Old July 3, 2001, 13:36   #1
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 13:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Sim games
What is your favorite Sim game to be released in the near future, I know this isn't the place exactly about Sim games, but what the hell
Old July 3, 2001, 16:17   #2
tniem
King

Local Time: 06:17
I wonder how The Sims ONline is going to play if what I have heard is correct. Is the game really going to be an online chat engine with Sims to deal with other people? If so, how is this going to be fun?

While, I like sports games and SimGolf looks fun, I think SimVille will be the real deal. It should be a fantastic game drawing on both SimCity and The Sims - two amazing games.

Also, side note: This is the proper place to discuss Sim games. The other games forum is here for us to discuss the gaming world and who knows games better than the dedicated Civ fans.
Old July 3, 2001, 18:35   #3
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by tniem
Also, side note: This is the proper place to discuss Sim games. The other games forum is here for us to discuss the gaming world and who knows games better than the dedicated Civ fans.
Yes it is the proper place in this place, but I guess I more proper place would be on some Sims site

About The Sims Online, isn't it going to be like you build your own house like the normal sims, the only difference is you now can have "outoftown" visitors!?! Could be wrong though

Personally I'm not interested in Sims Online, more in Simsville and Simgolf
Old July 3, 2001, 18:48   #4
Jaakko
King

Iljushin Il-2 Sturmovik by Maddox Games

Old July 3, 2001, 18:54   #5
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaakko
Iljushin Il-2 Sturmovik by Maddox Games

Is that a Sim game? If not, why did you write it???
Old July 4, 2001, 01:37   #6
Ari Rahikkala
King

Local Time: 14:17
Well, it's a simulation, I think ...
This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand
Old July 4, 2001, 12:13   #7
tniem
King

Local Time: 06:17
Quote:
Originally posted by ADG

About The Sims Online, isn't it going to be like you build your own house like the normal sims, the only difference is you now can have "outoftown" visitors!?! Could be wrong though
You do appear to be right. I just don't know though. What happens when you stop playing could a relationship be ruined because someone just wanted to slap your non reacting character for fun? Doesn't seem like it will work to well.

I agree though, that SimVille and SimGolf appear to be two sounder games that will be a lot more fun. But I guess we will find out in time.
Old July 4, 2001, 16:11   #8
Jaakko
King

Yep, Il-2 is a flight sim, probably the best one in many years. I mentioned it as a protest against the hijacking of the word 'sim' to mean these computer toys.

But from your list I'll vote for Sims Online, I can't wait to go around hitting on those pretty female sims played by 12 year old male brats.

It should have much more longevity than Sims Offline, which was my only life for a week, only to be discarded soon after.
Old July 7, 2001, 19:31   #9
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

Local Time: 11:17
SIDGOLF!!!
Only kidding

None. I am still seeing The sims in the shops for £35 and I'm not buying it for more then £20.
Old July 7, 2001, 22:26   #10
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 19:17
The Sims is horrible, so I don't have any expections for SimVille. I hate golf, so SidGolf is right out.

Nothing left for which to vote
Old July 8, 2001, 03:25   #11
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger
The Sims is horrible, so I don't have any expections for SimVille. I hate golf, so SidGolf is right out.

Nothing left for which to vote
The Sims and Simville is NOT the same, Simville is more a SimCity for towns. I hate to play golf, but that doesn't mean I don't like to take money from all those golfers
Old July 8, 2001, 07:09   #12
Father Beast
King

Local Time: 04:17
I have to know what I'm voting for.

what is simsville? I have no Idea what this game would be. I tried watchimg the preview for it, but my computer crashes when I do. So I don't know what it is.

ADG, you said that simsville will be like simcity for towns. wasn't this already done in SimTown? or is this basically going to be simtown 2000?
Old July 8, 2001, 08:14   #13
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Beast
I have to know what I'm voting for.

what is simsville? I have no Idea what this game would be. I tried watchimg the preview for it, but my computer crashes when I do. So I don't know what it is.

ADG, you said that simsville will be like simcity for towns. wasn't this already done in SimTown? or is this basically going to be simtown 2000?
Well, Simsville is as I said SimCity for towns, but with The Sims alike graphics, you can check out the official site to see what it's like. I haven't seen SimTown, isn't it a childrens game (That's what I've been told). At least Simsville shouldn't be a childrens game!
Old July 8, 2001, 13:09   #14
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

-Sims Online just seems like a large... glorified chat room. It may be interesting to some people, but not myself.

-Simsville just seems like SimTown/The Sims/Constructor... and hardly worth it, if you already own the latter two games. However, if you like 'manipulation' games, it may be worth it...
Old July 8, 2001, 13:11   #15
Father Beast
King

Local Time: 04:17
OK, I voted. Sims is a cool game, but I have almost never played anything online. Simgolf doesn't light my wick, so it's simsville.
I always had a soft spot for simcity, and yes, simtown was basically simcity for kids. This simsvilleseems to be simcitylike, but focuses more on the pastimes and entertainment of the sims.

