Old August 14, 2001, 08:52   #271
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 13:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
What do you mean half the players?

Nah, just kidding...

(I was certainly less than happy with you at the time, but life goes on... )
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14, 2001, 09:59   #272
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 06:28
SMAC: The Gaians have 8 votes for PG and occupy very important ground. But yeah we would like you back.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14, 2001, 14:18   #273
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Hmmm... so, Roze is upset with Lal and Lal is kind of upset with Roze... -and it seems it is mostly because they misinterpret each other... This could get really sad...

-and now Santiago has asked Lal to vote for her, which he doesn't know of a single good reason to do...

Lal is going to wonder if people think he's getting old and senile or something...

Anyway, I'm going to post something on these things, but I don't have time to write it just now... back later!
Old August 14, 2001, 15:35   #274
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 11:28
Welcome back SMAC Fanatic...

hmm. I thought that the Cult should at least have nearly the same pop as the believers or the Believers would roll over them? It is not as if the Cult's army is any better. I say the cult should have pop of at least 3.
Old August 14, 2001, 16:31   #275
Argonaut
Prince

You GOTTA come back SmacFanatic! I need someone in my corner!

Oh and of course your a good writer and we can still have lots of fun....come on.....you know you want to...

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15, 2001, 18:05   #276
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Newsflash!

Guardian finally got his ancient ICQ account back online!

-It's been "lost" in Cyberspace since 1998... Now I'm back. Thought some of you might want to know...
Old August 16, 2001, 02:38   #277
[LordLMP]

SMAC, i always like your input. You can play both the Gaians and Cyborgs for now.... just saying that when we get new players, you may have to give one up. But until then, you can control both. Little? maybe military wise and so on... but the Cyborgs is the most advance faction on chiron...so their military may be small, but they sure can be advance and powerful. Gaians tend to be quiet and mysterious, aswell as a small military, but they can hold their own and do remember, they have the Empath Guild, so automatic infiltration.... so they can have one of the leading intelligence on Chiron and they do pretty well diplomacticly. Also, they specialize in Mindworms too....
So remember, bigger doesn't always mean better and they can have more bases too.... thought the gaians may establish a seabase or two aswell...... Cyborgs, another seabase and there is room for couple of more ground bases...which one may have the hidden university bases within its radius....but since the Cyborgs may have secret research dealings with them makes sence as i always doubted that those secret bases will be able to stay hidden from the cyborgs for so long. Another, Cyborgs as mysterious too as not much is known as to what goes on within the faction I into allowing the cyborgs being the first in shooting a satellite in Space......which would spark a space race on Chiron. There was ideas thrown about concerning the Cyborgs and Gaians, but do as wish

and Yes, we want you

Yes, Cult can have its Human Genome Project and Cyborgs its Citizen Defence Force.

Also, i'll take care of the results of votes.

-LordLMP
Old August 16, 2001, 11:59   #278
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Actually I think everyone knows about the hidden bases, scouts have gone into the land where the sneak attack came from during the last University war and Zakharov has combined his faction.
Old August 16, 2001, 21:38   #279
[LordLMP]

Darkcloud, University can't exactly combine the hidden bases with the rest of the faction as they are located WITHIN Cyborg territory... meaning, Cyborg Bases/territory between hidden bases and University. and since the bases were established secretly and was hidden, can't Officially claim territory in their radius.

Sure the hidden bases is known to Aki, Roze, Svensgaard and even maybe Morgan and the spartans, which Zhakarov may of mentioned to them or not. But it ain't Common Knowledge. And by having the hidden bases do various dealings with the cyborgs, mainly research, supplies, etc... without Zhakarov permission....trend of doing that started before contact was made again in the second war, but Zhakarov will have trouble stopping them thought I would think. Besides, Zhakarov has full access to their research data, and link to general cyborg research via them.... which can take advantage of the Planetary Datalinks. ... explains why the Cyborgs didn't simply took them over or whatever when they were discovered. And those bases don't have the infrastructure or resources to maintain an secret army there either.

Why do something simple before we get into an argument over this?

-LordLMP
Old August 17, 2001, 13:11   #280
Sprayber
Emperor

whats this, i go get engaged and when i come back so much has happened.

I hope we aren't getting into a war so soon.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Last edited by Sprayber; August 17, 2001 at 13:24.
Old August 17, 2001, 17:33   #281
Natan
Prince

Congradulations, Sprayber. That's the best excuse I've seen yet for not posting on Apolyton.
Natan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18, 2001, 04:24   #282
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 21:28
Engaged as in engaged?! Congratulations indeed!
Old August 19, 2001, 15:20   #283
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Congratulations Sprayber!!!!

