Old June 27, 2001, 17:25   #1
Father Beast
King

Local Time: 04:10
Local Date: October 31, 2010
petition blizzard to fix the Diablo II save syatem!!
I want to send a letter to those guys at Blizzard, asking them to please please, PLEASE fix the awful save system used in Diablo II
something like this:

We are a group of Diablo fans who loved (and still love) the great game Diablo, and looked forward to the glories of Diablo II with great eagerness.
But our enthusiasm has been cut short by the save system used in Diablo II. We take the precious few minutes of computer play time we have to indulge in Diablo II (or we would like to) (just as we gleefully always did with Diablo), and find that our time has been wasted, for the monsters we have killed repopulated the scenery every time we had to get off the game for whatever reason. Going and hunting down all the monsters in an area used to be a joy, now it has become a chore.
This single attribute of Diablo II has caused a lot of us rabid Diablo fans to become endlessly frustrated with trying to play Diablo II. When we play a game, we prefer to fight with the enemies in the game, not with the game itself!
Entire families of Diablo fans have become frustrated with trying to play Diablo II, and given up and gone back to playing good old Diablo. A little limited, but at least the game itself doesn't limit your enjoyment.
We realize that this system is basically what was standard for Diablo multiplayer from the beginning, but many of us did not only have players in the multiplayer slots. we enjoyed playing the GAME, and not just a character.
At this point, a Diablo II expansion pack (Lords Of Destuction) has been released. If the save system has not been adressed in that pack, most of us who couldn't enjoy Diablo II as originally released will pass it by.
If, However, a future expansion pack does fix the awful save system used so far in Diablo II, I can assure you that many of us who Haven't even bought the original release of Diablo II will go and buy it and the neccesary expansion pack, so we can enjoy the latest version of one of our favorite games.
Because as it is, we really want to enjoy it, but the game stops us.

tell me if you guys would be behind me
Old June 27, 2001, 17:57   #2
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Local Time: 11:10
Good idea. I would support it, although I'll buy the XP anyway.
Old June 28, 2001, 09:31   #3
John-SJ
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 03:10
Father Beast,

I am in full agreement with what you say, and for the same reasons.

I have not, and will not buy the expansion as long as the save system is not fixed. (I use the word fixed because I consider it broken as it is)

If you write a petition, I'll sign! If this thread is the petition then count me in. I have D2 but I will buy nothing more until the save system is fixed.

John-SJ
Old June 28, 2001, 18:15   #4
OldWarrior_42
Prince

Local Time: 06:10
Ok... here is the point. This so called petition will do nothing. First of all, are you going to be the one to send it to the correct person or persons at Blizzard entertainment?

Second, when do you propose to do this, as the xpack is on shelves at this moment. What would have to happen is a quick 1000 or so names on a petition and then a patch.

In case you don't know, many people will still buy the xpack even if the save system is not as it was in DI.

And I do not forsee Blizzard worrying about sales being effected by a few dozen or even a few thousand names that would be willing to sign and boycott the xpack.

As witnessed by the sales of over 4 million for DII and over 2 million in Pre-Orders for the Xpack.

I'm sorry if I am sounding nasty. I am not trying to be that way. I am just being realistic and trying to get you to see that if it hasn't been already done that way in the xpack, then there surely will be no change forthcoming in a patch.

Your efforts are commendable and fully supported by me.... just unrealistic. Sorry..... but thanks anyway.