Old September 20, 2000, 20:50   #31
Mercantile
Settler

Local Time: 23:44
Local Date: October 30, 2010
LOL @ Finbar. I had the same experience as well. Plus when barbs take over a former rival, the first time you meet them it states the same question, at least in my version of the game.

Kcbob, i have experienced this as well. For me it happened when i chased the two barb kings into the city they had taken from me, was this the case with you as well?
Old September 21, 2000, 09:07   #32
kcbob
King

Local Time: 17:44
quote:

Originally posted by Mercantile on 09-20-2000 08:50 PM
LOL @ Finbar. I had the same experience as well. Plus when barbs take over a former rival, the first time you meet them it states the same question, at least in my version of the game.

Kcbob, i have experienced this as well. For me it happened when i chased the two barb kings into the city they had taken from me, was this the case with you as well?

Actually, it was the scenario that Finbar referred to. It was an enemy city taken by the barbarians. I uncovered it while traipsing through the woods. Then, I also had the rhetorical posed to me... "Barbarians? War?" Duh!!!

I haven't noticed barbarian kings entering cities all that much. But then, I've only seen about 10 to 15 barbarian cities in all my times playing.

------------------
Frodo lives!

Better dead than "Red"... or green... or blue... or yellow... or orange... or purple... or white.
Old September 22, 2000, 13:28   #33
The Mad Viking
King

Local Time: 23:44
Barb cities- mmm cheap to bribe. Recently bought New York, size 8, two military units and a leader=diplomat for like pocket change.

finbar, did you say that barbs took 7 Egyption cities in one game?
Old September 22, 2000, 20:31   #34
finbar
Civilization II MultiplayerMac
Emperor

Local Time: 01:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Me? Say that? I don't think so. I've seen a message saying the barbs have wiped out a civ - the Babs, from memory - and discovered the civ, still in existence, but with all red cities. There were 4 cities, from memory. Some of them size 6 and 7. Talk about an early Christmas present! I'm not sure how often the barbs wipe out a civ and it completely vanishes, and how often it lives on in barb hands. The above is about the only time I've seen a whole civ live on in barb hands.
------------------
finbar
Mono Rules!
[This message has been edited by finbar (edited September 22, 2000).]