View Poll Results: How important are scenarios, esp. ones that come with the game?
Very important, they are much better than random map games. 3 21.43%
I play them as much or more than random map games. 6 42.86%
I sometimes play scenarios, but prefer random map games. 5 35.71%
No scenarios! I don't like them. 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 21, 2001, 18:40   #1
Andreiguy
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 06:00
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Are scenarios important? How many do we get?
I just wanted to know how important scenarios are to everyone. Personally, they are VERY important for me; I LOVED the scenarios that came with the add-ons for Civ II. The civ 2 community produced even more fantastic one. I was also wondering what was coming with the game. I mean, will we have a couple lame scenarios (like with the original Civ II), or will what came in the add-ons all come immediately?
Old June 21, 2001, 19:54   #2
Diablo, Bro. of Mephisto
Prince

Local Time: 11:00
Local Date: October 31, 2010
In civ2, the scenarios were the only part of the game I liked, and I used the units from the different scenarios to create my own units in my own scenarios, changing them around a bit and stuff. Although they were vital for civ2, it depends on how good the single player 'campaign' is for civ3, if it is not the greatest (like civ2), then they had better add plenty of scenarios, but if its what we all hope it to be...well, just add enough for us to explore.

If scenarios are going to be added, there are 3 vital scenarios that have to be added, and they CANNOT be as crappy as they were in civ2:

The first 2 need to be historical, and the only 2 I think that would be proper enough above all others, are these:

1. World War II
2. The Roman Empire.

THe roman one, could be split into three different ones, or one huge one, the first could be the beginning of the Roman Empire, the second could be the Roman Empire at its height, and the third could be the fall of the Roman Empire, or as I suggested, combine all three, and make one great big one.

Then, there has to be 1 fictional, and I believe that many people would too, is that the one scenario that would be the best for fictional, would be:

Lord of the Rings.

Everyone likes the story, and if implemented correctly, it could work perfectly. THis is my own personal oppinion of course, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if alot of people disagreed with me.

Well, those are the 3 vital scenarios that I demand to be added, if they aren't, I will make them myself.