Old June 28, 2001, 11:30   #1
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 11:10
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The Chiron Chronicle: Grand Plan
-First I would like to congratulate all authors of The Chiron Chronicle, past and present

XWaste (Possibly the greatest Chiron Chronicle author ever)
Guardian (A master storyteller)
Argonaut (Lots of good contributions)
Cyber (Your authorship has proceeded nicely... you craft a great story)
Natan (Thank you for your participation)
[Lord LMP] (The map and the rule collections have been invaluable to the game)
Sprayber (Always interesting tales)
SMAC Fanatic (Lots of good contributions)
All Others (Many thanks)

-However, I would like to implement all of the author's talents into a great work,
a great war or a great intrigue:

Quote:
Perhaps we should work out a grand plan for more interactions between the factions;
first we should post how active we should be able to be in the coming works
A rating of 1= "I'll be able to post a 1 page post once a week"
A rating of 2= "I'll be able to post 2 times a week"
A rating of 3= "I'll be able to post 3 times a week"
A rating of 4= "I'll be able to make a large story 3 times a week"
A rating of 5= "I'll be able to post 4 times a week"
A rating of 6= "I'll be able to post 5 times a week"
A rating of 7= "I'll be able to post 6 times a week"
A rating of 8= "I'll be able to post 7 times a week"
A rating of 9= "I'll be able to post every day and make the posts long"
A rating of 10= "I'll be able to carry the story on my back"

People with ratings of 10 approach XWaste and Guardianesque standards...
(thank you Guardian for writing so much recently)

I should have anywhere from a 5-8 level involvement
-
What should we do?
A war?
... What if several people's sub factions (examples: Cult of War, Perfect Society)
meet up and join together to overthrow a faction or take over something... or they
unite with another faction and destroy a faction completely.)
(Someone starts on a project to return to earth and it is sabotauged)
(The aliens arrive?)
(A faction manages to unite the world, but the conquered civs still have followers and
sabotauge the faction *I don't think any faction can do this now...)
(We create a new group of characters who are probes and who 'control' the political words of
several leaders in various ways
1. blackmail
2. persuasion
3. 'favors'
4. support of the people
5. stay in power, etc.
Old June 28, 2001, 16:14   #2
Natan
Prince

Local Time: 06:10
So, couldn't find anything good to say about me, eh Darkcloud?

I think we should tie this all in with the Believer-Planet Cult war. Some of the sub-factions could get involved in mercenary work, and then we could have Council resolutions, sneaky deals, etc. with all of the factions trying to benefit from the war. I think the key thing is to avoid a titanic war between the Chiron alliance and its enemies, as it would be a lot of work for all of us, very stressful, and probably not that interesting.

edit: I think I'm a 3 on that scale, though it could go down to a two.
Natan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29, 2001, 07:27   #3
Cyber
Warlord

Local Time: 13:10
Thanks for the kind words, Darkcloud .

I´ll be probably able rate my activity as 3-5. Not sure.

Anyway, I´d be interested in seeing the Cult of War and Perfect society meet up, make an alliance if possible, and then start converting the people on the central continent. As I´ve understood, the Perfect Society wants to basicly subvert the rest of the world to its side.
Well, surprise surprise, so does the Cult of War As they are in a status of the "official religion" in Sparta, they have a good starting ground, and they even have one base in their control, Temple of War, on the island north of the central continent.
What do you think, Darkcloud?

Last edited by Cyber; June 29, 2001 at 07:33.
Cyber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29, 2001, 12:28   #4
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

The Believer-Planet Cult War might be interesting, but "Planet" (Christantine the Great) has left Apolyton and refuses to come back.

I agree... The Chiron Chronicle needs somehting different from a Grand War... something more on the scale of a type of intrigue.

Natan- Your stories are great- I just needed to say something different to you than everyone else- I didn't want to make the praise seem generic.

Cyber- I'm all for the Cult of War and the Perfect Society meeting up! How do you want them to meet? Should the CoW contact the PS or should the PS contact the CoW?
Old June 29, 2001, 14:08   #5
[LordLMP]

First of all, i don't think Perfect Society and Cult of War seriously know of each other. Spartans still have a probe team in Zarya-Sunrise and at Peacekeeper Island doing nothing but standing around.

