Old August 23, 2001, 09:46   #301
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 13:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Ho hum... (*fiddle*)

So... is there anyone left whom I have not confused yet??!?
If so, just let me know...

Just for the record though, this thing with the Data Angels wasn't exactly what I had in mind...
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23, 2001, 22:42   #302
Argonaut
Prince

Local Time: 11:28
Hey Guardian,
It's all good. It makes the story far more interesting. However, you couldn't have called Roze an "elephant" and thought you would have gotten away with that! Besides, it's been a lot of fun. I've found myself getting through the boredom of work wondering what Lal was going to say next. Unfortunately, for dealing with Roze, he ended up saying all the wrong things.

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24, 2001, 03:54   #303
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Yes, we both said all the wrong things.
So, it was the "elephant" thing that really did it, huh?
Well, that was the impression Lal got... He doesn't really believe that Roze is "only in it for the power", but that's the impression he'd get if he only looked at their most recent encounters...
The Peacekeepers never meant for it to go this far, they just wanted Roze to see that just getting angry with them wouldn't fix anything. Then they basically wanted to exchange apologies and sort out the problem. They'd even be willing to vote for Roze if an agreement was made in a more dignified manner, they just weren't going to turn around and do it simply because she got mad... Ah well! So much for that...

The thing is... now that you Data Angels have been the Peacekeepers' best friends for so long... we won't really turn out backs on you unless you turn out to be a bunch of real @ssholes. Will it go that far?
Old August 24, 2001, 18:27   #304
[LordLMP]

The Morganites, Free Drones, Gaians, Cyborgs and Hive haven't requested directly for some more bases. So should i use my discretion, or your people choose or no extra bases at all?

For the Gaians and maybe the cyborgs, will give some bases according to my opinion of what they should have and place them.

For now, I will take care of some simple things for the Gaians and Cyborgs via their representives at the Council and so on.
Gaians will be quiet as they usually are and the Cyborgs, quiet for an reason. Can say the Cyborgs are working on something big, so Aki Zeta-Five not available at the moment :P

-LordLMP
Old August 24, 2001, 20:50   #305
Bearcat
King

I'm still trying to get everything sorted out
Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24, 2001, 22:18   #306
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Bearcat--- unless you want to join you may not want to read the below It's a spoiler

SPOLIER
-

May as well tell people about the Nerve Gas thing-

-Zak is using horrible untraceable IP numbers... he sent his best people to DAngel hacking cafes. (Thus all the 'unknown' messages came from him)
-The Nerve gas really kills humans and was destroyed by someone? Haven't decided who... if kassiopea wants the Believer special Forces to have done it it could have been... Zak sent some mercenaries and the arrangement was like so:

Untrustable people (suspected Howellians guarding shipment)
Jakobians given heads up on shipment... but he sends some other untrustable people Greens (he tells them he doesn't want to kill mindworms- but wishes to seem powerful... thus he cannot destroy the shipment himself [flawed, but he thinks they are stupid ]

Greens-Jakobians meet fight. BSF come and kill them, then they blow up the mindworm killers by accident, trying to save them. The gas kills all. A grenade is dropped and explodes everything.
Old August 25, 2001, 00:44   #307
Bearcat
King

Well here's my problem so far. I've managed to unzip the file that Lord LMP sent me. But than I discovered the SMAX is refusing to work for me, and I determined that it was a problem with a sound file. So I had to rename the SOUND.DXLL file after consulting the Read Me. So now I can run SMAX, but without any sound. But that's only half my problem. I simply can't seem to upload the map. Unzipped and all. I don't what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to locate anything but the original zipped file, and I can't upload "ChironMap.SC" as my computer has decided to designate it.

So maybe I'll tackle it tomorrow. In any case I guess I can start playing as long as don't need to exactly know all of my bases and facilities and everything.

*sighs*
Old August 25, 2001, 12:27   #308
[LordLMP]

I updated the map again, so i'll post in the admin thread with the current coordinates.

Oh, while i was in the game, i check out my stats for the pirates...

WIth Democracy, Green and Power:

Efficiency +3 (so very clean and barely any wastage...)
Morale + 2 (so soldiers are pretty trained, especially the naval units with all bases having Naval Yards)
Planet +2 (No problems with planetmind and better chances of capturing mindworms)
Industry -2 (since turning to power, industry suffers..but not a big deal with Automation, +1 mineral bonus in shelf squares, Subsea Trunklines, use of supply convoys at Fossil Field Ridge and etc, so on)
Growth -1 (not a big deal either)

So, to figure out how much units the pirates can support...since they have Support Zero and have 31 bases......

