Old June 21, 2001, 09:11   #1
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 12:59
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Leader Variation (An Experiment)
An experiment: History is done by people Great Leaders. Everyone is different so he will act and react different to certain incidents, events. Also porpuses and aims are different. How to rhule a civilisation, how to explore, how to expand differs from persion to persion. The result will cause different developements of civelisations, it depents only on the person who leads the civilisation. I don't mean the leaders name if he is called Otto von Bismark, George Washington or Manco Cupac. No I man the person behind this name in a civ game: You.

Now here is a CTP2 savegame you need the Med Pack for it and the update from June 18th. You are the Leader Manco Cupac of the Incans in the year 3975BC and your capital Cusco is just founded near a beach tile.

Your are playing on impossible against nine other leaders on a random generated gigantic map. I think the map has few land and much water. I didn't checked it with the cheat editor so you are on your own. I don't know how many goods and ruins the world has. And I don't know if you are on a large continent with many civs or on a small island alone sorrounded by deep water.

And one small note about the creation method here are some lines from the userprofile.txt:

Code:
MapPlugin0=dll\\map\\geometric.dll
MapPlugin1=dll\\map\\crater.dll
MapPlugin2=dll\\map\\plasma2.dll
MapPlugin3=dll\\map\\plasma2.dll
And here my modifications to this file:

Code:
MapPlugin0=dll\\map\\geometric.dll
MapPlugin1=dll\\map\\crater.dll
MapPlugin2=dll\\map\\plasma2.dll
MapPlugin3=dll\\map\\fault.dll
Now here is the savegame, have fun, Martin.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip manco-inca-3975v.zip (89.0 KB, 8 views)
Old June 22, 2001, 18:12   #2
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 11:59
What exactly does that modification do, Martin ?
Old June 22, 2001, 19:32   #3
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 12:59
Re: What exactly does that modification do, Martin ?
Yeah you are right Ben. I kept the note about the creation method a little bit short. It has do with the random map generation. You get maps with real cold areas at the poles and real hot and dry areas at the equator and areas of forest and grassland between them. I found it here in one the of treads in one of CTP1 or CTP2 fora as I searched for the explanation how you get rid of the many annoying little islands if you are playing on oversized maps. To make a long story short I promissed me a better map from it.

So far as I know is there no effect on you current game therefore you do not need to make this modification either if you want to play this game here. What wiil be the result of your game can you win it by science diplomacy or conquest? And how will the AI behaves in your game? How many cities will you have how far will you be in science if you win and when you win?

-Martin

Last edited by Martin Gühmann; June 22, 2001 at 19:40.
Old June 23, 2001, 16:31   #4
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 11:59
Cunning plan. Sounds