The Alien Center will come, just waiting for some peace treaty to finally happen between PK and spartans. And waiting after the Global Trade Summit is done. After that happens, can decide when the aliens shows up.

Just to say, the Global trade Summit suppose to be a bit of a threat to the Perfect Societies plans to "take control" of the Morgan Faction. As it would allow foreign companies to get into Morgan markets, Stock exchange and so on. For the Pirates, would useful to keep the Morganites in check by having their companies own part of the faction, and may eventually discover the Perfect Society and their plans. There is still the Larionov Forces about, small at the moment, but still about, hanging around Morgan Territory and where they reestablish the Larionov Merchant Company, which is small at the moment, but will parttake in the Global Summit.

Its funny have a fungus patch rapiddly appeared by a unknown alien missile in middle of Eastern Continent,between the Spartans and Peacekeepers and no one make a thing of it...ain't it odd? anyway, Antimind wormies are developing there... there is a antimind base at the northern island not to far from the alien center and another in a small island south-west of Mount Planet. Planetmind and Antimind is busy fighting each other in the background, but may eventually appear in the foreground when they start fighting each other at various factions territories. the Antimind threat is still about.

The believers will be sending a major strike force towards the CoPs newest base north of the Unity Wreckage....most of the CoP and believer battles will be at the Unity Wreckage and whereever between the CoP newest base and Far Jericho.

SMAC Fanatic, in CC, CoP is fungus crazy, want to plant fungus everywhere, but does to various mining at squares not covered by fungus, which is few at that neck of the woods. and CoP still have some units at the Eastern Continent, which i think are about to leave to go back to the western continent to fight the Believers.

in the next 5-10 game years, we may eventually get into a space race too with satellites and so on.

I am not interested in Grand War either, but it is not that hard, just don't go into details to much like we have with the spartan war. more like news reports of battles, conflicts and so on like we have done in the Central continent a bit.

Kane's Hive may get back into Hive territory without Yang noticing at first at a new hive base south point at the Cape. Get there by sea. The base is currently cut off from rest of hive and pop there still small, new base and all. The colony pod was sent by Kane before his force left Hive. Natan can take control of Kane and his units if he so wish too.
Old June 29, 2001, 14:48   #6
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

I agree with LMP that the cult of war and the Perfect Society shouldn't know much of each other if anything. And if the Cult of War is so patriotic why would they have anything to do with the Prefect Society in the first place if their goal is to subvert all the factions? When the current regime in Sparta learns of this and don't think that they won't, the Cult of War would be eliminated from Spartan society. Kessel already doesn't think too much of them to begin with. His first and foremost concern is to keep Sparta pure.

As for a grand war. You can count the Spartans out. Unless someone moves against them they will be content to let their enemies kill each other.

My suggestion might be to conclude the peace treaty, Kessel will be going to haven city soon, and the global trade summit and then advance the years a little. That way we can settle things and set the stage for either an enlarged beliver-COP war, aliens arivial, or a simple race for the alien artifact. Or maybe a combination of the above.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29, 2001, 14:55   #7
DarkCloud
staff

Having a race for an alien artifact sounds best out of all the options you listed, Sprayber.

The CoW might or might not know of the Perfect Society- If they do meet, the Perfect Society won't like them, because they support war, but they will attempt to "use" them. (Whether or not the CoW would let themselves be used is for the CoW to decide.)

They probably don't know of each other... but it would be an adventure for the two sub-factions to find each other.

The Global Trade Summit foiling the Perfect Society sounds good...
Old June 29, 2001, 15:00   #8
Cyber
Warlord

Darkcloud, i think the two subfactions should "bump" into each other while converting "heretics". they might not like each other much, but might still work together( with deals like dividing the central continent)
Right now they are solidifying their post at the North island, but are almost ready to move towards the central continent. I´m not talking about moving military units, but plain missionary conversion, aimed at the multitude of Data Angel sea bases south, bases not so close to the leaders and more of a barbaric frontier. This conversion will not be spy stuff but the good ol´ "Convince and convert" strategy used even now by practicly all churces, aimed by the CoW towards drones, right-wing lunatics and other malcontents of the society. A group, believe or not, sizeable in even a civilised democracy style qoverment.
Of course, the bloody CoW doctrines and rituals will have to be "cleaned up" or rather made more civilised, before the conversions can start, but that shouldn´t be a problem.
You wouldn´t believe how easily people can be re-brainwashed.