2 free units per bases, so 62 free units in total

then, if you consider how much minerals they produce and so on.... well, they can support a lot lets use x5 per base formula which equals to 155 units, plus the 62 makes 217 units

I am many pirate bases can support more then 5 units mineral wise....... So technicly, the Pirates don't have much of a problem with minerals, neither with energy and food i would think too

thats crazy don't plan to max out my resources to maintaining military thought...................

Just to say in Chiron Chronicles, Non-Combat units are practicly free...but leave some resources to maintain them anyway for realism sake

-LordLMP
Old August 25, 2001, 12:31   #309
[LordLMP]

Beacat, *.SC means scenario. so in the main menu in crossfire when you start the game, go to Scenerio and then Edit Scenario. then locate ChironMap.sc, wherever you unzip it at.

-LordLMP
Old August 25, 2001, 13:38   #310
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 06:28
Quote:
Originally posted by Bearcat
Well here's my problem so far. I've managed to unzip the file that Lord LMP sent me. But than I discovered the SMAX is refusing to work for me, and I determined that it was a problem with a sound file. So I had to rename the SOUND.DXLL file after consulting the Read Me. So now I can run SMAX, but without any sound. But that's only half my problem. I simply can't seem to upload the map. Unzipped and all. I don't what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to locate anything but the original zipped file, and I can't upload "ChironMap.SC" as my computer has decided to designate it.

So maybe I'll tackle it tomorrow. In any case I guess I can start playing as long as don't need to exactly know all of my bases and facilities and everything.

*sighs*
Im working on some JPG images of Spartan territory. I could send you some of the Drones if you want. Natan, I will get you the believer maps tonight. Sorry for not getting them sooner. I have been so busy lately...Guardian I will get them to you as well...Kass..if you need some I can send them to you as well.

I just like to be able to visualize things when im writing things down. And the JPG images helps on that.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25, 2001, 13:58   #311
Argonaut
Prince

Just wanted to let you guys know I'll be out of action for a couple of days. I'm moving into my new apartment, and until I can get my computer set up, I won't be able to post. Should only be until about Monday though, as long as all goes well. So, if you're going to declare war on me, could you wait until Monday? That would be great, thanks.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25, 2001, 14:44   #312
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Sorry guys! Looks like I'm out of it for now...
I'm visiting my mother's house this weekend, and she somehow managed to screw up her computer to the point where I don't think I can fix it anymore...
Got a f?!cked up screen that blinks and makes my head hurt in no time and an internet connection that only works for like 3 seconds every half hour or so...

I'll be back as soon as I can....
Old August 25, 2001, 17:23   #313
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 14:28
Sprayber: Yes, that would be wonderful. It is quite horrid to fiddle around with the scenario editor. Thanks in advance
a.helin@phpoint.net

Guardian: This is OCC and Off Topic, but congrats on Mette-Marit, unless you are one of them antiroyalists.
Old August 25, 2001, 17:57   #314
Bearcat
King

It works
I finally got it to work. Now I just need to know who to talk to and what my exact situation is.
Old August 25, 2001, 19:36   #315
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Welcome to the Game Bearcat

Argonaut, Guardian- good luck with setting up the computer and fixing the computer... hope to see you both again in a few days

Bearcat- the first thing you need to do is choose a faction.
I think SMAC Fanatic quit so the open factions are:

Free Drones
Cyborgs
Gaians????????

NOT IN GAME YET---- (below)
Progenitors
Usurpers

---
Natan is Hive
Guardian is Peacekeepers
Cyber is Cult of Planet
Sprayber is Spartans
DarkCloud is University
Argonaut is Data Angels
[Lord LMP] is Pirates
kassiopea is Believers

Is that everyone? I seem to be missing 2 factions?
Old August 25, 2001, 19:44   #316
DarkCloud
staff

Oh yes... Morganites- Mr. President

I'm embarrassed that I would forget
Too many people in our game
Old August 25, 2001, 19:47   #317
Sprayber
Emperor

What, did the University forget it's long time ally?

And the Planetary Governor at that.

Hmmm, maybe the Spartans can make a move against the PKs and Data Angels while they are busy with internal matters.

Oops I forgot, the Spartans are a faction of peace.

