Old July 6, 2001, 05:02   #1
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 13:20
Local Date: October 31, 2010
FACES Of APOLYTON #1: VELOCIRYX
We are glad to announce that as of today we are starting a new series of interviews. Hopefully on a steady pace, we will be presenting special members of our community.

We start with <a href=http://apolyton.net/misc/interviews/foa_1vel.shtml>Velociryx, author of the famous SMAC Strategy Guide </a>

If you have a suggestion on who to interview next, send a pm to <a href=http://apolyton.net/forums/private.php?action=newmessage&userid=6796>Solver</a> our Interviews Chief.

Last edited by MarkG; July 6, 2001 at 05:56.
Old July 6, 2001, 07:16   #2
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 12:20
I am available for interview if you make a prior booking. I am sure I could find a window in my schedule somewhere

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old July 6, 2001, 09:41   #3
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 14:20
Congratulations myself for good work ! Markos, read the email I sent you. Provost, well said, but are you really worth it ?

Next interview, already made by me, is with WesW! Look forward to posting.
Old July 6, 2001, 10:18   #4
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Discrimination!

They interview only on-topicers!
Old July 6, 2001, 11:12   #5
Zealot
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Solver
Err... who's WesW?
Old July 6, 2001, 11:28   #6
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

The creator of the Medieval Mods for CTP and CTP2.
Old July 6, 2001, 12:26   #7
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Local Time: 11:20
Thank you again, Solver for the opportunity! I must say tho, that it felt kinna odd (not unpleasantly so, however) to head over here and see my name on the main page, Wow!

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old July 6, 2001, 12:42   #8
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Eli,
Whom are "they" you're talking abot? I deal with the interviews, and I am the one who decides who asks questions, who is aked them, etc. I might someday interview one of the off-topicers, but not earlier than I'm done with the most interesting of on-topic. Well, what can I ask the OTF guy? What's the most stupid thread you've ever seen? Why do you think we have so many trolls and women rapers? Just kidding .
Seriously, I believe most people would better enjoy reading interviews with people contributing to any of the games. And, of course, Sid Meier . Nice idea, BTW.

Vel,
Thank you for agreeing to be tortured by me . Seeing my name in one of pages was my dream for first months of Apolyton, now I'm often there...
Old July 6, 2001, 16:27   #9
Hueij
Emperor

Quote:
Well, what can I ask the OTF guy? What's the most stupid thread you've ever seen? Why do you think we have so many trolls and women rapers? Just kidding .
Well, IMHO you are a little unfair here. Most of the OT's started out on the on-topic boards. When I first discovered Apolyton over two years ago I didn't even know about the OT forum for a couple of months. But after a while you have seen every question and every answer there is on every subject you can think of so you start spending more and more time on OT.

Not that every subject hasn't been rehashed till death on the OT...

Right, I'm off to read that interview, even tho I never played SMAC
Old July 6, 2001, 17:50   #10
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Eli,
Whom are "they" you're talking abot
The establishment!

THEY have only one goal, to destroy the glorios OFF TOPIC!
As I wrote in my book "The Secret War Against the Off Topicers"() : They want us all to talk only about ICS and OCC. THEY dont admit it, but slowly, quietly, they weaken the off topic! Once in a while they add another restriction, and finally, they will get what they want. THE OFF TOPIC WILL FALL!
In the beginning, for every action we took against them, they banned us and reduced our post counts. Then THEY took away our RIGHT to increase them! And now... Now they are using their power to take our already limited freedom of speach by not interviewing off topicers!
We MUST stop it!

Join me in my battle! Together we will wage ruthless war to defeat Markos and Daniel! We will start with destroying their evil guards, Ming, Michael and whatshisname(), and then we will take over Apolyton and THE OFF TOPIC WILL RULE AGAIN!
Old July 6, 2001, 17:55   #11
Eli
Emperor

Join the WAR brothers! FIGHT for your rights! FIGHT for your postcounts! FIGHT!
Old July 6, 2001, 18:36   #12
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 08:20
you say that off topic will rule again, implying that it has ruled before. when was this? and waging ruthless war doesn't sound very nice. if you do that who will do the interviews you're "waging ruthless war" to get? this is assuming you "wage ruthless war" on solver too
Old July 6, 2001, 19:10   #13
Eli
Emperor

Our motives and goals are unquestionable.

---

That's it, i'm tired of this bull****. I go to sleep.
Old July 6, 2001, 19:21   #14
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Quote:
Good one, if not a little predictable...
Old July 7, 2001, 01:22   #15
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 07:20
Good interview, and I agree wholeheartedly about the graphics. Whoever thought that pink, brown, and blue makes for a pleasing pallette has done far more drugs than I while in college... and I've done more than my share. To me, the graphics were so bad that I did something I've never done before with a game: gave it up because it was ugly to look at.