A little more about the strategy. Starting as a "church" peaceful and open to everyone needing help, the CoW will start infiltrating every crack and crevise until they will be a sizeable force, and then start making trouble. Simple as hell, but ultimately in the long run very effective.

Sprayber, you shouldn´t try to eliminate the Cult of War. Might be too hard, as the Cult has dig its root deep into Sparta, and ripping them out might cause major troubles. You could say, the Cult is a vital part of Sparta. Besides they aren´t contaminating anything, just spreading their religion, and by that way pawing way for a more friendly attitude towards Sparta, other than inside Spartan borders They shall always be loyal to their home, Sparta.

Last edited by Cyber; June 29, 2001 at 15:11.
Old June 29, 2001, 18:45   #9
Argonaut
Prince

How about an Assassination?
Just an idea, but what about somebody (possibly a faction leader) biting the big one? Personally, I'd like to see the Chiron Alliance broken up due to inner turmoil. It's just two powerful. Plus all good things must come to an end. I've tried to stir up crap, telling off the Pirates etc. but the Peacekeepers and Cyborgs have been so nice
The race for the Alien artifact could contribute. Maybe greed over takes loyalty and each of the factions might want it for their own, screw their allies.
I'm happy to go along with whatever, and if my post rate can increase substantially if something big starts to happen. If nothing major shows up, I could throw a wrench into the wheel Roze REALLY doesn't like Morgan.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29, 2001, 19:29   #10
Sprayber
Emperor

I've been trying to raise concern about the Pirates being so powerful but everyone seems to be in love with everyone else in the Chiron Alliance. But the PK's have been flexing muscle as of late. Their reltionship to the Cyborgs isn't what it used to be.

Cyber- I said if they find out that the cult of war has been cooperating with someone outside the Federation. As long as the cult remembers who runs Sparta and who they serve then all will be fine. If not. The cult of war may find converts in the Pirates and some others but ultimately those factions will do what is necessary to restrain their influinces. Unless you do it covertly, established churches won't last long. And the official Spartan government will not risk getting into another war that pits Sparta against the rest of Chiron.

But like Argonaut I am happy to go along with whatever is decided.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old June 30, 2001, 01:56   #11
[LordLMP]

Svensgaard is just misunderstood by the outside world :P He ain't greedy or power hungry, just want his faction to live peaceful among the sea :P to keep the peace, he needs big arse navy and military to defend and to keep all other factions in check. He is not into war, but knows that sometimes it idnevetable. He doesn't trust the Spartans or the Hive, both capable of establishing rival naval force if not kept in check. Svensgaard as hoped that the Spartan Navy could be annihilated during the Spartan War, but failed :/ There is a reason that the Pirates shot first He cares more about his faction, his people than others. Pirates are PIRATES, mainly good Pirates They are into freedom and doing what they want. The Law may not be as strong as in other factions, but living mostly in naval bases, where is bit more tight compare to land bases and isolated to rest of the world and so on, hard to be thief in a pirate society :P try to rape, abuse. commit a crime and so on, other people go and beat the hoot out of, even killed. the populace is technicly their own police force mainly :P And the idea of religion barely exist in the Pirate faction...sure they have a simple belief of God and so on, but don't make a big deal out of compare to the Believers..... So trying to "Convert" pirates will be hard, where they are use to not being so limited by rules and so on. Also, Pirate bases are practicly isolated from each other and rest of the world. Also, Pirates have the second best probe teams on Chiron, so will be hard to infiltrate :P

Svensgaard interests:
-Keep good relations with the Data Angels, since both their factions are so alike, just different styles... even if Svensgaard and Roze mouth each other out, doesn't mean both factions people will hate each other over it. Also, they also have a big naval presence.
-Keep good relations with Free Drones for many reasons: Trade, Resources, Friend on the East Continent, to help improve their military so they can keep the Spartans and Hive in check, and so on.
-Keep good relations with the Peacekeepers. He respects them to be the Peacekeepers, but mainly because they also have a big naval presence :P
-Keep good relations with Gaians, just to be friends, keep planetmind off his back by acquire various knowledge and techs on green techniques and so on. to learn to train their own mindworms...mainly IoDs.
-Keep good relations with Cyborgs mainly because they are neighbours, first foreign faction they ever met, and they are move advance. Svensgaard doesn't trust them due to their high research, but still interested in acquiring knowledge from them.
-to keep SPartans and Hive in check in various ways
-improve relations with the Morganites, have pirate companies to get part of their market and keep them in check Economicly.
-University..phhtt. don't trust them :P
-Cult, rather ignore them, only interact when his interests parallels dawn's
-Believer, bit scary :P not sure what to do with them, so stay neutral with them.
-keep the sea safe for his people from any possible threats
-keep an eye on everyone
-etc

