Old August 28, 2000, 17:12   #1
Somgu

Airbases, more than just places to keep your planes.
I just found out, airbases act as farmland and railrodes in trade and production! I dont know what would happen if you built an airbase on a tile already with railroads and farmland, but it could be something close to the perfect tile! *Austin shivers with excitement*

------------------
-Austin the Iron Fisted, not Somgu! Austin the Iron Fisted= soon-to-be 'MASTER DEITY' of Apolyton

Old August 28, 2000, 18:24   #2
SCG
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
King

Local Time: 18:43
Local Date: October 30, 2010
an airbase basically behaves as if it were a city square, so nothing else special happens that doesn't happen in a city (you don't get double-railroad or anything like that in a city ) This bug has been known for a while - apparently there was a bit of debate by the OCC community about whether to allow its use in fortnight competetions (ruled a cheat and not allowed), and you can find several threads about it in this forum as well as being mentioned in several other related websites (Scrolls of Wisdom, Paul's OCC stratagy guide etc)

------------------
April Cantor: Sire, in order to expand further we must first gain favor of the King

SCG: darn, I've never really got the hang of that tribute thing, guess it will be a long time until i make prince

*goes off and starts gifting gold and techs*
Old August 28, 2000, 23:51   #3
Alexander's Horse

Somgu, Duh!

------------------
Founder of the People's Republic of Topics (PROT)
Convenor, Threadjacking Appreciation Society (TAS)
Proprietor, Apolyton Tea Shop http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum19/H...tml?date=00:06

Old September 12, 2000, 15:45   #4
N35t0r
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversDiplomacyScenario League / Civ2-CreationPtWDG2 Latin LoversC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPSPB Team EspañolC4WDG Spamyard TeamBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 20:43
I had the CiC version on my computer, and was not allowed to airbase hills or mountains...

I'll have to check now i got FW if i'm still not able
Old September 12, 2000, 16:11   #5
inca911
Warlord

Local Time: 23:43
Did you also know that you can pre-mine your city square? Set a settler to mining, then use the second settler to build the city while the first is mining. Then viola, you end up with a mined city square boosting your city's production. Last I knew, this was considered legal in OCC play. It really helps with wonder building!
Old September 16, 2000, 05:12   #6
Builder

Local Time: 23:43
Duh!!!
Old September 19, 2000, 00:10   #7
Hodad

HA!

Old September 19, 2000, 00:11   #8
Hodad

HA!