Bearcat, The Spartans look forward to improving relations with the Drones. Maybe we can get them to move against the Pirate outpost on their continent now.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old August 25, 2001, 22:51   #318
[LordLMP]

Bearcat, i read your admin info of the Free Drones.... they are pretty small according to it..... The Free Drones is considered to be in the top 5 population wise, average amount of bases (several large pop bases, majority of bases are well Infratstructured), average size ground force, biggest air force, and one of the smallest navies. Military would technicly be a priority, especially being neighbours with the Hive and Spartans... Drones has been at war with the Hive since their independence until 2180 and a uneasy peace treaty due to spartan interference...but the drones don't expect it to last, especially if they actively operate propaganda in Hive territory and sneaking people out. Drones as also started upgrading their military with Missile Weaponry in 2182, so by 2200, they would be mainly using Missile Weaponry, with some Gatling Lasers or Impact Weaponry among troops.
Free Drones operate a strong Blockade/Defence Line along the Free Drone/Hive border....which has only seen minor incidents in the past 17 years. Free Drones stayed Neutral to avoid trouble....join Chiron Alliance which the Spartans and Hive wouldn't like, also require changing to Green Economy OR get friendly with the Spartans and Hive, which Chiron Alliance wouldn't like and the people would consider the government hypocrites. There Drones that are related to drones that runaway from the SPartan Federation before they made official contact. It was the Pirates who gave the Free Drones Doctrine: Air Power so they have good relations, despite some things like the Athen Outpost or Free Drones tagging with the Data Angels to attack some Pirates during the Dienara Wars (the whole wars thing was unofficial and no faction seriously completly knew what happened).

Just stating whats already Official about the Drones.

-LordLMP

Last edited by ; August 25, 2001 at 23:10.
Old August 26, 2001, 01:29   #319
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Hey again...

Got internet back up and working now, but there's still this godawful screen...
I'll tinker with it a little more today, but if all else fails, I'll be going back to town and my own place this evening, and there at least is a computer that works .

Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
Guardian: This is OCC and Off Topic, but congrats on Mette-Marit, unless you are one of them antiroyalists.
I'm not. Thanks!
I'm not too much of a royalist either, but I do get kind of proud on days like yesterday...
Old August 26, 2001, 13:18   #320
DarkCloud
staff

Free Drones are also a bit angry at the University... who recently insulted them, calling them Unhuman- but saying that they were too strong to be true humans and would destroy human civilization if they ever got the chance.

And, as LMP said, I think he doesn't like Morgan or Yang.
Old August 26, 2001, 13:33   #321
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 14:28
1. Welcome Bearcat. How about the Drones and the Believers? or ?
2. DarkCloud, I like the idea of the BSF and the radical UoP elements mingling together. Hmmm...
3. Guardian, well, there isn't a chance of that kind of grandeur here, Halonen got married privately :envy:
Old August 26, 2001, 14:54   #322
Bearcat
King

Okay, I was just going by the population numbers in the scenario map, but I guess those aren't correct. Also didn't the Drones land in their own Unity pod?

kassiopeia: I don't think that the Drones would have a problem with the Believers, as long as they perceived that Believing drones are treated well.
Old August 26, 2001, 15:22   #323
[LordLMP]

Bearcat, the population in the map are unaccurate. same with terrain improvements, except for landmarks.

Just remembering, same with Mr.Prez concerning military wise with the Morganites... They may be smaller military wise compare to the Data Angels, but they have a average size ground force, small navy and whatever for Air. Just to say Prez, Morganites have plenty of Air Transports used in trade :P alternative to naval shipping.... but air has shorter range, so need more stops.

Military Ground units is usually regiment size. So around 50 or so rovers in a typical regiment size unit.... infantry, around 1000...but some factions like the Hive which has a strong population growth may end up having 5000 or so infantry units.... Squadron to a Wing for Air Units.... and one single ship per naval unit, especially Cruisers.

Infantry units are lot cheaper to make too, especially if you have good size population.

-LMP
Old August 27, 2001, 15:01   #324
Sprayber
Emperor

Natan: I sent the map, did you get it.

Kass and Guradian, i can't find your email address. ill get the maps to you sometime today..
Old August 27, 2001, 21:34   #325
DarkCloud
staff

Bearcat, The Drones split from the hive.
Old August 27, 2001, 21:51   #326
Natan
Prince

Sprayber, I'm overwhelmed. Not only did you send me the maps, you even added little messages to them about "Spartan intelligence files - approved for distribution to the Hive." Thank you very much.

Mr. President, did you see my offer to Morgan vis a vis the planetary elections?