me going to bed now...........
Old June 30, 2001, 11:52   #12
DarkCloud
staff

Cult of War/ Perfect Society
... In that case Cyber, where should they meet, on whose lands?

Okay, the options now are

1. Alien Artifact Race
2. Intrigue
3. Assassination
4. Several countries broken apart from inside by squabbles
5. Aliens arrive

(did I miss any options)

-
I could go with
#'s 1,2,3,4 right now, with the preferable ones
#1,3
Old June 30, 2001, 14:25   #13
Cyber
Warlord

I´d like to see #2,3 or 4 happen.
Darkcloud- As I said, the CoWs are heading towards the lands south of the north island, towards the Data Angel and pirate bases, but might send a couple preachers to Morganite lands. I say, let one of the Morgan bases be the meating ground? Fine by you?
The cooperation between the two subfactions should be kept however, limited, as Spray indicated Big Momma Sparta would be pissed off. Besides, the two subfactions wouldn´t like each others ideologies anyway

The CoWs are covert all the time( or at least until they are powerful enough to come out form the backstage), and on a "peaceful" mission of spreading their view of God. This mission will soon however turn into a full-scale rioting and attempts to overthrow the current "tyrant" government, as soon as they have enough power in the host factions. I don´t mind if some of them get caught in the process, and are thrown to the lions, so to speak. Martyrs will be quite a good add to the PR side

LordLMP-according to you, the pirates have an outrageous navy, they´re not vulnerable to conversion, they have excellent probe teams etc. So what are their weak points? Do they have any? Anyway, I see their isolation, tendencies towards lynch parties, and general lawlessness an ideal chance to spread the holy word of Sun Tzu amongst the pirates. The isolationism means less education and more superstition, the lynch parties gives away that a pirate base is ruled more by the mobs( and you all know how stupid the masses can be), and the lawlessness as a perfect weapon to be turned towards the government. The CoWs could even contact the Larionov forces and cooperate with them also. What do you think?
Old June 30, 2001, 22:41   #14
[LordLMP]

Not run by "mobs". The Leadership, Governors and so on still have authourity, just that bases have higher since of community, in a pirate kind of way. CoW would have to find someway to sneak in a pirate base, which is quite hard as Security screens the foreigners and keeps track of them... anyway, pirates won't except any spartan people in their bases :P and inflitration is hard because bases on out on sea or islands, good probeteams/security and doubt many will get into this religion of War nonsence. CoW may have it easy in finding "converts" in Sparta, doesn't mean it will be anywhere else. University seems vulnerable at the moment to outside influences :P as the whole faction is political turmoil with various groups of people, like the Anarchists, Anti-Cyborgs, Perfect Society, Anti-Data Angels, Pro-Cyborgs, Pro-Isolation, Anti-Isolation, Pro-Trade, Pro-Pure Research and so on....
The Larionov Forces is mainly anti-cyborg, pro-privateering, into trade and money, anti-Svensgaard, causing trouble etc... not the kind of people who will start believing in the "Religion of War".
Pirates have their weaknesses, just not what you stated. Can say Svensgaard doesn't have the expertise in Diplomacy :P

I can Accept sub-factions with some relation to the mother faction, but will not like to see CC start having bunch of new splinter factions, especially all about the same time, doesn't make sence and unrealistic. It is also diverting away from the sence of SMAC/X. Civil Wars is fine with me, but not interested in seeing any Faction to split into various new factions. its silly.

Not into the idea of SMAX leaders getting assasinated...maybe made up leaders who taken over control of the faction, but not the originals.