As some of you may or may not have noticed, I've been away for a few days myself now.
My reason is kind of similar... My wife came home...
Old August 19, 2001, 22:30   #284
Sprayber
Emperor

Thanks guys. I'm glad I got a little slack for that.

And I think Guardian needed a little time off as well.
Old August 19, 2001, 22:38   #285
Sprayber
Emperor

One thing i want to ask. Everyone seems to be using the Council thread for leader to leader communication. Should we use that one only or the regular story thread....?

I thought maybe communications within a faction could be put in the story thread and communication between factions put in the Council thread. ?

Last edited by Sprayber; August 19, 2001 at 23:12.
Old August 20, 2001, 03:25   #286
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
I thought maybe communications within a faction could be put in the story thread and communication between factions put in the Council thread ?
That sounds good to me.

I gotta go right now (I'm at work... ), but I'll be back later and I'll definitely post something today. Lal's going to have some serious trouble on the home front and he's going to need some serious help from his allies if he's going to come out on top. What's up? Well, basically, the more hard line members of the PK government are pretty pissed off about the way Roze has been treating Lal and they're NOT going to go along with Lal's attempt to just write it off as a "misunderstanding". Now they're all crying bloody murder and Lal's going to have to give them something, or else he might lose control of the situation...
Old August 20, 2001, 10:37   #287
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Well, duh...

I'll have to postpone my posting for a bit...
just don't have the head for it right now... (Long day at work... )
Back later...
Old August 20, 2001, 15:43   #288
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 14:28
Well if we are going to brag about what we are going to do, I am this moment wrenching up a nice story part from the Believers. Turmoil!
Old August 20, 2001, 18:14   #289
Sprayber
Emperor

kass-what do you say that you use those transports for a little operation later on.
Old August 20, 2001, 20:31   #290
DarkCloud
staff

Let's just use the "Planetary Council" thread for factional conversations: example:

University talks to Morgan
Planetary Council

The Story thread for:

News Articles
Stories
Old August 21, 2001, 02:54   #291
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Didn't mean to brag about what I'm going to do... just hinting a little...
I'll get back in the game some time later today.
(I know, I know, I said that same thing yesterday... )

Oh, and of course, if there is too much turmoil on the Western Continent, the Peacekeepers at New Hope or at sea might feel compelled to do something... Could get really confusing now that the Data Angels are trolling around down there too, and... well, in light of recent statements from a certain Datajack, our alliance with them is at best questionable... (-which means that in the eyes of people like General Braddock and Admiral Evans, they are definitely NOT our allies...)
Old August 21, 2001, 17:21   #292
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 14:28
Quote:
kass-what do you say that you use those transports for a little operation later on.
Well, is there another purpose for them?
Old August 21, 2001, 17:35   #293
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia

Well, is there another purpose for them?
Well, Sparta didn't build them to carry spare parts.
Old August 21, 2001, 21:23   #294
Bearcat
King

Do you guys have a writer for the Drones yet? I did some writing for the original Chiron Chronicles.
Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2001, 22:48   #295
Sprayber
Emperor

Bearcat- I've read some of your stuff. Your welcome to play the drones as far as I'm concerned. you came in a pretty good time too. I have the Spartans and we are neigbors. We aren't on that good of terms right now, but I'm sure that will change. Santiago sure could use the drone vote in the upcoming election.

Don't listen to a thing those nasty Pirates tell you about the Spartans.
Old August 22, 2001, 12:29   #296
Natan
Prince

Does anyone have a map of believer/cult territory they could send me? I don't have Alien Crossfire, not sure if that makes a difference.
Old August 22, 2001, 15:33   #297
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Natan
Does anyone have a map of believer/cult territory they could send me? I don't have Alien Crossfire, not sure if that makes a difference.
Natan, I can send you a JPG image of the area if you want. It will be later tonight but I can get it out to you.
Old August 22, 2001, 16:54   #298
Natan
Prince

Quote:

Natan, I can send you a JPG image of the area if you want. It will be later tonight but I can get it out to you.
Thank you, that would be very nice.
Old August 22, 2001, 23:10   #299
Bearcat
King

Excellent, it looks like I have quite a bit of pre-reading to do before I post

Perhaps I should get in touch with someone who can explain the full situation.

Last edited by Bearcat; August 22, 2001 at 23:56.
Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23, 2001, 00:26   #300
[LordLMP]

Being one of the moderators, I am able to fill you in on the Free Drones and the current situation, aswell as any other questions you may have

I took some ideas from Crossfire Chronicles concerning the Free Drones, like the Cloudbase Academy They currently have the biggest Air Force on Chiron.

-LordLMP