Old June 27, 2001, 00:08   #1
Cavalcadeus
Warlord

Local Time: 06:08
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Ww79
For awhile I have been playing the ww79 scenario that came with CiC. I just found a map and thought that it would be great for making a revision to that scenario. Would anybody be interested in a revised ww79 scenario? If there is enough interest I will make it.
Old June 27, 2001, 15:02   #2
SetuSinger
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:08
A revised version of the ww79-scen would be really great! When I had just bought the CiC-Add on (I think it was in 1997) this was my favourite scenario, so a newer Version would be 100% cool!

Old June 27, 2001, 21:37   #3
master on high
King

Prushka made a revised version, so maybe you should look for that. Only he has the latest version though...
Old June 28, 2001, 23:54   #4
Cavalcadeus
Warlord

Cities
Well I started work on the map and ran into some problems. The map cuts out everything south of the southern Egyptian border, so the less used areas ( South Pacific, Australia, Indian Ocean, South and Central Africa, South Atlantic, and most of South America ) are gone to make more room for the more used areas. Now for the problems:

In the original version Turkey was part of the Middle Easterners but I think that they are allied with Israel. Should they become neutral, Western European, or stay Middle Eastern?

Berlin. In the original version it was Western European but Berlin is within Eastern Germany. Western European or Soviet?

Suez canal. Should it be a city or a open (usable by everyone) passage?

That's about all so far. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old June 29, 2001, 00:49   #5
Eternal
King

Re: Cities
Quote:
In the original version Turkey was part of the Middle Easterners but I think that they are allied with Israel. Should they become neutral, Western European, or stay Middle Eastern?
Turkey is in NATO, which might make it closer ot Israel, but it is also an arabic state. Perhaps under a fundie leadership it could be against Israel.

Quote:
Berlin. In the original version it was Western European but Berlin is within Eastern Germany. Western European or Soviet?
3/4ths of the city were under Western German control. However Berlin was the East German capital, whereas West Germany had made Bonn it's capital by 1979.

Quote:
Suez canal. Should it be a city or a open (usable by everyone) passage?
I vote for it being open. Though if it is only one space to move through it will result in huge traffic jams anyway since the AI isn't smart about those things.
Old June 29, 2001, 06:22   #6
SetuSinger
Chieftain

I'm for making Turkey a neutral country, because its never been a real extreme fundie-country.

Berlin should become a communist city, because if Berlin would be controlled by the western states, there would be no room for showing that there where 2 german States in the cold war.

The suez canal should be open for everyone.

My suggestion is also to replace all the original civ2 units, because I think there should be different units for each block.
Old June 29, 2001, 19:56   #7
Cavalcadeus
Warlord

Weekend
I am leaving this weekend to go to my grandparents anniversary. It is a 3 hour drive so I will take my laptop and get some more work done. And yes Pol Pot, I am working on a totaly new unit selection with different units for each block.
Old July 2, 2001, 21:11   #8
Cavalcadeus
Warlord

I'm Back
I'm back and I have made all of the changes except for Turkey. I'm still undecided on it.
Old July 5, 2001, 00:12   #9
Cavalcadeus
Warlord

Update
Here is an update for anybody who cares:
I finished placing the cities. Berlin is Soviet, Turkey is Middle Eastern (to allow them to harass europe) and the Suez is open.
Starting work on the units.
Old July 11, 2001, 15:10   #10
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Local Time: 03:08
But Turkey's part of NATO. Just because it's predominantly Muslim doesn't mean it's fundamentalist. There're and have been fundamentalist segments of society. But mostly the military's in control, and the constitution and practice strictly separate church and state. Plus, unlike most mid easterners, Turks aren't Arabs. I don't really think anything could easily push Turkey to side w/ the other states