Old June 24, 2001, 13:57   #1
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 06:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Possible AI Strategies
hell, i know it's too late to impliment (i think) but i'd like to see a list of strategies an AI should know when attacking, instead of just flailing units at my cities.

so lets do it out of civ 2 strategies.

[list=1][*]stacking other sea units with AGEIS cruisers to prevent missle attacks[*]pillaging IMPORTANT roads/rails[*]use fortresses on MOUNTAINS if available, not surrounding plains or grasslands[*]use bottlenecks to their advantage[*]use alternate routes of attack[/list=1]
Old June 24, 2001, 17:52   #2
joseph1944

Re: Possible AI Strategies
Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
hell, I know it's too late to implement (I think) but I'd like to see a list of strategies an AI should know when attacking, instead of just flailing units at my cities.

so lets do it out of civ 2 strategies.

[list=1][*]stacking other sea units with AEGIS cruisers to prevent missile attacks[*]pillaging IMPORTANT roads/rails[*]use fortresses on MOUNTAINS if available, not surrounding plains or grasslands[*]use bottlenecks to their advantage[*]use alternate routes of attack[/list=1]
1. 3, 4, and 5 I don't know about.
2, Dan M. has already said that if the AI find a road or colony without Military support they will destroy it to prevent you from using the resource that may be connected to your cities.
Hey one out of four is not bad for a start. Maybe more will come. We just have wait for Firaxis to tell us.

Old June 25, 2001, 20:04   #3
Peter Triggs
CTP2 Source Code ProjectCivilization IV Creators
King

Local Time: 11:04
What I'd really like to know is:

1) Will we have access to a strategies.txt (and all the other necessary AI text files), and

2) Will the game come equipped with a (hopefully, C-like) programming language that allows us to hook into the AI's code.

In this case we'll be able to define our own strategies and get the AI to use them. This is what I'm really looking forward to and will be incredibly disappointed if we can't do it.
Old June 25, 2001, 20:54   #4
TechWins
King

Local Time: 04:04
Quote:
Dan M. has already said that if the AI find a road or colony without Military support they will destroy it to prevent you from using the resource that may be connected to your cities.
If a nation that you have a peace treaty with decides to do this will this be considered an act of war? I sure hope so.

Another strategy I hope the AI knows is bombardment.