Mind you, I probably won't buy it, but it sounds the most interesting of the three
Old September 22, 2001, 17:03   #16
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Damn, they just cancelled number 1

They can't do that

Start working on it again
Old September 25, 2001, 08:38   #17
Moral Hazard
King

Local Time: 07:17
None, I don't enjoy playing with dolls.
Old September 25, 2001, 09:02   #18
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Moral Hazard
None, I don't enjoy playing with dolls.
Have you ever tried it, it's not playing with dolls it's playing with money Lots of money
Old September 25, 2001, 16:50   #19
Keep Civin'
Settler

Local Time: 21:17
I WAS looking forward to the first choice the most, until they cancelled it.
Old September 26, 2001, 10:16   #20
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

C'mon everyone- if you really wanted Simsville- play Sim Town first, then decide if you really need Simsville
Old September 26, 2001, 11:31   #21
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkCloud
C'mon everyone- if you really wanted Simsville- play Sim Town first, then decide if you really need Simsville
SimTown is for children (does we ever grow up anyway ) which means the gameplay is lower, the graphics are uglier...oh and did I mention the gameplay is lower?
Old October 6, 2001, 03:34   #22
devilmunchkin
Warlord

i honestly tried
i honestly tried to play SIms before. BUt when i found out that i didn't "win" in the end, i grew disenchanted and bored after awhile. i had a friend make a sim character out of me and make another couple out of only girls. I guess once you've played it the regular way for awhile, all these perversions creep in.
"Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy
Old October 6, 2001, 09:00   #23
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Re: i honestly tried
Quote:
Originally posted by devilmunchkin
i honestly tried to play SIms before. BUt when i found out that i didn't "win" in the end, i grew disenchanted and bored after awhile. i had a friend make a sim character out of me and make another couple out of only girls. I guess once you've played it the regular way for awhile, all these perversions creep in.
Yeah, the sims gets boring after a while, but in this case The Sims online will (proberly) be a more interesting version of the sims since you can now talk to others...oh and the sims has nothing to do with Simsville (except the caracteres in the game is from the same graphics as in the sims)!
Old October 6, 2001, 09:28   #24
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

The thing I dont like about the sims is the AI.

I really hate it when 2 sims bump into each other in a door way and end up standing around like idiots for the rest of the day trying to figure out how to get past eachother.

Or how they are completely hopeless with out you baby sitting their every move, if you leave them alone they'll end up asleep on the floor in a puddle of piss at the end of the day. This makes families with anymore then 2 people frustrating, and even with small families, it gets annoying sometimes.
Old October 6, 2001, 10:10   #25
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Osweld
The thing I dont like about the sims is the AI.

I really hate it when 2 sims bump into each other in a door way and end up standing around like idiots for the rest of the day trying to figure out how to get past eachother.

Or how they are completely hopeless with out you baby sitting their every move, if you leave them alone they'll end up asleep on the floor in a puddle of piss at the end of the day. This makes families with anymore then 2 people frustrating, and even with small families, it gets annoying sometimes.
Oh yeah...that was very annoying, I guess they will never get rid of that problem...and still they release one add-on after another For the sake of those people who are going to buy Sims online I certainly hope they will "kill" this bug, cuz it will then be pretty annoying when 5+ people are trying to go through the same door at the same and because of this everybody has to wait 5+ minutes before anyone can walk again
Old October 6, 2001, 20:15   #26
devilmunchkin
Warlord

ok
thenw hat is simsville in comparison to SIm and SIm City etc etc., since i'm not familar with it.
"Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy
Old October 7, 2001, 01:42   #27
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 19:17
All right, I voted for Simville.

Even though The Sims is still grossly boring.
Old October 7, 2001, 08:46   #28
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Re: ok
Quote:
Originally posted by devilmunchkin
thenw hat is simsville in comparison to SIm and SIm City etc etc., since i'm not familar with it.
In Simsville you have to build up a town and have to make sure everybody in the town has a good life (many friends, good job, etc.), you can tell them whenever someone shall hold a party (to make new friends) and such and you control where in town the different people shall live, but it's not so much micromanegement like in The Sims (Where you chose where the people should go, what they should do at that exact moment, which job they should have, etc.) and it's not that superficial like in SimCity where you don't know who lives in your city, where you only know where there's houses and where there's roads (and such...)
Old October 11, 2001, 22:01   #29
Juggernaut
Prince

SimGolf looks neat. Cool idea. Although he could have spend the time on finishing Civ3 faster...