Oh, and HOMM3 is a GREAT game.
Old July 7, 2001, 06:20   #16
Solver
lifer
Deity

Absolutely! OT has never ruled Apolyton. And is someone of you evil OTF bastards touches my Markos, I'm going to kick you so hard that you never find your way back to Apolyton .

And really, there's nothing much to talk about with you. When I'm finished with on-topic, I'll visit Sid, Brian, Bill Gates and others.
Old July 7, 2001, 07:30   #17
Solver
lifer
Deity

Important note about the interviews - I won't always be the only one who asks the questions, it might be someone I appoint, as well. If you want to be one of the candidates, email me or give me a pm. However, I will hold the last word in all decisions, including the person who is interviewed.
Just like the PBEM ratings .
Old July 7, 2001, 07:55   #18
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Solver,
Hi and Congrats

I have a small request: could you sometime arrange for an interview with Scouse Gits about the Great Library? He has put in an enormous amount of work and has been the driving force of its creation! Could you ask him where he got the patience

Besides, when I first came here he was the first one to advise me so I guess I'm a little prejudiced in favor of him
Old July 7, 2001, 08:11   #19
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 19:20
How the mighty has fallen
Quote:
Why do you think we have so many trolls and women rapers? Just kidding .
That's <em>rapist</em> you silly person.

This plainly shows that you are not qualified for the position of Interview Chief. Move over, com'on.

Old July 7, 2001, 10:08   #20
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 07:20
I agree with solver: there are too many on-topicers to interview before they should even think to interview an OTer.

Eli - relax, man.
Old July 7, 2001, 11:48   #21
Father Beast
King

Local Time: 04:20
Quote:
Originally posted by Hueij

Well, IMHO you are a little unfair here. Most of the OT's started out on the on-topic boards. When I first discovered Apolyton over two years ago I didn't even know about the OT forum for a couple of months. But after a while you have seen every question and every answer there is on every subject you can think of so you start spending more and more time on OT.
I find that hard to believe. I have been coming here for a year and a half now, and any visit to the OT is marked with the frustration that I really don't care about those things.
Like velociryx said, the new gamers and posters often have good stuff to put in, stuff you haven't thought about before, or in a way you haven't done. and most importantly, its about the games I care about.

OT is the most active forum here, but its mostly drivel. running a close second is the civ3 general forum. why people would rather play with a "don't respond to this thread" thread than talk about civ3 is beyond me.

anyhoo, I salute this interview segment, and hope it takes its place next to the column.

PS: maybe when some OTer writes a useful guide, like say - Ecthelion's guide to spamming your way to emperor.
Old July 7, 2001, 12:39   #22
Eli
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Beast
PS: maybe when some OTer writes a useful guide, like say - Ecthelion's guide to spamming your way to emperor.
HA!
That loser?!

I'm much better.
Old July 8, 2001, 10:29   #23
Solver
lifer
Deity

Sure this will be like the Column! Interviews are going to kick all your asses
Old July 8, 2001, 12:55   #24
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 01:20
Quote:
Originally posted by Hueij
Well, IMHO you are a little unfair here. Most of the OT's started out on the on-topic boards. When I first discovered Apolyton over two years ago I didn't even know about the OT forum for a couple of months.
I swear, the kids these days!! Back in the old days, we didn't even HAVE an OT!! We had to spam the Civ2General. Now...you "young pups" have it easy!
Old July 8, 2001, 18:22   #25
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

I make one flippant remark and start a cascade

Perhaps you should interview me on how I can incite the hordes of the OT to riot Or about my role in CGN. I meant it as a joke, but I certainly set the ball rolling

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old July 11, 2001, 05:40   #26
Ari Rahikkala
King

Hmm... I just noticed, on the front page, the Flash animation says "Velocyrix"...
This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand
Old July 11, 2001, 06:58   #27
Solver
lifer
Deity

Does Apolyton have flash at all? Well, I know, Markos has put his name wrong everywhere, but I warned him soon enough, and mostly he changed the name to be spelled correctly .
Old July 16, 2001, 03:35   #28
Veracitas
Warlord

Hey Velociryx!

Haven't been on Poly in forever--how long ago was it when we were writing Spartan Chronicles?--and it was a pleasant surprise to see a familiar name emblazoned across the top of the OT forum. I see you're working on your own book . that's really awesome. Well, drop me a line or something. gl
Old July 16, 2001, 12:42   #29
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 21:20
solver : whens the next interview, was a good read actually !!!
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old July 20, 2001, 13:13   #30
DaShi
Emperor