Its Alien Center, not alien artifact :P to get the aliens coming, we have the Alien Center go on. the Center would be a old subpace communication place, aswell as a old alien outpost with some goodies and tech maybe. I already have the whole introduction of the alien center ready in my mind, just waiting until Global Trade Summit is done...don't want factions to kill each other there now :P and leaders don't need to attend, just trade representives. and all factions who are attending the Summit will get Planetary Economics.
Old July 1, 2001, 01:27   #15
Cyber
Warlord

Yeah, the University seems vulnerable, but geographicly they are hard to get to from the north island, and besides, the CoWs are looking for a more of a "Alliance" target to spread havoc into.

LordLMP, you can say for yourself that you, that you wont believe the "Religion of War" crap, but can you say for every person in the pirate bases? Yeah, it might be hard converting them, but after all, what isn´t?
Besides, I think I´m going to change that religion a bit, to a more kinder form. Something like "Religion of Freedom", and "with the help of weapons" added in a very small font
The Cult of war doesn´t want to convert the larionov forces, but to just cooperate with them.

Anyway, I was wondering if I could take control of some other faction also? I was thinking about the Free Drones. The Cult of Planet i don´t like taking, because their in a war now, and theres always a hellawa heap of text to write when a faction is in a war. I don´t think a have the time for that.
Old July 1, 2001, 12:35   #16
DarkCloud
staff

Cyber- you can have the Free Drones

Morganite lands sounds good for a meeting- how about you write about the meeting first... I just have a feeling it will sound better for the story for your faction to 'discover' the Perfect Society and follow one of their 'secretive' members to the meeting and 'be recruited' then contact and set up relations between the two political groups.

But, you can have them meet however you want. Or I could write the meeting if you like.

LMP, my idea, at least, is that The Perfect Society is primarily Morganite and University people who are trying to unite the two factions and all of chiron, In reality they are an Illegal Political Group, not a real faction.

Morgan and the University will be attending the Global Trade Summit.
Old July 1, 2001, 15:03   #17
Sprayber
Emperor

Cyber-So you want the another faction and the cult of war. Why don't you write it up somehow that the COW leaves sparta for your new faction so that the Spartans can go their separate way. Before you came back I was going to have demanoraes (sp) and some of the cult conspire to kill Kessel before he had the meeting with Lal. Of course then Kessel would have tried to wipe the cult from Sparta. Why don't we modifiy it so that some members of the cult try to kill Kessel and he ends up bannishing them or something. Because of all that there will be some conflicts about who owns Temple of War. Even though it is a cult base, it is built from Spartan materials, and was started up with Spartan supplies.

Did no one like the idea of advancing the years just a little after the peace is made and the summit is over? Just 5 years or so in order to move into whatever grand plan people decide upon.
Old July 1, 2001, 17:15   #18
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Hmmm... I see you guys have been busy over the past few days...
This is just a short note to let you know that I'm not completely out of it. The Peacekeepers are still out there keeping an eye on things, just not making a lot of fuzz about it at the moment...
I too will go along with more or less whatever you guys come up with. -Up to a certain point, that is...

Just don't get any funny ideas about Peacekeepers being receptive to conversion by Cult of War missionaries because they are into freedom or some crap like that... not no but hell no!

Oh, and the PK security forces are still stalking those ex-Spartan probe team members...
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2001, 17:34   #19
DarkCloud
staff

If we are going to advance the game a few years- I would like to wait until a few days after the Global Trade Summit... enough time for me to do something with Morgan and the Perfect Society and for everyone to write some cliffhangers. (and invest in the Morgan Stock Exchange MSE)

After that, I think we can advance 5 years in time... (Just in time for the next University Election)

What if the Cult of War leaders murder the leader of the Free Drones (or some other faction close to the Spartans) and take control of the other faction [note: this is way out in left field and possibly impossible to feasibly do in the story... but it is an idea, that if implemented correctly, could work well.]
Old July 2, 2001, 06:29   #20
Cyber
Warlord

Darkcloud- Sounds good to me. But I think The Perfect Society will find them out first, because the CoW preachers are going to be very active, and vary of only goverment forces, not expecting another underground organisation to pop out. Also, The Perfect Society surely has much more webs of connections around the Morganite faction.
Anyway, i think you should write the meating, as I´m not so familiar( due to recent absencies and tons of unread posts) with The Perfect Society.
The meating should occur a while after the preachers have been sent from their home base(Temple of War). Current conversion targets are: Data angel northern sea bases, north Pirate sea bases and coastal Morganite bases.

