Old July 4, 2001, 07:48   #1
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 21:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I need a couple of title.gifs...
Could some kind person with the know-how please convert the following two jbeg's into gif format that will work as a title gif file for FW?
I return I promise you lavish credits in the readme's and will test any scenario you come up with

The first one is for my scenario 'Raging Dragon', which deals with a Chinese invasion of Russia:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	t-85-2m-1.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	800  
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old July 4, 2001, 07:52   #2
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

...and the second one is for my scenario on the Battle of the Atlantic.
Whoever does the conversions, could you please either post them below or email them to me at: nick_dowling@hotmail.com
Thanks a LOT in advance
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	convoy.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	801  
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
Old July 4, 2001, 15:44   #3
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 12:18
Sent
Old July 6, 2001, 21:16   #4
Case
Emperor

Henrik, thanks for that. However, due to some strange bug in hotmail, I can only download the pictures in .bmp format
To get around this problem could you please zip the gifs into a compressed folder and resend them?
Old July 10, 2001, 13:31   #5
Juggler
Prince

I've had similar problems with hotmail. The same thing usually happens with some other files like *.xls..., that's why I sometimes use yahoo and other mails.
Old July 11, 2001, 03:08   #6
Case
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Juggler
I've had similar problems with hotmail
It's nice to see that Hotmail dons't have some strange vendetta against me
Old July 11, 2001, 03:15   #7
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Hmmm... Did I ever send you the gifs zipped, I might have forgotten
Old July 11, 2001, 13:20   #8
Prometeus
Spanish Civers
King

I did a title.gif for my "Rising dragon" scenario ( very similar to your, i think ) two year ago or so. Interested? My e-mail is on top o' the page...
Old July 11, 2001, 16:11   #9
Case
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Henrik
Hmmm... Did I ever send you the gifs zipped, I might have forgotten
I think that you forgot
Could you please send them soon as they're the final things I need to finish off the scenario's
Old July 11, 2001, 23:47   #10
Henrik
Emperor

Sent agaain
Old July 12, 2001, 11:47   #11
The ANZAC
King

Local Time: 06:18
Case: did you get the redone light cruiser and the ocean liner?
Old July 12, 2001, 19:09   #12
Case
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC
Case: did you get the redone light cruiser and the ocean liner?
Yes, and I'm going to use both
I've decided to give the Axis and Allies thier own light cruisers, with the Axis light cruiser having a single 3 gun turrent at each end (eg like the German Koln) and the Allies being your Exter class.

Henrik, thanks for resending the pictures. I owe you one
Old July 20, 2001, 09:38   #13
SetuSinger
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:18
When is the Atlantic-Battle-Scenario going to be released?? I can't wait to see it!!
Old July 20, 2001, 17:02   #14
Mercator
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 13:18
Slightly off-topic, but what Hotmail bug are you referring to, Case and Juggler? If you save the file, you get some file called getmsg.htm, after choosing to save the file?
You can solve this problem, by first choosing to open the file, then you´ll get a second popup asking again to open or save, only then choose to save the file. Sometimes it can even take more than 2 times. Keep choosing the open file option, until the place you´re downloading it from is some IP address (something like 216.33.240.250) instead of some URL like lw8fd.law8.hotmail.msn.com...
Old July 20, 2001, 19:34   #15
Case
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercator
Slightly off-topic, but what Hotmail bug are you referring to, Case and Juggler?
Whenever people atatch .gif files to emails, hotmail only lets me download them as bmps.

Pol Pot, it should be ready very soon - I'm just wating for my playtesters to have a look at the final version. While I won't set a date, the scenario should be out within the week

Last edited by Case; July 20, 2001 at 20:59.