Last edited by Natan; August 27, 2001 at 21:57.
Natan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28, 2001, 01:53   #327
[LordLMP]

Sprayber, is it possible send me the jpg maps you make too? I seriously don't need it, but as moderator, want to inspect everything :P

also, as the transports for the believers left already or standing by until they get the colony pod loaded? hey, the Spartans can't expect the Pirates to not see their ships cross their waters to Believer territory :P

As for Mount Planet and so on... Pirates don't give a hoot about land territory....unless a threat to them by another faction using that land.... only real interest for Mount Planet is Pirate companies sending supply convoys to acquire resources...

if anyone got the latest updated map i posted at admin...you may notice the Nautilus Pirate mines on the smaller landmass attached to Mount Planet west of it. a Pirate Company, with gov permission, sent formers to establish mines and using convoys to ship the resources to transports from three Nearest Pirate Bases like Nessus Base and Atlantis. A past decade thing too just to say and the mines are mostly automated, not many people there... but have sensors setup just incase another faction or mindworms say hello......... Pirates don't care about controlling land territory, but they are resource freaks :P big arse navy and all...................210 units! but stretched across Chiron doing escort/patrol duties. Pirates will notice practicly anything among the waters...especially near/in their territory.
Old August 28, 2001, 02:55   #328
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Peacekeepers also have a naval presence in the oceans surrounding the Western Continent these days. Trying to block further weapons shipments, etc... We won't be too happy when we discover a whole bunch of Spartans who are obviously up to no good!
-And now you want to bring in more of your Hive friends as well?!
Sounds like fun...

By the way... I suppose it's about time I got my admin-post ready as well...
I'm a little busy right now, but I'll try to have it up within the next week or so...
Old August 28, 2001, 03:27   #329
Sprayber
Emperor

Natan: I had some free time on my hands today.

LMP: I can send you them if you like.. All they are,are screen shots from the chrion map you sent us. All I did was take the list of coordinates and place the bases where they were supposed to go and get the right set of base graphics. Then I just got the area that I wanted and punched prt. scr and copied it to paint or whatever application you choose. I realize that you had to use the base graphics for the original 7 factions for all of them. So I made a map with the correct graphics cause I was working on a much limited scale than you did. Like for the Western continent, I loaded the believers, gaians, cult, pirates, spartans, cyborgs and PKs. Cause for my limited purpose that is all I needed. I plan on making one for each continent. That means some factions like the Pirates will get used each time since they pretty much circle the globe while the University only occurs on the central continent. I just like to have some kind of visual aid in front of me to avoid those embarassing slips like talking about a base thats on the wrong side of the map. What Natan is refering to is that instead of just leaving the bottom part of the screen like it is in the game, I dressed it up a bit by putting stuff like. Classified. and Western continent and distribution approved by Colonel Santiago. For Guardian I am going to put, something a little different I think.

about the transports. Two foil transport foils are making their way with escorts provided by the SNS Leonides and supporting craft towards Believer territory. The closest base would be Redemption base. A straight line would go trough pirate territory. But the Spartans are taking care to stay in interfactional waters. And besides if you do come close, all you will see is machine parts and some Spartan "Advisors". there is currently a crusier transport waiting at commanders keep. when the pod is ready it will set off towards Believer territory with the the pod, garrison troops, and two other units. I haven't decided what to bring just yet. this transport will be escorted by the SNS Spartan and its support crafts. Since the site is close to Believer territory and the Spartans are concerned about fair play Santiago wants Miriam's blessing first.

If you noticed, Sparta already warned the Belivers that the area around Mount Planet was in need of colonization. Santiago really doesn't want to have to do this. It would streach the Federation thin to have a lot of bases that far away. That is why she wants the Belivers to hurrry up and get some bases down that way. That and having a Spartan influience that close to the planetary council base and Pirate home waters appeals to her sense of what goes around comes around, ala Athens outpost.
Old August 28, 2001, 03:33   #330
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Guardian
Peacekeepers also have a naval presence in the oceans surrounding the Western Continent these days. Trying to block further weapons shipments, etc... We won't be too happy when we discover a whole bunch of Spartans who are obviously up to no good!
-And now you want to bring in more of your Hive friends as well?!
Sounds like fun...

By the way... I suppose it's about time I got my admin-post ready as well...
I'm a little busy right now, but I'll try to have it up within the next week or so...
The UN navy wouldn't want to be accused of stiffling trade would it. That would be very un diplomatic of the UN. Besides, restriction of trade can sometimes go both ways.