Spray- The idea about the CoW trying to assasinate Kessel is an excellent one. That would give the Cult independence and Domai alot of problems, when the pouring Cult masses would be exiled away from their homeland, with no other place to go but to Free Drone territory and the Outback north from Sparta.( Damn, this is getting biblical )
I think the ownership of Temple of War is quite clear.
There virtually shouldn´t be any Spartans there, and their chances to get to the base are slim, even using the same air transport unit that the cultist use.
However, even if they get there, they´ll have a bloody battle to win before they can capture the base

Guardian- don´t worry, the CoW preachers aren´t going to touch a peacekeeper even with a long stick (They´re preferably goingto shoot em)

BTW, murdering the leader of Free Drones isn´t such a good idea in my opinion. I´ll give this Free Drones vs Cult of War some serious thinking.
Old July 2, 2001, 07:34   #21
Clear Skies
Prince

Please, not yet MORE splinter factions...

Does no-one else think that this story is quite complicated enough already? After all, there are 12 original human factions, plus the two alien ones if they ever actually come into the story - has no-one built the Empath Guild yet?

What with the Cult of War, the Perfect Society, independent bases, the Pro-War PKs, Daniel Jakhobs-Howell and everyone else...to be perfectly honest I can't keep up. I think we're straying too far from the bounds of SMAC/X, I mean you don't suddenly see a nation breaking up into hundreds of component parts wihtout a long conflict, do you?

My 2p, see if it does any good.
"Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman
Clear Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2, 2001, 13:10   #22
DarkCloud
staff

SMAC Fanatic:

These are not new factions, they are political groups!

-Jakhobs-Howell is a person who is a radical
-Perfect Society is attempting to unite the world, but with Morganite and University influences
-Cult of War is a religion

None of these owns a city. The Perfect Society is a political group 'in charge' of the University- however political groups that cross faction boundaries are illegal in the University and Morganite Territory and so they do not want to announce themselves as such.

Cyber-

Okay, I'll write the meeting- just tell me in an OOC in the story when you have all your units in place for the meeting.

,Thanks!
Old July 2, 2001, 14:37   #23
Clear Skies
Prince

You know what I mean DarkCloud. Already too many different groups scattered around here and there. Too many to keep track of. If every faction is going to subfactionate into so many different groups there's just going to be widespread chaos and the whole thing will just get stupid.
"Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman
Old July 2, 2001, 17:33   #24
DarkCloud
staff

Possibly... Possibly now- I've been working up to my groups for a long time now. I can eliminate the Planet Health Service in a snap (they're in a trial right now)

Jakhobs-Howell is getting a consciousness (Do you get the joke? He came from the Cybernetic Consciousness )

Zakharov is trying to regain his faction.

The Perfect Society is trying to consolidate matters...

It gives me something to write about when you and Argonaut have nothing to say in the story...
-
About new groups, just consider this: all groups that arre splinters that are currently on Chiron are technically people who just religiously follow ONE part of their faction's belief and want the faction to only follow that ONE belief.

As Game GM I believe that this is all right for the story- it adds more depth.
Old July 3, 2001, 15:07   #25
[LordLMP]

Against having more splinter factions and groups. Like SMAC Fanatic says, complicated enough.

I am AGAINST assinations of any SMAX Leaders, maybe assination attempts, but not successful ones. Especially Domai!!! He has done nothing wrong and anyway, would create many problems in that corner of the world which may cause another war with the hive and spartans, where the Alliance move in to up and pooof, entire new conflict right soon after the last one. No assinations of Original Leaders.

I am up in moving the game 5 years, but after the Global Summit and the alien center thing starts. Then we'll get a cutscene story of what happened concerning the Alien Center and bit about the PLanetmind/Antimind war and what the factions as been up to in the last five years.

In my opinion, rather this game focus more into Diplomacy type play then internal turmoils.

Cyber - Don't have to have a lot of writing about the Cult-Believer war. So far, its mainly headline news with not much description. Can still keep it that way. Anyway, I think Cult of Planet would suit you more than Free Drones. I AM terrified what you would do with the Free Drones after how you runned the Spartans and how you created the cult of war. i am simply being honest.

Also, suggest you create story of how the CoW started going to Morgan territory, hmm? Temple of War is still cut off from rest of Sparta, including the CoW there. Would need to find someway to get there without creating to much attention.

