Old June 22, 2001, 03:49   #1
splangy
Prince

Local Time: 06:00
Local Date: October 31, 2010
calm down!
everyone seems so angry about unique civs! whats the problem? the unique bonuses? firaxis will most likely make that a option or else risk loosing the most hardened civ players. the unique units? well A- a preveiw somwhere stated that the impi will have + 1 movement over a regualar warior... damn! thatle ruin the whole game for everyone seriusly they cant be all that strong over there normal units and B-this will probably be a option if it isn't just edit the game giving noone uniques from cheat mode! soooo whats the problem?

second of all, after you make all civs equal you can build miny wonders that suit your civ and mold it into a ... say military power. for example, they said that miny wonders will be like 10 barracks allow you to build a millitary university. thus (obviosly) giving your millatary bonuses! you are now a partially unique millitary civ! so stop worrying and wait for the best tbs game ever .
Old June 22, 2001, 03:53   #2
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 13:00
splangy, all that *****ing is just a side effect of the fact (wow, this even rhymes) that firaxis have not posted an update for month and a half already.
Old June 22, 2001, 03:55   #3
LaRusso
King

hm, this is interesting,
if i write say, 'dog', everything is ok
but say i write b*tch' like in '*****' and it is deleted.
awwww, gender discrimination
Old June 22, 2001, 04:31   #4
TechWins
King

Local Time: 04:00
Splangy, your second of all crap is just what I said crap. You don't know what you're talking about. Yes Firaxis has claimed that there will be an option to turn off unique civs, it was in a thread about a month ago.

LaRusso what is that all about?
Old June 22, 2001, 04:38   #5
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 12:00
TechWins, relax, after all, it is only a game

I think the tension from no previews is showing on some of you. Damn, I bet some of you have started wetting the bed again because of it

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old June 22, 2001, 06:45   #6
LaRusso
King

Quote:
Originally posted by TechWins
Splangy, your second of all crap is just what I said crap. You don't know what you're talking about. Yes Firaxis has claimed that there will be an option to turn off unique civs, it was in a thread about a month ago.

LaRusso what is that all about?
techwins, relax try decaf and you might not be awake at such ungodly hours

well, what i was trying to say in the first post (disregard the second one) was that the anger on the forums, despair and overall disatisfaction grow with each day without official firaxis site update. we basically learned nothing about the game in the last 6 weeks (save for occasional posts by dan magaha). so there
Old June 22, 2001, 08:01   #7
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 19:00
And no more previews and/or screenshots to boot!

I think anarchy is going to run loose soon....

Old June 22, 2001, 08:51   #8
LaRusso
King

uhm, as soon as uefa draw was over, i sent one to askthecivteam@firaxis.com . let's see if they EVER read that mail.....
Old June 22, 2001, 09:03   #9
Grumbold
Emperor

Splangy, if you read the big threads about the issue you will see "why" explained in great detail. The question is not unique civs yes/no and unique units yes/no but how they go about implementing them. It is an idea with lots of potential but some of us think Firaxis are missing a brilliant opportunity by doing it the way their press announcements indicate.
Old June 22, 2001, 10:41   #10
jadlakha
Warlord

Local Time: 11:00
PPL are dumbasses if they expect Firaxis not to balance the unique units and thouroghly test it. All DECENT game companies at least make sure the game is thouroghly balanced. Also why the hell do these idiots worry about no new info??? It is common among all companies. They dont have to release any info if they dont wanna. Its no like the game is going anywhere. PPL act like its the end of the world if there are no new previews or new info coming out or the game is doomed. Why dont you ppl expend your energy elsewhere and away from this forum.
Old June 22, 2001, 12:41   #11
splangy
Prince

techwins i didn't even understand what you said, it was in such horrid english, but ill take it as a complement

everyone else, i agree that firaxis is just getting lasy but then again "good things come to those who wait" but also "in inch of time is worth an inch of gold but you cant buy a inch of time with a inch of gold" hopefully the next update will settle uniques once and for all
Old June 22, 2001, 15:15   #12
Eddin
Chieftain

Who ever said Firaxis was a decent game company?

*runs away, in the hope of escaping the crazed people of apolyton*
Old June 22, 2001, 15:52   #13
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

If the choice is,
1. write another line of code or test a line of code.
2. spend that time updating us.

I choose 1 every time.

I would prefer we don't see anything new because everytime we do, it is analyized under a microscope, then argued about, then critisized. God, I hope they've stopped looking in on us, and just finish the damn game. I don't think they need to tease us anymore or need anymore hairbrained ideas. They've accomplished their desire to increase a pent up demand/expectation for the game.

RAH
rantmode/off
Old June 22, 2001, 16:06   #14
TechWins
King

Local Time: 04:00
Splangy I wouldn't take it as a complement. If you do something is wrong with you. I was just kidding anyways.

LaRusso I was talking about the second thing you wrote not the first.

Jadlakha you really don't have much room to talk about us needing to get a life when you almost post once a day. You probably stay on here all day just reading because your too stupid to post anything worth anybody's while. Of course just right after you've got done looking at your favorite site, (www.gaybjsgalore.com). I'm not sure if this is an actual site or not but I'm sure he goes to ones like these all the time, not willing to see if it's a real site or not. We don't worry about getting a preview or not, we just want a preview so we can now more about the game. What people are saying in this thread is a thing I'm sure you're not too familiar with, a joke. Also I think you need to grasp the concept of not being a jackass, you should try it some time.