SMIFFGI
Settler

Local Time: 10:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Some realistic ideas + bug report
Hey just a couple of things

Bugs: Abolitionist when fails a messages says something like

blablablabla then "{unitrecord} (unit.name)" blablabla

if u know what i mean and u probably know this but Aid Uprising is really buggered

Hey i have to say the Medieval pack is the best mod pack i have seen for any games, plus with little bugs especially for the first version i have a couple of sensible suggestions as u say u have run dry on ideas.

1. U should add the combat engineer, to ur mod (the one that was unused) its on Apolyton downloads and it has all but death animation.

2. I think u should add the AI entity from ctp1 and make the movie seperate download with Stonehendge one

3. It would be good to see babarian leader and gold reward for capturing him logic in the game (just an idea)

4. And last of all this is quite a radical idea but..... it would be good to see an age before Ancient age with maybe 2 or 3 new city designs for all untill civs have own design (like current Ancient Era) in this age u could put relitivly simple Advances and few city improvements or units available until ancient era. U could include such units as Tim Stevens stone thrower (predecessor of the Bowman.

thanx for reading this (if u have)
i am new to the ctp2 editing but done some simple stuff like add new units in ctp1, so any replies to this would be appreciated just to know someone is listening
Old June 21, 2001, 08:07   #2
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 12:58
Maybe you used a savegame from a previous version of Med Pack or you modified the files alittle bit. Than you have to open the chat screen using this key: (') (without the brackets) and type: /reloadslic
But I am afraid that you have start a new game since the last update anyway if it was a Med Pack game.

Now to the AI-Entity I allready tried to readd it to the game. The video from CTP1 will played in CTP2 you will only see two black beams on the top and the buttom of the video. Of course the golden way is to remove the black beams, but it work without removing them. If you want to create an AI-Entity wonder in the game you will find in the CTP1 wonder.txt these lines:

WONDER_FLAG_ALL_CITIZENS_CONTENT
WONDER_FLAG_BREAK_DOWN_CHANCE 0.03 35

You can add a line like "AllCitizensContent" to one of the CTP2 wonders in the CTP2 wonder.txt and this wonder will make every citizen content.

And now here is the explaination why the AI-Entity was kicked out of the game:

The AI_Entity gives to the human an very unfair advantage. You can maximize the workday and minimize payments and rations without unhappiness and revolts. So if the human build this wonder he will win the game.

And now to the problem of this wonder you can't readd the revolution change no break down change flag in CTP2 therefore you are only able to create a happiness wonder and that would make the AI-Entity more powerfull than it was in CTP1 and even there it was to powerfull.

If you can draw some hut graphics than we will be able to add a stone age.

To add new units, wonders and buildings should be similar to CTP1.

Martin
Old June 21, 2001, 10:32   #3
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 11:58
Re: Some realistic ideas + bug report
Quote:
1. U should add the combat engineer, to ur mod (the one that was unused) its on Apolyton downloads and it has all but death animation.
It should have a death animation, its an Activision sprite... However, the *.tga files are rubbish, on the wrong background, and I'm allowed to say this because I made them. Somebody shoot me now
What should it do though? It looks like Activision made it to clear land-mines, but mines aren't in CTP or CTP2. When I made the *.tgas it was because I had written some CTP-SLIC for it, so that wherever it walked it destroyed terrain improvements, like pillaging, all the time. It has struck me that this is rather pointless, but the SLIC won't work in CTP2 anyway, so forgot about it.

Quote:
2. I think u should add the AI entity from ctp1 and make the movie seperate download with Stonehendge one
Martin: the wonder can be made to work as it did in CTP by making the line:
WONDER_FLAG_BREAK_DOWN_CHANCE 0.03
done through SLIC. I would think this is not too difficult. The real question is whether it is needed to balance the game. Could the AI understand the risks, would they build it. If the chances of a revolt were raised, I know I would certainly not use it, as it always revolted for me, just as I was about to win

Quote:
3. It would be good to see babarian leader and gold reward for capturing him logic in the game (just an idea)
Probably posible, possibly even easy, but probably hard to do well. (ie. Get the leader to spawn with every group of Barbarians like Civ2)

Quote:
4. And last of all this is quite a radical idea but..... it would be good to see an age before Ancient age with maybe 2 or 3 new city designs for all untill civs have own design (like current Ancient Era) in this age u could put relitivly simple Advances and few city improvements or units available until ancient era. U could include such units as Tim Stevens stone thrower (predecessor of the Bowman.
Tom Davies' slinger?
This would be cool, but I would suggest looking at Hexagonian's Cradle Of Civilization mod if you want an extended ancient/pre-ancient age.
Stoneage city graphics wouldn't be too difficult, and I have already captured the villages from the Samurai scenario as city sprites, so they are quite nice.
Maybe you could make a MedMod add-on as an added extra. I think pretty soon the MedMod will be treated as CTP2, and it would be nice to have add-on mods to choose from, to complement the "game".

~Ben