Pirates are into Freedom and are also believe Individuality. After reading what kind of problems religion could do back on earth, it is not attractive. and serious to complex and may get in into bunch of moral arguments. This is advance sci-fi society, hard to see a crazy belief in war to spawn. And can't use the Freedom thing on Chiron Alliance, as they are into freedom!!! Will not work. and you have to have some realistic way of how they got into the faction in the first place. Alliance members are quite secured security wise, especially since that nuking of SeaQuest of yours. Price for reintroducing mushroom clouds to chiron. Anyway, don't want Pirates to deal with a religious group as it will not logicly work. If i want to have problems by Fundies, would be withe Believers. Already have tension problems with the believers in Nessus Sea.

another thing, the Pirates don't have a base on the northern island, just sea bases near it which cannot easily be infiltrated due to several factors. there is also Data Angels sea bases between Temple of War and the Morganites. And they have the best Probe teams on Chiron.

For Anyone to serious create problems in the Alliance is to focus in disrupting trade, not propaganda and "conversion". make some ambushs, conspire some incident that would make the pirates look bad... There is also a Prison Island, which does have some political prisoners, like Larionov himself. try to increase some anti-cyborg sentiment in general than just random terrorist acts in university. and so on.

SMAC Fanatic, what is your ideas? Plans for the Cyborgs?
Already place some ideas in the story..like the Hidden University bases experimenting with Fusion Power, Cyborgs have some secret hidden connection to those hidden bases and so on.

My Macky as members all over the place.....they are mainly observers and "guardians" of humanity :P they have some special quirks about them. They will get involve in somethings in chiron to either prevent, create and so on for sake of humanity, but behind the scenes type thing. as practicly everyone else on chiron don't know about them, abd majority of earth didn't know of them since their founding. LMP is one
Old July 3, 2001, 15:42   #26
[LordLMP]

Argonaut - if you want something to do, I am sure the data angels will have some trouble at Morgan Bank with various morganite citizens who are against Data Angel rule.
Argonaut, how far did your people go to be to detect the CoW people who poped a the unity pod? Its still a large island

Darkcloud, Cyber - Explain to me how the Cult of War got into Morgan territory without any form of detection, hmm? with pirate and data angels ships/needjets travel about? Cyber, explain to me how Air Transports got to Temple of War from Sparta, hmm? Especially when Temple of War is to far from Sparta, since the Pirates went into the Upland Wastes and scared off the Spartans from the Air Base there? How they flew there without being detected by Free Drones, Pirates and Kesselm hmm? Suggestions, never bring things up in the story without proper explanation of how it happened, especially concerning an action that would of taken a period of time that has already been covered. I very doubt Cyber CoW would be able to transfer 40k people to the island, aswell as additional equipment, in some mysterious way, without Kessel knowing? I am sure that many people would be missed in Sparta. And don't use extra fuel tanks as one explanation as you needed extra fuel tanks from the Air Base that is no longer there to get to the island in the first place. And with free drones starting to have an air force, i am sure they would detect these mysterious transports and intercept. and the sea in the northern isn't empty as Pirates ships travel there too, aswell some Free Drone ones.

Also Cyber, if you seriously want to try to convert people, can try Blast Rife Crag. yes, there some CoW already there, but with the possibility that Kessel will hunt them down, Blast Rifle Crag will be one of the places the CoW would go. Also can keep the PKs there busy :P there is also still three pirate Battle Dragons there.
Old July 3, 2001, 16:00   #27
Sprayber
Emperor

I think that Cyber's style would be great for the Cult of Planet. He could even take some of his cult of war over to them somehow. I'm like LMP, in that I think that the COW doesn't fit in with any of the factions with the exception of the COP. As much as I would like to see the Pirates have trouble with the cult, I just don't see how. A more reasonable thing to expect would be for Sven to have problems with the Pirates always wanting to go out on without telling Safe Haven everything. Especially since they are so isolated. I think if they saw a COW priest they would simple laugh at him or try to throw him into the sea for laughs. If there is going to be a Believer-Cult war than there really needs to be two active players at least paying some attention to them. I don't want to get into a war with the drones cause it would just turn into a Sparta-Alliance war all over again with the same results. Cyber, think about taking over the COP. But as always I will go along with whatever the majority of the people want. But I do disagree with the whole COW story. Especially if it results in the Spartans loosing yet another base. So is Temple of War Spartan or is it independent?

