the fruits of peace! Joy!
Old July 5, 2001, 08:26   #75
cbn
Prince

2192 is done and the turn is now with the honoured Cult

---------------------------------------------------------

Personal Log of Foreman cbn

Thankfully the war is over. Once we understood that the Cult leadership was not involved and they understood why we were so angry, it was easier to reach a deal. I think we both wanted to avoid continuing to be puppets due to the actions of some extremists. The treaty was a tough sell to my military-- darn fools always want to try out their new toys-- but they saw that the safeguards were enough to ensure a measure of security-- No more of my young men need die. Looking back it seems so senseless but I still think it was the only alternative at the time. . . . Sh*t-- the protocol officer is next on my appointment list-- He'll drone on for hours about the proper honorific for the first advisor, when to bow and who walks into the room first-- I guess the ceremony is necessary. I'll have to talk to the first advisor about trade opportunities so he will be confirmed in his decision for peace. I gues I'll have to go put on my dress overalls and get ready for all the diplomatic fooferall to come.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vidcast to the people of the Free Drones

My people

I am delighted to tell you that the war with the Cult has ended. We now have sufficient evidence to conclude that the incident of 2172 was designed and carried out without the consent or knowledge of the government of the Cult. The first advisor has expressed regret over the role of Cult citizens in those events and has passed over many of the ringleaders to our security forces for interrogation. These extremist have already revealed the identities of members within the population of the Free Drones. These members have been detained and have revealed their plot to attempt to incite the Free Drone population against the Cult.

With all these facts, the Cult and Free Drones have been able to achieve a peace that will hopefully be a lasting peace. Treaty details are confidential at this time but it is hoped that these will be equitable arrangements that benefit both sides. We are a peaceful faction and our gretaest wish is peace.

Today we rejoice in peace even while we mourn the dead on both sides. Tomorrow, our focus shifts once again to building a better society for our workers.

Open message to all leaders

I have heard your concerns and with the gracious help of the first advisor, peace has been achieved. It is our hope that our actions in this matter confirm our peaceful intent. However, it will be the policy of the Free Drones to respond swiftly and with force to any attacks in the future. It will also be our view that a faction is reponsible for all the actions of their citizens. All factions should ensure that they have full control of their military and intelligence so incidents are avoided.
Old July 5, 2001, 13:37   #76
Walt
Warlord

2193 to cbn.
Old July 5, 2001, 14:45   #77
Tenchusatsu
Warlord

Year 2193 to Walt. [EDIT: Looks like Walt already did his turn before I was able to post this. ]
_______

Open Message to All of Planet
Lady Deirdre Skye

We are pleased to see that the Drones and the Cult have finally laid down their arms and worked toward peace. We hope this may serve as an example of how lifekind on Planet can indeed coexist and live together for the common good, instead of repeating the cycle of violence and conflict that led to the destruction of Earth.
_______

First Advisor's Log, Year 2193
Druid Tenchusatsu

Meanwhile, as Lady Deirdre makes happy-go-lucky speeches and understandably preaches peaceful ideals, reality continues to go in a different direction. We have recently asked Lal of the PKs to end their Vendettas against the Morganites and the Drones. While I won't repeat his responses even in this confidential log entry, I do have to question the appropriateness of the name "Peacekeepers," because peace seems to be the last thing on Lal's mind. Even now as we get the intelligence reports from our diplomats, we find the PKs have prioritized military projects over domestic improvements. I am now forced to reconsider our Pact, which in retrospect was probably made in haste.

Last edited by Tenchusatsu; July 5, 2001 at 15:00.
Old July 5, 2001, 19:47   #78
cbn
Prince

2193 is done -- 2194 to the Cult
Old July 5, 2001, 20:06   #79
NorthSwordsman
Prince

Turn 2194 to the Gaians.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am becoming increasingly restless. I wonder why. Is it the dreams that the worms send me? Is it the unrest in our cities? Is it the reports that I am receiving that some factions are showing a great deal of disrespect for Planet and plundering her? I wonder how Druid Tenchusatsu and Lindley are reacting to all of this, given their connection to planet? The Prophet has withdrawn from public appearances lately. Whenever I talk with Cha'Dawn, I get the feeling/sense of torment, agony on the other end of the line. I saw Cha'Dawn yesterday... did not look good at all. Very disheveled, very much in pain. Cha'Dawn insists nothing is wrong physically. Yet, I'm concerned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Open note to all the factions and their population:

The Planet Cult is receving reports of unrest from Planet and the native life forms. We are concerned about the massive terraforming and plundering of Planet's natural resources. We strongly urge the factions to adopt a more "environment-friendly" stance, ceasing from the massive building and terraforming projects, particularly those abominations called "Boreholes".
Old July 5, 2001, 23:01   #80
Tenchusatsu
Warlord

Year 2194 to Walt.
_______

Report on the Cyborgs, Year 2194
Gaian Defense Minister

Our war continues to go well for now. We are actively wearing out the defense forces at one of their remote bases with our mindworm units. I anticipate victory within a few short years. Also the long-feared Cyborg naval vessel patroling the waters between our two continents will soon be dealt with by a new flagship we are constructing at the Maritime Control Center.

However, I fear good fortune will not be with us for long. Our intelligence reports already talk about Elite units stationed in one of their bases along with other well-trained forces scattered elsewhere. Worse yet, the Cyborgs have recently switched their industrial resources toward Power. This explains how they are able to field such strong troops. So far it doesn't appear that they are planning any marine landing soon, but we must keep a close eye on their affairs.
Old July 6, 2001, 11:46   #81
cbn
Prince

Scene at the MP post on the outskirts of Wellness of Souls

" Well corporal, what do you have to say about this incident"

" It wasn't our fault sir. We were at Rosie's having a few synthales when a few Cult soldiers walked in with one of their pet worm thingies. We weren't paying much attention until one of our guys walked past them on the way to the bar. The worm shrieked in agony and started writhing on the floor. Next thing 3 Cult guys were shoving up against our fellow, Dubinsky it was sir, and wanted to know what he done. Dubinsky never done nuthin' sir he just stood there but they kept accusin' him and a couple of our fellows got there as well. Well now there was three of our fellas face to face with theirs and the worm was going into convulsions as more and more fellas from our side came up. "

"What happened next?"

" Well the Cult fellers were sayin' we was hurtin' the worm thing and one of our fellas . . . . well lets just say he said that Cult soldiers seem much too affectionate with their worms. That got it started sir and the next thing I knew there was about 20 people poundin' the daylights out of each other. Good fun sir, no different than fightin navy guys except we have orders to leave the Cult alone"

"Well no one was hurt on either side. Cult MPs confirm that their troops will come up with half the damages and we'll come up with half-- your pay will be docked and you will be confined to base for 14 days. The matter is closed"

" Yes sir . . . But sir I promise we weren't lookin' for trouble. Just when that worm thingie went crazy everything went up"

" Ah yes corporal. It appears the neural amplifiers that all our troops carry cause mild discomfort to worms even at a distance of 100 feet. Ten feet and the worm experiences serious pain and with two or three guys there it would have been excruciating. We are still investigating the effect but it appears to be temporary as the worm has no permanent damage"

----------------------------------------------------------------
Old July 6, 2001, 14:46   #82
Walt
Warlord

Great! I love it! Do 6 episodes. "A Boy and his Fungus." We'll pilot it in the 11:00 slot, right after that diner show, what's it called, "Star Check?" Great! I love it!

- Producer Dan Rafferty, being pitched a new serial based on the now infamous "Incident at Wellness of Souls."

_____

2194 to cbn.
Old July 6, 2001, 15:55   #83
NorthSwordsman
Prince

Planet Cult Offical Press release:

The Cult regrets the incident at the recreation place called "Rosie's" on the outskirts of Wellness of Souls. The military troopers from the 1st Worm Battalion who were involved in the incident have been disciplined accordingly for allowing a Mindworm to be injured and violating the borders as outlined in the FreeDrone-Planet Cult treaty. Reparation has been paid to the recreation center owners for the damages. The Planet Cult asks forgiveness for this unintentional transgression.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overheard, conversation between the First Advisor and the 1st Worm Battalion commander, Colonel Harkness:

FA: What in the name of Planet were those troops doing over the border?

Harkness: I have no idea sir! My best guess is that they were looking for some fun.

FA: Fun ?!?!?! Fun ?!?!? I'll show them fun! I'm sentencing each of them to 15 minutes in the interrogation chamber, docking their pay for one month, demoting them one grade. They had better not disobey my orders again, or I will feed them to the worms myself! Putting a mindworm in danger is serious business. Didn't those grunts know the Neural Amp injures worms? Are they really that monumentally stupid?

Harkness: Sorry, sir. I have no idea what was going through their minds.

FA: They have minds? Shocking.

(silence)

FA: Harkness, a military commander is responsible for the conduct of his men, yes?

Harkness: (standing at attention): Yes, SIR!

FA: What am I going to do with you?

(silence)

FA: Harkness?

Harkness: Yes, sir?

FA: You are demoted one grade, your pay is docked for one month for delinquency of your responsibilities as a commander.

Harkness: Yes, sir. Is that all, sir?

FA: No.

(silence, sweat beads on the forehead of Maj. Harkness)

FA: You will spend 30 minutes in the interrogation chamber. You will not be removed from your command... this time. If it happens again... you will be worm fodder. Is that clear?

Harkness: Yes, SIR!

FA: In addition, all troops within the DMZ will be locked down in base when not performing their duties. Make that clear, Major. If any of them crosses the border, the MP's will shoot them on sight. Is that clear?

Harkness: Yes, sir. (subdued).

FA: Dismissed. Guards, take him to his half hour in the interrogation chamber, then to his quarters.

Guard: Not sickbay, sir?

FA: No. Let his pain be a reminder to him.

Last edited by NorthSwordsman; July 6, 2001 at 16:01.
Old July 6, 2001, 17:04   #84
cbn
Prince

2194 is done and gone

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Excerpt from Drone Entertainmnet Weekly

Hopefully the renowned Rafferty will once again be able to create a compelling story in "A Boy and His Fungus" but the underlying events provide little drama. The "incident at Wellness Souls" was a simple bar fight, only notable since the combatants happened to be from factions recently at war . . . .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Memo

TO: Wellness of Souls district manager

Colonel Potter-- military liason, Southern district

Recent events at the establishment known as Rosie's have highlighted a number of instances of non-compliance with applicable regulations. The establishment has been convicted of violations of :

Article12(3)-- serving alcohol to minors
Article 13(7) --serving intoxicants in excess of the rationed amounts to military personell
Article 43(12)-serving intoxicants to Non-Drone persons without a dispensation
Aticle 67(5) -- possession of Morganite Brandy without payment of the appropriate duty

There are outstanding charges regarding 43 other counts but the foregoing is sufficient. It is hereby ordered that Rosie's shall be closed until it is in full compliance with all regulations and in any event shall be closed for a period not less than 6 months. Further sanctions may be imposed pending the outcome of the outstanding charges.

Last edited by cbn; July 6, 2001 at 17:18.
Old July 6, 2001, 20:20   #85
NorthSwordsman
Prince

2195 to the Gaians.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Old July 6, 2001, 21:39   #86
Tenchusatsu
Warlord

Year 2195 to Walt.
_______

Maritime Control Center, Lucky Autumn
Commencement speech given by the Gaian Defense Minister

I am proud of all of you cadets making up the first graduating class of the Gaian Naval Academy. Your courage, patriotism, and dedication to the preservation of Planet shines as an example not only to our Gaian nation, but also all of Chiron as well.

Since I'm not one for long and drawn-out speeches, let me cut to the chase. Each of you has already received an official letter of assignment which will begin exactly one week from now. You may be wondering why you'll be put into active duty so soon and what your assignment will be. Answering the second question first, the actual mission is, of course, classified, but the ship you will be serving on isn't. On this note, I am proud to unveil our newest flagship, the Sword of Gaia!

As you can see, this sleek new vessel is the first cruiser ever to be commissioned by our Gaian nation, and perhaps all of Planet as well. She is the fastest naval vessel on Planet bar none and her top speed is twice that of most naval foils currently out there in Planet's waters. Not only that, but this ship will serve as our prototype for future ship-building projects. It also serves as the prototype platform for new Gaian armament as well. As you can see, its main weapon is a gigantic particle impactor. Plus the armor is made out of the same crimson alien alloy that other nations have been using for years now. This "resonance armor" will aid us against attacks from native mindworms that our onboard trainers fail to capture. As you know, one of our vessels was recently lost to a wild Isle of the Deep (may Gaia rest the souls of that ship's crewmembers). This proves even our strengths in psi-combat is no proof against the dangers of Planet wildlife, so employing the armor will give us added protection against such attacks.

Now I'm not going to pretend that this ship is more than a match for rival ships out there in combat. As you know, other nations, including our enemies, continue to develop more fearsome weapons of destruction. Some are even bent on turning their citizens into soulless killing machines. But that's all the more reason why we should strive harder to be better fighters for our cause, to exemplify courage and self-sacrifice. That's why we rely on you, our proud class of 2195, to serve as such an example for future Gaian soldiers and defenders, and to preserve our peace-loving and Planet-nurturing way-of-life.

So anyway, back to my first question: Why are you being put to active duty so soon? Well, your captain will tell you once your ship, the Sword of Gaia, sets off on her maiden voyage. As of now, enjoy your week off with your family and friends. Soon you will be sent off on your glorious mission! May Gaia and Planet bless you always!!!
Old July 7, 2001, 17:18   #87
cbn
Prince

2195 is done-- 2196 dawns on the Cult
Old July 7, 2001, 17:23   #88
NorthSwordsman
Prince

2196 to the Gaians

-----------------------
First Advisor's Personal Log:

Business as usual. Our economy is slowly recovering. The Prophet at last has emerged from his isolation, attending a social event. The Prophet has lost about 15 pounds. The physicians are concerned, but Cha'Dawn insists that the weight does not matter, all is well. I wonder. While Cha'Dawn appeared quite animated at times, near the end of the event, the slowness of the Prophet's motions were very noticeable. I wonder if what is ailing Planet is ailing the Prophet. They are connected, after all, in a way we cannot hope to comprehend. I'm thinking that all of this ecological disruption is what is causing all of these problems. If that is the case, then it must cease. We cannot have the Prophet in this condition.

-----------------------

Offical Planet Cult press release:

We again come before the population of Planet and ask that factions refrain from excess ecological damage. While we understand the need to provide for people's survival, excess is to be condemned. We request, nay, demand that ecological damage be stopped at the risk of grave consequences.

Last edited by NorthSwordsman; July 7, 2001 at 17:49.
Old July 7, 2001, 18:54   #89
Tenchusatsu
Warlord

Year 2196 to Walt:
_______

Personal Log, Year 2196
Gaian Defense Minister

I am happy to report two military victories this year. The first marks the Sword of Gaia's first triumph in battle. Specifically, the ship engaged the Cyborg Laser Foil in the waters between the Gaian and Cyborg continents. The engagement was an exchange of artillery at beyond visual range. Fortunately the Particle Impactor on our ship proved to be stronger than the Cyborg Laser Cannon, and in short time the Cyborg Foil became food for the Sealurks. Unfortunately, the Sword of Gaia herself has suffered moderately heavy damage. She will be ordered to report to the nearest base for repairs. Thanks to the Maritime Control Center, repairs ought to be swift. That's a good thing, because there is still a lot I have planned for our new flagship.

The second is our conquest of the Cyborg colony Epsilon Landing. It took quite a while to convince Lady Deirdre to take over the base. She is still very reluctant to take what she calls "imperialist actions," and I don't blame her, considering the cries of peace we made after the Drones took over a Cult base. But the intelligence reports don't lie; the Cyborgs are indeed building up elite forces, possibly in preparation for a major landing. While we still haven't detected any transports in the Cyborg ports or shipbuilding yards, it won't be too long before they do have a few. Therefore, it was necessary to eliminate any foothold that the Cyborgs have on lands outside of their home continent. Otherwise, those footholds will quickly become beachheads for more attack troops.

Some of our senior advisors have privately suggested to me that we should end the Cyborg threat once and for all by invading their mainland first. And I must admit, I too was intrigued by the idea for a while. But of course this idea will never fly with Lady Deirdre. Even if she wasn't such a pacifist, it would still take more than just an "intriguing idea" to convince her to cancel our massive domestic projects just to support our "spendid little war."
Old July 7, 2001, 19:25   #90
NorthSwordsman
Prince

Fellows, I do not know about you, but I am tremendously enjoying the "add-ons" that we have been adding to our games, enchancing the "flavor" of our games. This is a first time I've experienced it, I must say... it's addicting! :-). It's like reading a book and being able to influence the stories in that book. :-). Keep 'em coming!

Randy