LMP--if Temple of war turns out to be soley Spartan, then they might be interested in trading it for the yet to be detected pirate base near the upland wastes.

Last edited by Sprayber; July 3, 2001 at 16:06.
Old July 3, 2001, 16:05   #28
Clear Skies
Prince

Is it just me, or is this becoming a second Discussions thread?...

Plans for the Cyborgs? Already quite a lot coming my way - the PKs aren't too pleased with me due to circumstances beyond my control (wasn't ME specifically who signed the treaty with Yang, it was done while I was away...)
Also Yang and the Spartans are making overtures of friendship which I am doing my best to rebuff - I figure Aki Zeta-5 wouldn't want much to do with a bunch of weapon-crazed survivalists or a freedom- and knowledge-suppressing commie (not my words, but they'll do )

Other than that I'm unsure - Fusion Power sounds interesting, but I can't quite follow all the Perfect Society stuff. I was thinking about trying to steal a march on the rest of you in the race to Orbital Spaceflight but can't think of a realistic way to do so.
I don't really want to take the Cyborgs into any massive wars or anything, but I might try...

Anyone else with any ideas, feel free to tell me
Old July 3, 2001, 16:26   #29
Argonaut
Prince

Yeah, this is getting like a second discussion thread. Oh well, on with the discussion:

Cyber-> The Data Angels have been on the island for a while now, and sent the scout patrol out on arrival to explore and do exactly what your doing there : pod popping. I just sort of forgot about them, until I realized that you were on that island now too (which makes it that little bit smaller what with the Drones and Morganites plus an Alien Centre too. Me thinks the Isle of Denairia (or however you spell it) is turning out to be quite the hotspot on Chiron. Must have great weather.

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4, 2001, 16:55   #30
TheDiplomat
Chieftain

Okay, this is TheDiplomat/Cyber. My Cyber account doesnt´want to work for now, so I´ll just use my other persona=)

Bad news. Due to drastic and sudden schedule changes, I´ll have to lower my post rate to 1-3 posts/per week.

LordLMP: I would mistreat the Free Drones? Naah...
But really, I take this game as a roleplaying game, meaning I won´t turn the Free drones suddenly into all-hating fascist monsters, especially when LMP has alrady shown their personality and relations. Besides when I controlled the Spartans, I constantly helped the Drones and struggled to keep them out of the second war, only to get what else than... nothing in return! Mrr...
And DO remember(also to the record for the newer players ) that I played the PKs as TheDiplomat, bringing the peacekeeper forces to their now paradise island, cooperating with planetmind, contacting the other members and forging the Chiron Alliance and creating the Pro war PKs( to which I planned a much different destiny). Basicly without me, the PKs would be either now slaves or been flush down the oceanic toilet a long time ago...

Darkcloud: Umm... I actually haven´t sent the preachers, especially to Morgan... but we could say, the people that The Perfect Society contacted were somekind of forward scouts... yeah, thats right!
The Spartan probe teams still in the imaginary base of Zarya-Sunrise, what have they been doing all the time?Well, they are under the command of Demeneras, so basicly they are under the influence of CoW. The whole time, since the Cult first began its rise, they´ve been pawing the way. Basicly, what they´ve done is just getting info and faking IDs, steling some creadits( not big sums), not a though job for a bunch of commandos and elites, even under the incredibly tight security of Data Angels, Pirates, and under the not-so-good Morgan security.
Fine by everyone?

Argo: Yeah, the island might turn to be a hotspot, but I´ll try not to start it. Lets say, the Cultists want to keep their homeland clear of warBut they´ll shoot, if you come too close to their homebase.
Instead, they even might make a somekind of informal relation with the Data Angels on the island , trading with them(and of course, trying to convert some of them... or at least a little bit )
But, one thing is for sure, although the CoW view of outsiders is a bit narrow as they tend to see them all as heretics, they are not willing to start wars so near home, or actually anywhere else either, as Big Spartan Brother is watching... for now they´ll stick in converting... and keeping their origins secret in the process.

Spray: Don´t you dare making deals with like that!
Seriously, Temple of War is basicly Spartan property, but has a quite much of a autonomous position, as there are no original Spartan officials there to control the place.

Okay people, due to public pressure, I´ll take the CoP. But, as i said, my posting will lower significantly for the next three weeks atleast, so don´t expect much.
TheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote